• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Is Your Record for the Cucco Ranch Mini-Game?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Wow I don't even understand why they put that achievement in the game thats nearly impossible. My record is only like 74 seconds I don't understand

Wow I don't even understand why they put that achievement in the game thats nearly impossible. My record is only like 74 seconds I don't understand

Aonuma probably decided to troll the 100%ers out there.

Admittedly, I'll never have the sense of accomplishment out of this game, unlike all the other Zelda games. That's because I have better things to do than mess around with the cucco game for weeks.

I... Oh my... I can't even...

TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS.

Do you have any tips for lowly 147-second losers like me?
Lol, I'd figured people would be amazed. There is a secret technique to it. I might show a video guide on how to do it over the holidays if I have the spare time :) cept for now I'm focused on a lot of other things.

Wow........

Well done man. You blow my record out of the water. XD

Now, the question we all want to ask...... Does the Large Cucco really exist?
Yes it does exist, here's a photo:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/912x684q90/202/5n3t.jpg
It doesn't do much other than what's in the Prima description (heals you 1 heart every time you talk to it). But its at least proof that showing that you've accomplished the insanity plus its cool in my opinion :):cucco:

Lol, I'd figured people would be amazed. There is a secret technique to it. I might show a video guide on how to do it over the holidays if I have the spare time :) cept for now I'm focused on a lot of other things.

Yes it does exist, here's a photo:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/912x684q90/202/5n3t.jpg
It doesn't do much other than what's in the Prima description (heals you 1 heart every time you talk to it). But its at least proof that showing that you've accomplished the insanity plus its cool in my opinion :):cucco:

A secret technique? Like what, stay in the middle, in the corners, pressing start all the time? Or is it so complex you need to show it in a video. :P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If I recall I this is a lot like the Cow from Ocarina of Time: where you have to get under 50 seconds in the race with Epona. However, this wasn't popularly conceived to be necessary for 100% completion.

So I'd say the same here. I think it's going to be near impossible for most players to achieve this accolade and, while I am actually going to attempt it when I complete A Link Between Worlds, I don't really count it towards me 100%ing the game.

A secret technique? Like what, stay in the middle, in the corners, pressing start all the time? Or is it so complex you need to show it in a video. :P

It's easily describable, but for now its a "secret technique" so I'm not ready to reveal it just yet. But like I said previously I'll pobly upload a video showing how to do it.

Salem

SICK
It's easily describable, but for now its a "secret technique" so I'm not ready to reveal it just yet. But like I said previously I'll pobly upload a video showing how to do it.
Now you're just giving me flashbacks to an old infamous story about some girl or guy who claimed to have found the triforce in OoT.

Not saying you're lying or anything, I saw the picture.

Did you post this in another place? Because there is a guy who posted that he won the minigame as well and he posted the same exact pictures that you did as proof...

http://touriantourist.blogspot.com/...howComment=1386118625087#c3724357259226836101

Also, could you please just tell us what this "secret technique" of yours is, just so we can try it out? I just do not want you to disappear on us and never reveal a possible exploit or glitch (I'm really hoping this is the case, cause I do not want to have to do this crap everytime I want to replay this game) that would make this much easier. It would be easier than posting a video of how to do it, but of course it would be nice to see a visual on how this technique of yours is done as well. I just want to know really badly because this is going to drive me to the looney bin because I have to complete 100% in every game I play and I fear this "secret technique" of yours might be something along the lines of "The secret to winning the 999.99 seconds is patience and practice lol."

If you really did find some amazing way that gives people a much better chance to get that stupid fat ugly chicken, I will praise you to the heavens.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
If I recall I this is a lot like the Cow from Ocarina of Time: where you have to get under 50 seconds in the race with Epona. However, this wasn't popularly conceived to be necessary for 100% completion.

So I'd say the same here. I think it's going to be near impossible for most players to achieve this accolade and, while I am actually going to attempt it when I complete A Link Between Worlds, I don't really count it towards me 100%ing the game.
Wh-what? How is this even slightly comparable to the cow thing? I didn't think that was too difficult... I mean, at least, I managed to get it without much work. And I've always considered that part of 100%; why wouldn't it be?

Did you post this in another place? Because there is a guy who posted that he won the minigame as well and he posted the same exact pictures that you did as proof...

http://touriantourist.blogspot.com/...howComment=1386118625087#c3724357259226836101

Also, could you please just tell us what this "secret technique" of yours is, just so we can try it out? I just do not want you to disappear on us and never reveal a possible exploit or glitch (I'm really hoping this is the case, cause I do not want to have to do this crap everytime I want to replay this game) that would make this much easier. It would be easier than posting a video of how to do it, but of course it would be nice to see a visual on how this technique of yours is done as well. I just want to know really badly because this is going to drive me to the looney bin because I have to complete 100% in every game I play and I fear this "secret technique" of yours might be something along the lines of "The secret to winning the 999.99 seconds is patience and practice lol."

If you really did find some amazing way that gives people a much better chance to get that stupid fat ugly chicken, I will praise you to the heavens.
Hahahahaha! Okay. This combined with the "secret technique" thing makes me fairly certain this person did not actually beat this. XD But hey, if they want to prove me wrong, I'll be perfectly fine with that.

Well I thought that at first too, but if you look at the time that blog poster posted those pictures, it is roughly 5 hours AFTER the guy in this topic posted about winning the 999.99 seconds and getting the Giant Cucco with the same pictures.

Too bad there is no cheat device to get invincibility on the Cucco game. I also do not know if any of you guys knew this, but no one even on the development team or Club Mario managed to win the 999.99 seconds. So yeah, even the devs who put this asinine challenge in the game couldn't win at their own goal in their own game...

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well I thought that at first too, but if you look at the time that blog poster posted those pictures, it is roughly 5 hours AFTER the guy in this topic posted about winning the 999.99 seconds and getting the Giant Cucco with the same pictures.

Too bad there is no cheat device to get invincibility on the Cucco game. I also do not know if any of you guys knew this, but no one even on the development team or Club Mario managed to win the 999.99 seconds. So yeah, even the devs who put this asinine challenge in the game couldn't win at their own goal in their own game...
XD That's brilliant. It makes me wonder then who the magical hero who actually managed to beat this was. HolyZelda, if it was you, we'd appreciate more info! (My sister seems to think there's some kind of trick in the music, or something. Or in the speed you walk. She was playing it earlier and ranting about that... Honestly had no idea what she was talking about.)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wh-what? How is this even slightly comparable to the cow thing? I didn't think that was too difficult... I mean, at least, I managed to get it without much work. And I've always considered that part of 100%; why wouldn't it be?
Some didn't really consider it part of the main set of rewards. I guess it's like the argument that to truly 100% game you have to literally do everything: explore every square foot, open every treasure chest, engage in every line of speech etc. etc.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice

I quit after getting the heart piece

<,<

>,>

Same here. I struggled enough just to get the heart piece. No point pushing things further. I know my limitations and probably couldn't get 999 seconds if my life depended on it.

I'm sad reading this. It's another Zelda game I won't be 100%ing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom