• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword What Was So Difficult About Skyward Sword?

Getting those damn Tadpoles totally sucked - 3 hours! And, for the last hour, I was on a quarter heart, with the constant beeping warning me that I was going to die. I'm not sure how I did it, but I dodged one of those sharks and at the very last minute was able to find that one tadpole stuck up in the lily pad. I actually had to look up how to get that one because I had no idea you had to hit it from above.

That, and those Silent Realm tests were terrible.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only difficult thing I found was the last dungeon, the whole place was just one big puzzle. The combat and general gameplay was pretty easy overall.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
If youse is tone deaf like the damned harp sections *Shudders* Or for that matter if you are bad at timing it's again the harp sections, seems like the musical instruments has been buggered since Spirit Tracks and its flute

I didnt. The difficulty was well balanced, there was enough challenge without tipping over the frustrating side. Controls were smooth and precise, design was stellar.

I do see a lot of people playing SS as they did TP (mashing and waving the controller senseless) so obviously those who cant be bothered to input the proper range of motion might have been frustrated with the lesser results.

MW7

It's not that it was difficult, it's that by comparison it was difficult. The two previous 3d games had the parry and hidden skills respectively so by comparison motion controls are going to seem like a challenge even though they weren't that difficult to use. The parry in Wind Waker was so overpowered that a blind person with only two fingers could flawlessly defeat the toughest enemies in the game without much practice. By comparison Twilight Princess was difficult even though it had a move that let you kill most things in one hit, and by comparison to Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword was difficult.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The enemies were way less aggressive and more defensive, which made them more challenging, compared to other games where they're stupidly aggressive (OoT, MM, TP) and games where they just stand still and don't do anything for extended periods of time (tWW).

The puzzles, however, were the easiest of all the 3D titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom