• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Favorite Appearance of Ganon/dorf?

What was your favorite appearance of Ganondorf?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Ocarina of Time

• Oracles

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords Adventures

• Twilight Princess

• Total voters

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The Wind Waker.

Like everyone else has said, he seems to have more of a character. The main thing I noticed was that he didn't kill Link or Zelda as quickly as you'd expect him to... which made me wonder if he was hesitating. Near the end, it almost seemed as if he was just going to take their Triforces and leave them alive. Another odd thing was that I got the DISTINCT impression that he made the Skull Hammer and gave it to Link as a "reward" for beating Phantom Ganon, due to the fact that the Megaton Hammer had been lost or destroyed.

It was like he wanted to fight Link, but wanted to wait until he had the skills and equipment the Hero of Time did, like an empowered Master Sword and a Hammer to use. He had this weird sense of justice that kept him from trying to strike Link down until they were more evenly matched. I get the impression that it was like he felt he had some unfinished business with his nemesis the Hero of Time, and was trying to bring him back via the new Link so he could finish it. Even at THAT point, he seemed to want the Triforce more than their deaths... it was as if he wanted to them to live with their defeat rather than die as heroes.

So in some ways, it's like he values the struggle between himself and the Hero on some level, and doesn't want to take the easiest route to victory. It's almost like part of him is afraid that he'll win, and then he'll have nothing left to strive for. It's as though he's come to appreciate the "game" he creates by attempting to control everything while being opposed by a Hero who could stop him, more than he would appreciate actually accomplishing it. If that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom