• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Best/first Zelda Experience?

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
My First experience with the Zelda series was watching my dad play Ocarina of Time, when I was two or three. Then at the age of four, I started to play it, and I remember entering the Deku tree for the first time and felt the magic in the legendary series. I played that game almost every morning for two or three hours until I was seven, when I beat it!

I even remember restarting my game several times because I did not want it to end haha!:)

One of my best Zelda experiences had to be when I first played Ocarina of Time in the desert region. I loved the Spirit Temple and everything about it. It looked so amazing and at the time I was interested in Egypt and the pyramids. Also we got a sneak peek at who the Gerudo people were and what their life style was like. My second best was playing Twilight Princess. That game had a lot of depth to it and it broke my heart a few times too. I honestly wouldn't have changed anything in the story for Twilight Princess even if I was able to. I don't think I have ever found a game series as amazing as Zelda.

My first Zelda experience was watching one of my brothers playing Ocarina of Time. My best experience was playing it for myself.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
My first Zelda experience was playing the original game when I was 8. My older sister was the one who introduced me to it.

My most rewarding experience was beating AoL a couple months. I first tried as a kid and didn't get very far.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I loved when I first beat a Zelda boss, for the first time, it was pretty special. My first boss was Ghoma from Ocarina of Time. I think that might be my best experience.
I would always just do the dungeon, then I would make my dad do the boss. I guess I was too scared to do it myself. One day my dad went out of town just as I reached the boss door.
He said I would have to do it myself. And I did. Then I knew how much fun it was to beat the bosses, and for the first time, I actually played through the game. I would never really get that far into it. I'm not sure why... Anyway, I think thats my best experience with Zelda. I still remember it perfectly.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
My first Zelda experience was at one of the company parties my Dad's colleague used to host annually. His son had an N64 and this young lady (I forget who she was, this was years ago) was playing Majora's Mask. I didn't know what it was at the time, and I wasn't even aware of the existence of Zelda back then. I remembered she played Ocarina of Time while we were there as well. I even tried fighting Ganondorf when she stepped away!! Needless to say, given my unfamiliarity with Zelda and lack of experience with video games in general, I died x.x

But it left an impression on me. I always vividly remembered her waiting by what I used to think was a bridge. There was a low stone wall and mushroom shaped rocks. Only years later did I realize that was the rock wall bordering the entrance to Snowhead in Majora's Mask! I remember asking her what she was hanging around there for and she said she was waiting for something to show up. Little did I know she was waiting for the Spirit Dancer!

Needless to say I am much more familiar with the series today. :D

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
My experience was a lot similar to yours, zeldahero3. I watched my dad play OoT on his N64 when I was also four years old, and I took a crack at it. I've loved the game ever since. :)

Best experience- seeing the rain in ALttP, first time i had seen rain in a video game, can't forget it.

first experience- moving a green collection of small squares around a brown screen wondering what the hell i was doing.

I first became aware of The Legend of Zelda when I was about 5 years old. My older brother was playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the N64. And I would watch him play all the time!! Finally, I worked up the courage to try it myself and absolutely fell in love!! Of course it was a long time before I actually beat one of the games. For a while, I just spent my time exploring the world, and when I played Ocarina of Time, I pretty much just rode Epona around the whole time haha! I would start the game and run straight across Hyrule field, desperate to make it to Lon Lon Ranch before the sun set! I was terrified of the skeletons that popped up when night came:P If I ever for some reason didn't make it to the ranch before night, I can vividly remember making Link jumped up on a stone wall and stay there until the sun rose and the monsters went away. Or I would just hold my shield up and let them hit it until day. Hah, ohh the memories:P I also remember playing Majora's Mask when I was very young. I had a lot of fun messing around with the different masks and seeing their effects. I also loved playing the instruments and learning all the songs! The Zora mask was definitely my favorite:) Back then, I was much too scared to explore the sea though:P Good times.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
My first experience with Zelda was back in 1999 with the ground-breaking Ocarina of Time, and, boy, did I have a fun time with that. That game pretty much made me a Zelda fan from day one. It was fun, challenging, polished, and just all-around epic, especially for a 7 year-old Zelda virgin. A great inauguration, wouldn't you say? I'd like to say this was my best Zelda experience, but I'd ultimately be lying to myself.

As for my best experience with Zelda, it's a really tough choice, but I'm going to have to go with entering the Lanayru Desert for the first time in Skyward Sword. No moment in Zelda prior to this had sent chills down my spine because of how beautiful it was. Seeing that lifeless, yet amazingly-crafted area while hearing that goosebump-inducing music music for the first time just left me stunned. Seriously, I just sat there for a straight minute looking at the scenery and listening to the music. The rest of the area followed up quite nicely, of course, but that initial impact of entering the area for the first time will forever be embedded into my medulla oblongata. I can only hope Nintendo crafts a moment even more powerful than this for me in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom