• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Parts Do You Dread?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Nintendo really likes telling us stuff. Fi.

Fi's real problem is that she interrupts the flow of the game -- same with the treasure notifications. Most of the things she has to say are simply her take on the situation at hand, much like Otacon in MGS4. The difference between the two is that MGS4 has voice acting, allowing Otacon to say things without disrupting the gameplay, one of many ways Skyward Sword could have benefited from voice acting.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
So...spending 15 seconds to pull out the Beetle, use the Beetle, and then return it...to avoid an 11 second cutscene. Also, don't you need to do this each time you get the treasure?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So...spending 15 seconds to pull out the Beetle, use the Beetle, and then return it...to avoid an 11 second cutscene. Also, don't you need to do this each time you get the treasure?

15 seconds to pull out the Beetle? No way. More like 5 seconds. In either case, it's best to run into the cutscene rather than try to avoid it...or better - just don't pick up treasure, because it isn't even required. :)

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Bug hunting with the Wolf

Just...

Just screw that man...

Oh

and this one's obvious but whatever

*Ahem*

Temple of the Ocean King

Salem

SICK
Nintendo really likes telling us stuff. Fi.
Yeah, just look at Animal Crossing.

Fi's real problem is that she interrupts the flow of the game -- same with the treasure notifications. Most of the things she has to say are simply her take on the situation at hand, much like Otacon in MGS4. The difference between the two is that MGS4 has voice acting, allowing Otacon to say things without disrupting the gameplay, one of many ways Skyward Sword could have benefited from voice acting.

Well I LOVE Fi, she's probably my favorite Zelda character period, close between her and Midna. As an aside, I also really like ST Zelda. But Fi telling me everything no matter what is very irritating. At least navi asks me to listen first... I totally agree, too, I wish Skyward Sword had voice acting so badly.
Exactly my thoughts on how voice acting could benefit the game, the recent Kid Icarus game and Star Fox 64 are good examples of this by Nintendo, meaning that they are capable of this.:)

these are nice moments between us. We both like Skyward Sword and defend it but also criticize it. If only we could have more moments like these.
:reggie: Reggie approves.

There are actually plenty of moments I don't look forward to. I haven't played all of the Zelda games--far form it--but here's my take on it:

Ocarina of Time: Dodongo's Cavern. Call me crazy, but I just... I can't. I don't. What. The boss is easy and done pretty soon, but I have a tendency to take FOREVER in Dodongo's Cavern. I just... I can't. I don't even with this. I like to get very, very lost. And, y'know. WATER TEMPLE. Also, most of the intro I hate.

Majora's Mask: The Gerudo Fortress. It's just, what? I don't ever bother to snag the Stone Mask because I'm lazy, so really, it's kidna tricky. Sneaking around in 3D is NOT my strong suit. I can do it on the handhelds just fine, but... yeah.

And the Great Bay Temple. I get lost. I get freaking lost and do everything wrong. And yeah. Also, Gyorg I mean wtf, I do not have the grace an accuracy of a gazelle, go away you giant fish. I just get lost a lot in the Great Bay. A lot. It's all I ever really do.

Twilight Princess: The first fight with King Bublin, where he captures Colin. I can't do that battle. I die a lot. I always dread having to go to that fight--it was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread. I hate it. I HATE IT. Really, both of the initial fights with King Bublin I despise, but I love his character shift at the end, and the Arbiter's Grounds and Hyrule Castle fights aren't too bad.

Oh, speaking of Hyrule Castle, the Darknut fights in that place. I just.... WHAT. NO. NOT FAIR, GAME. I can't say I'm too fond of Hyrule Castle in general.

Phantom Hourglass: Everything, really. It's all just too easy--the only parts up to my standards for Zelda are the final boss battles, the last temple, and the last two runs of the Temple of the Ocean King. I found those to be legitly fun. The rest of it... bleh. The dialogue with the spirits is crappy, the cannon is annoying, the temples are ridiculously easy for me.

Spirit Tracks: Whoa, I actually don't like some parts of this game? Yes. Shush. There are segments I despise. The Tower of Spirits level just after the Ocean Temple, for one. Any fight with those giant squid things underwater. ANYTHING involving Linebeck III, that miniquest was unbearable for me! And the buildup to the Sand Temple. It was all just, no. I died. A lot. Still do. I have a lot of fun in ST--it surpasses PH by far for me--but I can't stand these segments.

Salem

SICK
Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe this is how it's done in TWW. I honestly don't remember even though I play it so much.
Yeah, for WW it only happens the first time you get the spoil, unless you get it from a treasure chest.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Lately I've been playing Skyward Sword and I really dread the part where Fi comes out and starts talking. She has so many redundant phrases in her dialogue, sometimes I wish there was a giant I/O tower like in Tron and I could just shut her of--derezz her forever.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
OoT- Gerudo training ground. I always worry about how many keys I have and i never can figure out which way is the shortcut. In my most recent playthrough of MQ i totally skipped it
TP- Lakebed Temple and City in the Sky. Both bother me and annoy me
SS- the majority of the game. Very discouraging to play. Specifically the silent realms, Lanayru desert, returning to Skyview, bringing the water to the front of the fire temple w scrapper
PH- Temple of the stupid Ocean King
ST- any section of the Tower of Spirits that takes place in the dark. I DESPISE those sections. I think it's either the last or second to last section before the top that always takes me forever
OoA- though I've only played through once, Jabu-Jabu's belly. Gave me a headache.
LoZ- Lvl 9 death mountain. Such a big dungeon with so many hidden secrets
AoL- I'm currently on Death Mountain. OH MY GOD WHY IS IT SO HARD. Ganon has returned so. many. times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom