• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your 1st Gloom Hand Encounter?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It must have been while on my way to a shrine or something. I don't actually remember. But it didn't take long for me to find out how creepy they are when they killed me. I was like "what the heck?!" I rather have them throwing stuff at me like the floormasters in WW :D

Sal

Weirdly, I've only encountered them 3 times 150 hours in? The first was at the Deku Tree Chasm, because I randomly got to the Korok Forest by ascending from the Depths and that scared the **** out of me. Second time was inside a cave where Phantom Ganon wouldn't get up near the shrine I had just enabled, but they would expand the Gloom until it reached me up there. Third time was near the Coliseum and that's about it.

DivineDragoness

Bombergirl Xtreme
It was inside a cave that had a shrine, I remember that much. I managed to cheese the hands with bomb arrows from high up, but then Phantom Ganon killed me in one shot lol. Think I only had the basic four hearts at that point still too.

• Haha
Reactions: Sal
My first encounter with Gloom Hands is when I did Hestu's quest on killing those God damn tree monsters, I went into the cave next to where Hestu was at. I was thrilled to explore the cave when the moment I saw the gloom hands, I thought they were wall masters from the previous Zelda games but was terrified as hell and went to my previous save and for a bit try to avoid going down there until I found the shrine in that same cave where those God damn gloom hands were at.

What was your first encounter like?
I was getting the tower at Akkala Citadel. I was just vibing and having a great old time. Then I see the gloom hands and I'm like "wtf?" Then the music starts playing and they come towards me at the speed of light. I try to run away but they grab me and I'm just low-key screaming and trying to escape because I'm so confused and terrified because I don't understand what's happening and whenever I try to sneak around them I get jump scared.

It. Was. Horrible.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Near the Hyrule castle moat somewhere. I was riding Epona & looking for crane to hunt, then the sky of course went red & I was confused by the speed of it, as it certainly wasn't a blood moon. My partner was watching me & he also had no idea, as he had somehow not encountered any over the 30 or so hours he had played so far. My camera was unfortunately not turned towards them, so I ended up barreling into them & was thrown off my horse. Unsure if I was just between zones or something, as it started to rain & that seemed to change the encounter. Basically caught a glimpse of hands as I was chasing back down my horse & then they were gone, so I was extremely confused as to what had even happened. That is, until much later when I found another group by Hateno. That went much better since I had arrows & actually got to fight them. Wasn't too bad since I have been used to the hard mode on BotW & base TotK had felt too easy so far at that point.

I don't remember where I first saw em but I do remember they scared the hell outta me, lol. Phantom Ganon's pretty trippy too, when you defeat gloom hands.

I’m free to play at work during the day but there’s always someone live streaming so i have to play with the volume down.
I opened the depths that way, on foot, no sound. It wasn’t my first experience encountering Gloom Hands as I had already opened all the skyview towers and most of the shrines but I still pooped my pants when, without a musical cue, some Gloom Hands are suddenly in my face!

I haven't gotten that far into the game to find one, but after seeing how it looks, I thought they were Wallmasters or something.

Mine was on top of the Akkala Citadel Ruins about 6 hours in and I immediately left and went to the Stable below.
Was just doing a flyby over Akkala Citadel Ruins and a lightning storm started…. had an idea!
Threw on the lightning helm, sat on top of the ruins until it spawned and spotted me, timed a lightning strike
and floated dead smack in the middle of the gloom hands…. One strike took them all out! Noice!

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
Was just doing a flyby over Akkala Citadel Ruins and a lightning storm started…. had an idea!
Threw on the lightning helm, sat on top of the ruins until it spawned and spotted me, timed a lightning strike
and floated dead smack in the middle of the gloom hands…. One strike took them all out! Noice!
Damn boi!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I first encountered one in the depths beneath the Lost Woods and was understandably horrified and warped out. The may also have been a lot of frightened yelling involved (I really hate wall/floor masters). I avoided that area for a while but, after doing some googling and figuring out where they spawn and how to kill them, I managed to go back there.

The gloom hand‘s spawn point at the Maritta Exchange Ruins north of Lindor’s Brow skyview tower in the Hebra region has to be the one that can still get me every time. You literally have to stand on it to trigger it spawning.

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
I first encountered one in the depths beneath the Lost Woods and was understandably horrified and warped out. The may also have been a lot of frightened yelling involved (I really hate wall/floor masters). I avoided that area for a while but, after doing some googling and figuring out where they spawn and how to kill them, I managed to go back there.
Craziest thing is that you are more likely to encounter Gloom Hands on surface than it ever is in the Depth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom