• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Well then, that demo was a waste of time, except for the Goron and the nice new angles of Skyloft.

Fun Fact: There's a Triforce on the Goron's side bag. Updating.

Well then, that demo was a waste of time, except for the Goron and the nice new angles of Skyloft.

Fun Fact: There's a Triforce on the Goron's side bag. Updating.
Yeah, I saw the Triforce, and I took a chance and posted an off-the-wall theory (kinda) about it soon thereafter. I sure hope I don't incur any bad publicity because of it. :sweat:

Just a small theory, but I recon that the Hylian Emblem is based of of the Skyloft Birds

The reason I say this is the fact that at about 31 seconds in the new trailer, the bird opens up it's wings and lifts it's head up a bit and the wings just remind me of the emblem. A more similar reference is when the birds are flying because you can also see their feet dangling behind them.

If you ask me, it makes perfect sense that the Hylian Emblem is based of these birds as SS is supposedly at the beginning of the timeline

skybird11

state alchemist
Just a small theory, but I recon that the Hylian Emblem is based of of the Skyloft Birds

The reason I say this is the fact that at about 31 seconds in the new trailer, the bird opens up it's wings and lifts it's head up a bit and the wings just remind me of the emblem. A more similar reference is when the birds are flying because you can also see their feet dangling behind them.

If you ask me, it makes perfect sense that the Hylian Emblem is based of these birds as SS is supposedly at the beginning of the timeline

i believe that it comes from the crest zelda wears which is exactly the same, minus the triforce, and that these crests are family crests. this would make sence if zelda starts the royal family due to that being the royal family's crest, not the crest for the hylian race.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Oh my, a few revelations from a Nintendo Power interview with Eiji Aonouma, SPOILERS AWAY:

Ganon is NOT in the game.

The Triforce takes a different meaning in this game (whatever that means).

Zelda will undergo some significant character development as she matures from Link's childhood friend into a very important figure in the game's story. She is NOT a princess.

Link will "forge" the Master Sword throughout the game, probably from the Skyward Sword, similar to how item upgrades will be a main focus in the game.

Zelda's Lyre, which Link eventually gains, is the central instrument in the game, and it will be played similar to the Wind Waker in the sense that it will focus on rhythm, rather than notes in Ocarina of Time (where there was no rhythm necessary). The Wii Motion Plus will be used to pluck at the strings, and you must pluck to a specific rhythm. Not sure how they'll differentiate notes though. Oh, and the lyre is used to find something important(????).

That's about it.

I've also noticed this very minor thing that Link can dash as he crawls through little tunnels. Not sure why he can, maybe it's an insight into a new play mechanic later on.

Link can climb diagonally again, like Wind Waker Link.

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
This hasn't exactly been measured, but, Aonouma asserted this in a recent interview with Nintendo Power.

Skyward Sword is definitely the longest and deepest Zelda experience yet.

*Has hope-and-joy-induced heart attack and dies happily with a smile*

I probably shouldn't emotionally invest myself too much into this game.

skybird11

state alchemist
are you serious ariel. it's going to be a long game! yes! i love long zelda games. thats part of the reason i love TP so much.

that sounds great but i hope they have biggoron and medigoron and its possible that the broken gorons sword is biggorons sword but with gorons come zora and possibly deku

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
Not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but does anyone think Skull Kid could be in the game? I mean he first appeared in OoT and many speculate that he was the same one in TP because that Skull Kid knew Saria's song. I'm not sure if he's immortal or can just live for hundred of years, but is it possible he could be in SS since this is the game before OoT? I don't know how long it's supposed to take place before OoT, but if it's not too long maybe he could be in it? Idk, just hopefull speculation I guess.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Skull Kids are Hylian kids that get lost in the Lost Woods, there aren't any Hylian kids in Hyrule yet, so I don't think so.

Why would people want him anyway? It'd just be a cameo, nothing more.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
Skull Kids are Hylian kids that get lost in the Lost Woods, there aren't any Hylian kids in Hyrule yet, so I don't think so.

Why would people want him anyway? It'd just be a cameo, nothing more.

How do you know there aren't any Hylian kids in Hyrule yet? I mean it is said that Skyloft was apart of Hyrule at one time and they split, and that Link will connect them again or something in the game so I don't see why there couldn't be Hylians down there. And I just like his character. I would expect him to just be a cameo, not a major character or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom