• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Friendships Do You Have?

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Most of all my friends have something to do with music. I have 5 friends in chorus, 8 friends in band, & 3 of them in an actual band. Any other friends I have are because I sat by them or had gym with them. I only have a few friends that are outside of school. I think have more guy friends that girl friends, but I have closer girl friends than guy friends. I've known most of my closest, most reliable & trustworthy friends since middle school, which are only but 3 or 4 of them.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've known my best friend since we were both 13, so over half my life. The background for our friendship is rather special - because we both went to different primary schools, and we were both bullied in those schools, then when it was time to move on to secondary school we happened to end up in the same class - now this was not the reason we ended up befriending each other. The thing was, that having three different primary schools merge into one secondary school, they also had three former major bullying victims - so the other kids made a choice on which of us they were going to continue to pick on (I've only learned the full details on this recently). I was it - and the other kids gave the two other girls a warning to stay away from me if they wanted to be left alone. One if the girls decided to follow (she was the one who actually ended up telling me this, when I ran into her a little over a year ago in my old home town), the other girl (my now best friend) decided to do the complete opposite. She put herself in the crossfire and befriended me - and she's been my best friend ever since.

Our friendship is very sibling-like. We love each other dearly, have a fierce protective side when it comes to each other, but we also have the ability to really drive one another up the wall - and we both are very aware about that fact, often tend to point it out to each other. Interest-wise we are at about 50-50, there are plenty of things we share, but also plenty of things we don't. I know that I trust her with my life.

When it comes to friendships for me, most of them tend to either be rooted in history (as in people I befriended while in school etc. that I stayed in touch with regularly even after moving) or interests (mostly nerdy interests). I tend to only really consider people a friend if I feel I can trust them with pretty much anything (coming from a background of bullying it's important for me to suss out early on how trustworthy the people I meet are - whether they accept and like me for who I am) - if not, then they are an aquaintance that I sometime spend time with (I don't mind spending the occasional time with people who are fun, but if I don't feel I can really trust them, then I will never consider them as an actual friend).

Excuse the brevity of this post, but I believe the answer is none. I mean, hey, there's no need to type a lengthy post on what type of friendships you have when you have none, right?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Well I met my best friend in preschool at the age of 4. He's 9 months my junior, but we act exactly the same, although hes more hipster-ish. Sort of a substitute-sibling relation with him. We can easily predict the others movements.

With another close friend, I met him when I was in 8th grade, and he's almost exactly 1 year my senior. Calm, and really keeps me sane. I, along with some others, actually prevented him attempting suicide.

Most of the rest of my friends are glorified acquaintances. Except for lamp, although he drives me bat**** crazy a lot.

octorok74

TETTAC
I have very very few friends if any any more. But the ones I do still have I trust. And that is what the friendship is built on is trust. We want to know we can trust the other person. Very helpful in the long and short term.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Honest Friendships...

I am not interested in any other kind of friendship. To me, any other kind of friendship doesn't even exist. If I cannot trust my friends then what sort of friends are they to me?

Kazumi

chagy
I have quite a few close friends. They are mostly all interested in the same things that I am with a few exceptions. That means that we spend most of our time playing PC games together from the comfort of our own homes. When we do hang out we generally just chill and listen to music, since we all have similar tastes. We also like to watch things like Top Gear and occasionally play a game like Gran Turismo, FIFA, or Super Smash Bros. In the summer we like to get together and go swimming, play soccer, and just generally chill outside.

I would say that the defining feature of our friendship is that we're all total *******s. We spend a good majority of our discussion time insulting each other. We have a countless list of inside jokes and things that makes it very difficult for an "outsider" to listen to a conversation that we're having and understand it.

Outside of that group of friends I do hang out with other people from time to time. We generally aren't as interested in the same things, so it doesn't happen that often. However, I'd say that I'm a fairly sociable person that gets along well with most everyone I talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom