• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

W

wiimasterplayer

SS Intro Revealed at E3 2011 (VERY LONG) SPOILERS

based on all the demos and these 2 random guys on youtube who claim to have talked with nintendo officals about the games intro I have come up with these facts... Link wakes up in Skyloft and after discusing with the locals of skyloft link the goes to find his bird (kinda link the start of tp with epona) who seems to be special compared to the other purple birds as links seems to have some connection to the sky and the ground while the other birds seem to only live in the sky. after finding his bird link the partakes in a ceremony with several other flyers. also shortly after finding links bird you meet zelda and her father. zelda seems to be a commoner but also holds some title, as the reward for winning in the ceremony is you get to fly with zelda. Zelda's father i am going to guess that he is the mayor of skyloft as he is the one who starts the ceremony. the ceremony consists of link and the other flyers attempting to catch a statue that is tied by golden bird who ever catches the statue first gets to fly with the mayors daugher zelda. Link is the winner and gets to fly with zelda. but as they were flying a tornado came out of no where and caused the two to fall to the surface. as they were falling zelda gets saved by a servant of the goddess ( that huge black thing in the sky) and link im guessing is saved by phi that macanical being found in the first pic. both zelda and link land safely but link was unconscious for some time as zelda was no where to be found. link had his sword but didn't have his shield or his tunic. So some where between landing on the ground and going to the first temple the sky temple he gets his shield and his green tunic. based on the trailer it looks like he gets his green tunic and perhaps his shield. shield note * there are many types of shields in ss each have there own weaknesses and stamina level once the stamina level drops to zero the shield breaks wooden ones are more the likely weak to fire and have very low samina. the hylian shield is the best it is immune to all physical attacks and maybe even majic attacks. The hylian shield does have a weakness but the nintendo representives would not tell because it was aparently a huge spoiler for the game and they would not say what it was. so link gets his tunic and maybe his shield from the mayor of skyloft which makes me think by the time he gets to the first temple he has his tunic and shield so that means that he has to get back to skyloft some how perhaps through phi's help she does become the spirit of your sword and that means that she will become the spirit of the skyward sword/master sword. so anyway link gets to skyloft and im not sure if the sky temple is really in the sky or the ground im guessing sky as the nintendo reps said they were only showing areas in the sky at e3 2011. so link makes it through the temple and meets Ghirahim. who admits to causing the tornado and how they were so close to catching zelda if not for the servant of the goddess ( that giant black thing) He seems to be after her holiness which im guessing is her fact that she is chosen by the goddess for the triforce of wisdom and that all we know sry its so long and for spelling errors

based on all the demos and these 2 random guys on youtube who claim to have talked with nintendo officals about the games intro I have come up with these facts... Link wakes up in Skyloft and after discusing with the locals of skyloft link the goes to find his bird (kinda link the start of tp with epona) who seems to be special compared to the other purple birds as links seems to have some connection to the sky and the ground while the other birds seem to only live in the sky. after finding his bird link the partakes in a ceremony with several other flyers. also shortly after finding links bird you meet zelda and her father. zelda seems to be a commoner but also holds some title, as the reward for winning in the ceremony is you get to fly with zelda. Zelda's father i am going to guess that he is the mayor of skyloft as he is the one who starts the ceremony. the ceremony consists of link and the other flyers attempting to catch a statue that is tied by golden bird who ever catches the statue first gets to fly with the mayors daugher zelda. Link is the winner and gets to fly with zelda. but as they were flying a tornado came out of no where and caused the two to fall to the surface. as they were falling zelda gets saved by a servant of the goddess ( that huge black thing in the sky) and link im guessing is saved by phi that macanical being found in the first pic. both zelda and link land safely but link was unconscious for some time as zelda was no where to be found. link had his sword but didn't have his shield or his tunic. So some where between landing on the ground and going to the first temple the sky temple he gets his shield and his green tunic. based on the trailer it looks like he gets his green tunic and perhaps his shield. shield note * there are many types of shields in ss each have there own weaknesses and stamina level once the stamina level drops to zero the shield breaks wooden ones are more the likely weak to fire and have very low samina. the hylian shield is the best it is immune to all physical attacks and maybe even majic attacks. The hylian shield does have a weakness but the nintendo representives would not tell because it was aparently a huge spoiler for the game and they would not say what it was. so link gets his tunic and maybe his shield from the mayor of skyloft which makes me think by the time he gets to the first temple he has his tunic and shield so that means that he has to get back to skyloft some how perhaps through phi's help she does become the spirit of your sword and that means that she will become the spirit of the skyward sword/master sword. so anyway link gets to skyloft and im not sure if the sky temple is really in the sky or the ground im guessing sky as the nintendo reps said they were only showing areas in the sky at e3 2011. so link makes it through the temple and meets Ghirahim. who admits to causing the tornado and how they were so close to catching zelda if not for the servant of the goddess ( that giant black thing) He seems to be after her holiness which im guessing is her fact that she is chosen by the goddess for the triforce of wisdom and that all we know sry its so long and for spelling errors
I'm sorry to inform you that the above info is very old news. This is a website dedicated to all things Zelda. You should at least expect us to know more than half of this at the least by now... NOT to be mean. :)

Ariel

Think for yourself.

Thanks, liljes.

I don't trust anything that goes by the qualification: "these two random guys from youtube who met some Nintendo officials".

You've sprinkled in a few truths that were already known, but I'm as skeptical as a paranoid atheist being prescribed alternative medicine by a Mormon in regards to your supposed timeline of events.

Lastly, we see Link getting his tunic in the company of "Zelda's father" in the official trailer. A direct contradiction of your claims.

No personal offense, but that post is highly dubious.

There's a HUGE article talking about everything we've confirmed about the game over at ZI. Oh man, it's monstrous.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/07/everything-we-know-about-skyward-sword-e3-2011-edition.html

Yeah I saw it, well done again. Very comprehensive, much better layed out than my mish mash of facts.

I recommend that anyone who wants some more of the general facts about Skyward Sword to read that. It includes gameplay, general story, items, character profiles and other mechanics and stuff.

I should probably specify that this thread is what we can confirm POST E3/GDC 2010. I'll put a link up on the first post.

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Agh, why did I have to read it

It's made me want the game even more

HURRY UP CHRISTMAS!!!

Now I got that out of the way, does anyone know anything about the golden wiimote plus bundle yet?

All that is known is that there will be a golden, Zelda themed Wiimote+, though bundling with Skyward Sword is unconfirmed.

I actually do think it will come bundled. I don't see why they wouldn't. They'd better not charge much more for it either. I'm looking at you, greedy retailers.

Oh man, so I feel like an idiot. For some reason I'd never looked closely at the word "Dowsing" to know that it was spelled differently from "dousing." -_-

I fixed it in the article though!

I read quickly through the thread and there was some piece of infos that i think you guys have missed.

-Link will actually jump from Loftbird into a hole in the clouds to access the world bellow (How cool is that? is he going to user some parachute or something? lol)
src: E3 2011 Official Trailer.

-He'll have to collect a statue in order to ascende to the Skyloft again (no footage of it, but the NoA producer actually slipped it).
src: Gamespot E3 2011 Stage Demo

- Link will go back to Skyloft Village to make/purchase upgrades, like improving the shield durability. The producer hinted that he is required to collect stuff in the dungeons, like some sort of resource to purchase it, so it's differs from finding other item improvements like the beetle fangs. (again, no footage of it, but the NoA producer actually slipped it).

-You can actually land on other island on Skyloft. (again, no footage of it, but the NoA producer actually slipped it).

-Theres a mysterious item not yet revealed that appears in GDC trailer hud, maybe it's just a dungeon item...
src: GDC trailer. (brief second)

-Round table demo showed a hud mini-map on the screen left side, bellow rupees counter, it's framed, is semi-transparent and it looks very nice.
src: Nintendo roundtable sneak peek.

-Open areas have some kind of zoomed in maps, more detailed than usual field/world map, this hints towards the point that the open areas will be complex enough to have it's own "dungeon" map.
src: E3 2010 demos.

Last edited:

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
MOAR NEWS PLEASE!!!

Great coverage of what we know so far Ariel!

Reading this makes me so excited for the game even more!!!

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Oh, and for those who check back here sometimes but don't check back on the first post, I'll post what I update there, here too. This is all I've got so far, and it's not really new, but just undercovered.

It's some pictures on what the phantoms in the Siren World look like.

Screen shot 2011-07-17 at 12.01.27 AM.jpg
The face (or what looks like a face).

Phantom.jpg
The back.

If you look closely, they appear to be carrying lamps and look very spectre-like. Fun Fact: This is the only in-game footage/shot/other that shows the Triforce in any form. Very peculiar.

I read quickly through the thread and there was some piece of infos that i think you guys have missed.

-Link will actually jump from Loftbird into a hole in the clouds to access the world bellow (How cool is that? is he going to user some parachute or something? lol)
src: E3 2011 Official Trailer.

-He'll have to collect a statue in order to ascende to the Skyloft again (no footage of it, but the NoA producer actually slipped it).

- Link will go back to Skyloft Village to make/purchase upgrades, like improving the shield durability. The producer hinted that he is required to collect stuff in the dungeons, like some sort of resource to purchase it, so it's differs from finding other item improvements like the beetle fangs. (again, no footage of it, but the NoA producer actually slipped it).

-You can actually land on other island on Skyloft. (again, no footage of it, but the NoA producer actually slipped it).

-Theres a mysterious item not yet revealed that appears in GDC trailer hud, maybe it's just a dungeon item...
src: GDC trailer. (brief second)

-Round table demo showed a hud mini-map on the screen left side, bellow rupees counter, it's not frame, is not semi-transparent and it's looks very nice.
src: Nintendo roundtable sneak peek.

-Open areas have some kind of zoomed in maps, more detailed than usual field/world map, this hints towards the point that the open areas will be complex enough to have it's own "dungeon" map.
src: E3 2010 demos.

I shall investigate these, see if they're confirmable, stuff like the mysterious item is not exactly confirmable for example, though I've noted it in other threads, and add what I can.

Well, I investigatateded it. First two I wrote up, third and fourth I have in more general sweeping statements, five's unconfirmable, six and seven aren't exactly post worthy. Though I will grant you that the HUD does not indeed look ugly.

Yeah, I just learnt that the phantoms I alluded to are called Guardians, thankyou forum members. Changed it on the front page.

Last edited:

skybird11

state alchemist
i dont know if you have this up but the guy in the second trailer, first post, says that skyloft is the biggest island in the middle. he says so around 1:35. this implies that the town of skyloft is in the middle of the accesable sky area

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
If you look closely, they appear to be carrying lamps and look very spectre-like. Fun Fact: This is the only in-game footage/shot/other that shows the Triforce in any form. Very peculiar.

Doesn't Link's Hylian Shield count? It still has the Triforce on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom