• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

I think that 8 hearts is for the demo, but he may start with 4-6 heats. I haven't seen Link take half or a quarter heart damage, so the starting count heart may be higher.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
i dont know if you have this up but the guy in the second trailer, first post, says that skyloft is the biggest island in the middle. he says so around 1:35. this implies that the town of skyloft is in the middle of the accesable sky area

Actually, this was a bit of a worrying thing for me. I had the idea that perhaps Skyloft would be a hub world that Link leaves through portals into little areas like levels in Super Mario Galaxy or whatever.

Luckily, that doesn't seem to be the case.

He does state that Skyloft is the central town, and it's on the biggest rock in the middle, and there's scattered rocks all around a sea of clouds. So it does appear as if it is the only, and therefore largest notable thing in the sky.

The interviewer asks if it's gonna be a hub world, but then the guy says that there is a "whole world to explore" down below, so it's win-lose. The sea of clouds is more like one town with several floating rocks around it, whilst the underworld is a fully realised world to explore. I'll update the page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news:

I've deduced that the Forest Area from E3 2010 appears early in the game.

We already know that the Sky Temple at this year's E3 is the first dungeon in the game.

From what we know, we can roughly get this timeline.

Introductions
Bird Rider's Ceremony
Filler
Zelda goes down
Link prepares, gets a sword, probably the Skyward Sword (I wonder what the reasoning is for the green tunic he receives this time?) Me thinks the Rauru-looking guy holds some info.
He goes down, probably into the Foresty Area
He enters the first dungeon, the Sky Temple

I'll update the first post.

For my reasoning, here's a blog that Locke wrote up: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/entry.php?368-Skyward-Sword-Symbol-Analysis&bt=2051

Last edited:
Hey,

The ONM website recently post an update saying that the Sheikah could play quite a big part in the game as the Switch that sends a shockwave of... well... deatail through the environment has the Sheikah eye on it.

Not too sure if this is true or if it's just an easter egg but here's the link to the story (the original source was from Zelda Informer) - http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/28776/zelda-skyward-sword-to-star-sheikah/

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yeah, I saw that one too. There's a thread by the guy who posted it on Zelda Informer, his handle here is "Lex_Informer", where this is discussed. Though you can confirm that the Sheikah symbol does indeed appear in the game, there's still a healthy dose of speculation behind confirming the Sheikah are in the game. Nintendo could choose to skirt around the idea, and I can't really say "A switch with the Sheikah symbol appears in the game, makes things colourful." Imagine if we saw the Howling Stones in Twilight Princess as a screenshot.

Not to say I'm not in the same camp, I do believe the issue will finally be tackled in this game. All I'm saying is I can't confirm it.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
you should probly state that the game revolves around the skyward sword

Well, as I've stated earlier, I'm just compiling a bunch of new info we've gathered POST GDC 2010. Most people know that it revolves around the titular sword and if they don't, they're probably not interested in the smaller, more specific details that have since surfaced.

Also, it may not be ONLY about the Skyward Sword, this game may revolve around a few things, but yes, the most prominent of which is the Skyward Sword.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
you should probly state that the game revolves around the skyward sword

Maybe it's gonna revolve around the Ocarina of time. 0_0
Come on, of course it will revolve around the Skyward Sword as it is the title of the game.
I'm also thinking that it will revolve around the sky, maybe.

skybird11

state alchemist
dude chill. i only looked at ZD's "what we know page" and it said revolves around SS. without that statement the game might be all about the dark tribe or simply just rescueing zelda. the sword could have been a smaller thing in the game. but no. its BECAUSE we have this statement that we can predict how the story will turn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom