• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What made you sad today?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Kabuso the Doge died :(
kabuso-doge-dies_202405744332.jpeg

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
I have this Bonsai tree which I got in the fall, and I've been doing just an awful job of taking care of it. Between getting spider mites twice and me severely under-watering it it's in bad shape. I pruned it today to get rid of all the dead branches, most of which fell off with just a touch, and it's so small now. It's a lot smaller than it was when I got it. I just feel so guilty. I've been underwatering it, I know I have, every time I see it I berate myself for not watering it when I'm supposed to. I got it as a gift that was pretty expensive and I'm just letting it die and I feel awful.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I have this Bonsai tree which I got in the fall, and I've been doing just an awful job of taking care of it. Between getting spider mites twice and me severely under-watering it it's in bad shape. I pruned it today to get rid of all the dead branches, most of which fell off with just a touch, and it's so small now. It's a lot smaller than it was when I got it. I just feel so guilty. I've been underwatering it, I know I have, every time I see it I berate myself for not watering it when I'm supposed to. I got it as a gift that was pretty expensive and I'm just letting it die and I feel awful.
is it not too late to save it? If not, you don't have to go back in time or anything. You just have to do it today

Uwu_Oocoo2

Forum Volunteer
is it not too late to save it? If not, you don't have to go back in time or anything. You just have to do it today
It's still got a few good branches left, I'm hoping with all the dead ones out of the way they'll have more room to grow and heal. No way of knowing for sure yet tho. I definately want to do better when it comes to watering in the future, I set up an alarm for it.

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
It's still got a few good branches left, I'm hoping with all the dead ones out of the way they'll have more room to grow and heal. No way of knowing for sure yet tho. I definately want to do better when it comes to watering in the future, I set up an alarm for it.
how often do bonsais need to be watered? At least with summer coming it'll probably be easier to just be around to have a moment to water it

Daku Rinku

Disciple of Din
My nephew just got a Bonsai tree for his birthday. I wish I could say I would take better care of a humble tree, in truth the writer’s muse makes me neglect things when I am in my own world and I suspect the same fate would come of a tree such as this if it was in my care.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Forum Volunteer
how often do bonsais need to be watered? At least with summer coming it'll probably be easier to just be around to have a moment to water it
Apparently it should be watered every 3 days, but with it being summer I'm gonna try a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule.

The problem I've had with the watering is it isn't part of any of my routines. I need to carry it to the bathroom to water it, and it takes several minutes. I tried doing it as part of my morning routine, but that's a lot when I've just woken up. Then I moved it to my night routine, but that's at 1am which wasn't working either. So I decided to just do it whenever... in which case it never gets done. I don't forget, I just can't bring myself to do it. And every time I see it it's like "We need to water that. Just water it. You were supposed to water it yesterday. It's so easy just do it. You're a terrible plant owner. Maybe a terrible person idk. WATER THE TREE". So um. It's been stressing me out a lil bit :sweat:
Tldr, I'm setting up a whole new afternoon routine just to get this thing watered.

Daku Rinku

Disciple of Din
A scene from Twilight Princess when Midna leaves and Link sees her and Navi leaving, made me sad.. “everyone I know.. goes away in the end.” (Hurt, Johnny Cash). I have experienced this.. my two close nephews and I grew apart.. I tried so hard to stay close, made sure to adjust to who they are now and their interests not who I watched grow up. In the end the chasm formed.. though this birthday of my nephew I was invited to attend, and he was glad to see me and acted like I was still his funcle. But.. the day to day is severance.. same with my brother who I was close to and married someone who has ghosted both sides of the family, including her parents and my brother follows her.. so I lost a brother and two nephews.. and so I hesitate to believe if I build a family oneday that it will last.. because “everyone I know goes away in the end..” I feel like young Greg Laurie in Jesus Revolution movie, who has the same fear of abandonment. I want to believe I can get a happy ending like him.. but the pessimism in me has grown into a tree, and I am more inclined to believe, “nothing lasts..” (Meet Joe Black).

Mikey the Moblin

ZD Champion
Apparently it should be watered every 3 days, but with it being summer I'm gonna try a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule.

The problem I've had with the watering is it isn't part of any of my routines. I need to carry it to the bathroom to water it, and it takes several minutes. I tried doing it as part of my morning routine, but that's a lot when I've just woken up. Then I moved it to my night routine, but that's at 1am which wasn't working either. So I decided to just do it whenever... in which case it never gets done. I don't forget, I just can't bring myself to do it. And every time I see it it's like "We need to water that. Just water it. You were supposed to water it yesterday. It's so easy just do it. You're a terrible plant owner. Maybe a terrible person idk. WATER THE TREE". So um. It's been stressing me out a lil bit :sweat:
Tldr, I'm setting up a whole new afternoon routine just to get this thing watered.
just get on ZD every day and I'll ask you kindly to water the bonsai c:

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
My cousin in Mexico passed away today a bit before 6 PM. He was bitten by a tick and I dont know how long after, but he was taken to the hospital and his blood platelets levels were dangerously low. Not too long after that, his organs failed, and he passed soon. I dont know all the details but this is what I was told. He was in his late 20's.

He came over to visit us about 5 or 6 years ago. There was always that language barrier, so I didnt really get to know him. He seemed like a good guy. Anyway, death just makes me really sad and has me think of mine and if I am ready. The thing is, I am not. I should try better to be ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom