• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What song is better?

Which is better, "Song of Storms" or "Great Fairy Fountain"?

• Song of Storms

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Great Fairy Fountain

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Disasterbate5k

Shubadawoo
So a while back I was having a debate with my boyfriend about two particular songs in the series in which was better:

Song of Storms (his vote)
vs
Great Fairy Fountain (my vote)

Now according to him, GFF wasn't really emotional compelling, but I also felt that due to it's story significance throughout the series it held more power. It would seem that Song of Storms is pretty darn popular, but I couldn't call a guy powering a windmill to be very emotionally compelling either. Not to say that it's a bad song, it just didn't stick with me as much.

So what do you think? What makes these Zelda songs good and which do you prefer? :)

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Song of Storms. More catchy, and as for emotional value? Majora's Mask has enough of that with how it's used to forgive the ghost's brother. More value than GFF imho.

This was tough, because the Song of Storms is initially pretty catchy, but there've been so many versions of the Great Fairy Fountain both in-game and done as covers, and there've been so many times where I felt profoundly at peace listening to it, to me it's just as much a part of Zelda as the main theme. Every game from ALTTP onward has it as the file select music, it cues me up to know i'm about to delve into the world of Zelda. Once you look at it that way, there's no contest. Eat your heart out, Guru-guru.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I like all Zelda-songs (except Frog's Song of Soul... *shudders*), but I'd have to say that I like Song of Storms more.

SONG OF STORMS!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Great Fairi'es Fountain. Especially considering the ALBW rendition of it.

Such greatness is containted in this piece, and it is way more iconic than SoS(Even though I love that piece as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom