• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Order Did You Play/beat the Zelda Games In?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I can check the specific dates later.

2005:
Played Wind Waker. Didn't like it, so I quit after an hour.

2006-2007:
Played and beat Twilight Princess. Massive hype there.

2008:
Beat Ocarina of Time.

2009-2010:
Ignored Zelda, and focused more on Xbox 360 games.
I did replay TP/OOT but was closed-minded toward the others.

2011:
Tried some of the 2D games but put them off.
Beat Skyward Sword. This re-sparked my interest in the series.

2012:
Beat Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, and Majora's Mask.

2013:
Here, I started to have the goal of completing them all eventually. I was half-way there.
Beat The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, A Link Between Worlds

2014:
Here is where I started taking my goal of completing each game very seriously.
Played partially through Adventure of Link and Four Sword Adventures.
Beat Zelda 1, Four Swords, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.
I also beat Ocarina of Time 3D and The Wind Waker HD.
I played almost nothing but Zelda games this past year.

Overall:
I kind of wish I played them all in a more balanced way rather than ignoring them and then playing catch-up. Wish I had spread them out during those previous years, but for me, it took years for me to get used to expanding my tastes.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't have any dates but I "kind of" remember the order.

Wind Waker

Twilight Princess

Skyward Sword (when I finally REALLY got into the series)

A Link to the Past

Oracle of Ages

Link's Awakening

Oracle of Seasons

Ocarina of Time

Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda

Phantom Hourglass

Spirit Tracks

Minish Cap

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
this thread was made for me,wasn't it

wind waker: 2002 or 3
my brother gave me his gamecube games when he got a ps2,this on being one of them
dont remember when i beat it but it did take me a while

four sword adventures: 2005 probably
i remember getting this during 3rd grade at sears,what put me off was that you coudn't save until after you beat the level,so....i sorta gave it to my friend [made it as far as level...2]
i still haven't played again til this day

twilight princess: 2007
saw this at sears during 5th grade,all i knew was that it was a zelda game i haven't heard of before and it had an adult link
it took me some months to beat it since i was in 6th grade when i fought ganon,absolutely loved the game

the disappointment of time: 2009
i got the wii during summer of 2008,so i first got this on the wii's virtual console [also the first vc game i downloaded]
it was....a'ight,to say the...most

zelda collectors disc: early 2011
9th grade,when i learned of this disc's existence,it was all i thought about for a while [selling point was majoras mask on gamecube]
loz - wow,can we not cryptic?
mm - beat it in about a month span,it then got me into a zelda craze which actually caused me to join these forums in the first place
zelda 2 - still has its fair share of problems,but i did like more than the original,took me a few months to beat

link's awakening: 2011
got it shortly following the completion of zelda 2,took me a bi to beat but damn was this a good game

skyward sword: 2011 -week after its release date-
i literally pre-ordered this a day before it came out [also the first and so far only game i pre ordered],aside from some obvious padding i really enjoyed the game,though it still held some disappointment,beat it within a month or two

minish cap: 2012
borrowed it from a friend and i was surprised by how good the game is,i eventually bought my own copy a year later

link to the past: summer 2012
i was kinda disappointed by it [i felt it paled in comparison to minish cap,i had both on gba],but eventually i did grow to like it more,it took me a little bit to beat

four swords: 2013-2014
12th grade,apparently my friend has his own copy of lttp and a gba,and i happened to have a link cable
rage ensued,didn't beat it until the end of that grade

link b/w worlds: 2013 -month after release date-
i remember coming to zelda dungeon and seeing a news article about a gold zelda 3ds XL along w/ link b/w worlds
as someone who's been dying to have a 3ds since 9th grade,you can only imagine how i felt
a bit into december,i got it,my first ds type handheld along w/ the latest zelda game [paid for it myself too]

oracle of seasons/ages: 2015
just a little bit ago,i got oracle of seasons on the 3ds eshop,im gonna dive right on it after i beat a couple other games im playing
i also add ages b/c i doubt im gonna through this whole year w/o buying it at some point

all thats left is the DS games [and zelda wii u of course]

Last edited:

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Let's see...

I got my first Zelda game in 2003, which was the

Ocarina of Time/Master Quest

for the Gamecube that you got when you ordered

Wind Waker

I could never beat the second dungeon in OoT, so the first Zelda game I beat was WW.

I guess a few years later I got

Four Sword Adventure

And got stuck on the last dungeon, so I've never finished it. So I ended up going back to OoT and beat it.

Then bought

Minish Cap

and

Twilight Princess

when it came out, and beat those. (TP I found surprisingly easy, rarely looking for help online.)

Next was

Phantom Hourglass

And like FSA, got stuck on the last dungeon and never completed it.

Then

Spirit Tracks

Not sure if I beat that one...I know I got pretty far but it wasn't my favorite Zelda game and I got bored with it quickly after getting it, so I don't know.

And soon after that, got

Skyward Sword

for Christmas just after it came out (or was it my birthday...?) and I'm currently working on the second dungeon. (Because at that point in my life I had other stuff going on and didn't have as much time for gaming.)

Then borrowed a copy of

Majora's Mask

For N64 from a friend last year and beat it after 6 hard, long months.

Soon after, picked up my own copy on the Collector's Edition on the Gamecube and play

The Original Legend of Zelda

and

Zelda 2

on and off.

And that's my epic journey with Zelda games!

Last edited:

Oracle of Truth

Perplexed
Now this is an interesting topic.
Link's Awakening: My first Zelda, though I watched my brother play A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time prior to getting the game.

Ocarina of Time: Used my brother's cartridge and played it myself

Majora's Mask: My favorite Zelda. Played most of it to completion without knowing about the Inverse Song of Time, so it was a challenge.

Oracle of Ages and Seasons: Bought Ages, then lent it to a friend in exchange for Seasons. Never got it back :/

Wind Waker: Still looks beautiful after all these years.

A Link to the Past: After almost a decade of watching my brother beat it, I finally got around to playing this classic myself. I then played the Zelda titles that started it all.
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link

Minish Cap

Twilight Princess: OoT 2.0

Phantom Hourglass: A solid handheld experience, though with some odd controls.

Spirit Tracks (?): I'm still on the last level, but have beaten the majority of the story.

Skyward Sword: Simply put, I enjoyed the motion controls and dungeon design, but not the linearity and pacing.

A Link Between Worlds

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT > MM > LA > OOS > OOA > TMC > LOZ > TWW > ALTTP > FS > TP > PH > ST > AOL > SS > ALBW > HW

It was a good 16 years with the series. Here's to more.

Pen

The game is on!
The order I played them in:
Ocarine of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
A Link to the Past
Link’s Awakening
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
The Minish Cap
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventures
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds

The order I beat them in:
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker
Ocarine of Time
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Link's Awakening
The Minish Cap
Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Four Swords
Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda
Oracle of Ages
Four Swords Adventures
A Link to the Past
A Link Between Worlds

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I actually went through my blog, diary, and various other sources to find some of the dates, haha, but there was nothing specific for most of them.

Order Played:
The Wind Waker (2005-2006)
Phantom Hourglass (2007-2008)
Twilight Princess (November 9th, 2008)
Ocarina of Time (Novemer 9th, 2008)
Majora's Mask (Late October 2009)
Spirit Tracks (December 8th, 2009)
A Link to the Past (February 13th, 2010)
Link's Awakening (Used an emulator; I was a stupid child. April 11th, 2010. Got the real game on 3DS in July 2011)
Oracle of Ages (Again -- emulator. April 26th, 2010. Got the real game mid-2011.)
Four Swords Adventures (April 26th, 2010)
The Minish Cap (September 16th, 2010)
The Legend of Zelda (February 21st, 2011. That's right, on its birthday. ;) )
The Adventure of Link (April 9th, 2011)
Skyward Sword (November 20th, 2011)
Oracle of Seasons (February 2012)
A Link Between Worlds (November 22nd, 2013)

Beaten:
The Wind Waker (Gave up on it for a year after getting it, and then returned 2006-2007 when I learned the magic of walkthroughs and completed it.)
Phantom Hourglass (Bought around 2007-2008, completed around the same time.)
Twilight Princess (October 2009, though I always liked to say it was sooner since my sister beat it before the and I took partial credit. :P)
Ocarina of Time (October 2009)
Spirit Tracks (December 2009)
Majora's Mask (January 2010)
A Link to the Past (March 2010)
Four Swords Adventures (May 2010)
The Minish Cap (January 30th, 2011)
The Legend of Zelda (August/September 2011)
Skyward Sword (December 1st, 2011)
Link's Awakening (Early 2012)
The Adventure of Link (March 2013)
A Link Between Worlds (Before November 30th, 2013)
Oracle of Seasons (March 2014)

Still haven't finished Oracle of Ages. :P And I also have no idea where Four Swords fits in here, so I'm just ignoring that.

*Got GameCube as first console, came with Ocarina of Time, it was my first real game and I had no idea what I was doing (I was 7)
*Watched one of my Elementary School friends play Wind Waker, made my own file, his mom did most of the progress for him lol
*Too scared to go past the Moblins in Ocarina of Time, I made many files but always stopped at that part (I wish I still had that kind of time...)
*One of my friends encouraged me to get past the Moblins, and kept watching me play until I beat Ocarina of Time (1/17)
*I seem to recall this friend owning Four Swords Adventures and me briefly playing it with him
*Heard of a new Zelda, Minish Cap (2/17), beat it much faster than OoT because no spooky scary Moblins :)
*Got my own copy of Wind Waker but got stuck on Triforce collection
*Got GBA version of A Link to the Past, kept dying in Hyrule Field, and forgot about it
*Extremely jealous of a friend who got the new Twilight Princess for GameCube, I was waiting to get a Wii so I just had to watch him play
*Finally got a Wii and beat Twilight Princess (3/17)
*Got The Legend of Zelda through Virtual Console, wandered around a bit, beat the first dungeon, and forgot about it
*Very disappointed by the new Phantom Hourglass (4/17), although I came to appreciate it more in later playthroughs
*Friend gave me his old Oracle of Ages (5/17) for birthday, loved that game so much, got me more interested in older games
*Finally got back to Wind Waker (6/17), got the Triforce Shards, and beat it
*Oracle of Ages sparked my interest in old and hard games, got me to go back to A Link to the Past (7/17) and beat it this time
*The sequel to my first Zelda game, Majora's Mask (8/17), finally came to Virtual Console and I loved it
*Didn't expect much from the new Spirit Tracks (9/17) but it turned out REALLY good and much better than Phantom Hourglass
*After getting much more interested and familiar with NES games, I went back to The Legend of Zelda (10/17) and finally conquered it
*Already had nostalgia for Oracle of Ages so I got the game it was based on and wasn't disappointed, Link's Awakening (11/17)
*Got a bunch of friends to dig up their old game boys to play and beat 3-player Four Swords Adventures (12/17)
*Got the same friends to play 3-player Four Swords (13/17) since it came out for free on 3DS
*Beat the new Skyward Sword (14/17), loved the motion controls and other great ideas but it ended up being too easy, long, and tedious
*Never had the patience for Adventure of Link (15/17) until it came out for 3DS Virtual Console because now I had plenty of time on the school bus to deal with those many many deaths and retries
*Tired of waiting for Oracle of Seasons (16/17) for VC so I got an original GBC copy (turns out I could've just waited one more year...)
*Beat the new A Link Between Worlds (17/17), I love the new dungeon and item systems, makes me optimistic for future evolutions of Zelda

2014 was my first full year with no Zelda and 2013 wasn't much better since it was just one Zelda towards the end of the year, I am obviously suffering from withdrawal and cannot wait for Majora's Mask 3D and Zelda U this year x.x

Last edited:
Played, but did not beat the original Legend of Zelda and the Adventures of Link when I was very young. Then I played and did beat A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time shortly after their respective release dates. I then played Link's Awakening, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks, but I haven't beaten any of those, though I did get to the final boss in Spirit Tracks.

stiles

bye felicia
Chronological play order:

Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Majora's Mask
A Link to the Past
Spirit Tracks
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Ages
A Link between Worlds

Beaten games:

Ocarina of Time
A Link Between Worlds

lol, obviously there is some disparity between my lists. I'm working on this as we speak.. I downloaded Oracle of Ages off the virtual console and I'm gonna work on that while I wait for Majora's Mask. If I end up finishing it quickly enough I'll then focus my efforts on getting my hands on Spirit Tracks. All the games seem interesting and fun to me when I tried them. As you can see I'm pretty new to the series, but I want that too change ASAP as I delve deeper into this fandom haha.

Hmm, this should be an interesting mental exercise… it's been a while.

Ocarina of Time was first, it introduced me to the series.
Link's Awakening came after. My mom was so pleased with OoT's focus on thought, she bought me a GameBoy Color/Link's Awakening DX bundle just so I could Zelda more (wasn't my birthday or christmas or anything).
Majora's Mask, sitting under the Christmas Tree!
Oracle of Seasons
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda
Link to the Past
Adventure of Link
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Link Between Worlds
Hyrule Warriors

Currently, Oracle of Ages is waiting to be finished, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it because it's not very interesting. Good dungeons and bosses, but the in between stuff is just terrible.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I don't like to game hop too much. Once I start a game, I'll usually play it through so my play order and order beaten is roughly the same.

This is what my brain came up with as the order I played them in:
OoT > TWW (GCN) > OoT MQ > MM > LoZ > ALttP > TP (GCN) > OoX (OoA-->OoS) > PH > LA > FSA > TMC > TP (Wii) > AoL > SS

I am yet to complete ST, though I've had it since its release, I don't have a 3DS so ALBW has not been played yet and I've never had the opportunity to play FS.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Not all the dates will be exact of course.

~1994-5: Played my first Zelda game with my mom. It was probably the original. There was also a side scrolling adventure game we played together, it might have been Zelda II, but I can't remember.

1996-1998: Played OoT for the first time. The first game I started playing on my own. First game I beat on my own.

2000: Played Majora's Mask but did not beat it.

2001: Played and beat both OoA and OoS.

2002-2003: Played and beat WW.

Sometime between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess I replayed Majora's Mask to 100% completion.

2006: Played and beat Twilight Princess. Around this time my friends and I gathered up enough GBA/GC hookups to play 4 player FSA, which we beat together.

Sometime between Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword I played ALttP and Phantom Hourglass, but neither held my interest long enough to complete.

2011-2012: Played and beat Skyward Sword.

2014: Played a little A Link Between Worlds but did not beat.

Playing Zelda on a handheld just isn't my cup of tea. I don't really care for the top-down ones (I wouldn't have been interested in FSA without the 4 player aspect of it). But I love to delve into the 3D world of Zelda, so I'm very excited for the WiiU release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom