• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Reaction to People Losing Thier Tempers?

I'm curious when a person loses their temper around you how do you react to it? Does it freak you out or does it not bother you at all?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I get a little timid, but then I either scold them for losing their temper or just leave the room. Even with my dad, if he loses his temper (especially over something silly like stubbing his toe) I'll tell him to calm down for being angry at such a stupid thing. It varies on what they do with their temper though, like if my dad threw a chair then I'd probably leave the room.

Big Octo

=^)
I usually try to calm people down when they lose their temper. However, if it's very severe, I try to keep my distance or leave, as I don't want to look for anymore trouble. In either case, it's difficult for me to ignore it.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't know because I'm usually the one losing my temper... :I

Seriously though, I either try to calm them down or just say nothing.

Despite the fact that I'm practically a mute in real life, I am actually pretty good at getting my brother to calm down when he has one of his episodes. As implied, I do so by talking to him—usually emotional support (*kills self for that*). Generally speaking, I am capable of remaining quite calm and collected when a person blows their top. Though, if it gets to the point where they've gone completely primal (hurling furniture and crap), I'll just casually exit the scene until they've calmed down.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I usually just say "shut up" if it's any one of my siblings. If it's my dad, I try to leave the room because he's literally a wild beast (said so himself). :/

ILU

i luv u
I get really scared. I don't know why. I get a really anxious feeling and get sick to my stomach and very shaky. Same things happen when people raise their voice, even if they're not angry (maybe just excited or something) because I worry that they are angry.

I was taught to just leave the situation, but one time I did that and the person scolded me and said it was rude to do that. So now I don't know what to do and usually just stand still and quiet. Kinda like playing dead? ^_^;

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Usually something like
3smVE.jpg

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I used to react really negatively, but nowadays I can brush things like that off really easily. Usually depending on who it is and what the circumstances surrounding the issue are I will either ignore the person or try to help them through it or try to calm em down. Other times I will just tell them to take a ca-chill-pill. It all depends, but usually I will try to understand what their issue is.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I typically react to such an outburst with an expression of fear. I really don't like when people lose their tempers, even when it's me who lost it. I always feel very guilty afterwards, as if I'm to blame, in which some cases I may be. It's never fun to see someone lose their temper, so sometimes it's nice to keep things a little more light-hearted. :)

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'll be really scared, but I'll try to be calm. When people lose their temper, I'll always feel really scared and sad as the beat of my heart moves anxiously. That's how to describe my fear of people losing their temper. The negativity bothers me a lot.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I react to it the same way people usually react to me losing my temper. Just let them get it out, make and *** of themselves then when its all over, laugh about it with them. LOL

People do it with me here all the time, either that or quote u, further exposing your out burst, in which case i try not to reply by starting a quote war. Especially in an environment like ZD where most of the discussions are about something people hold dear to their heart, outburst are to be expected, but a good community, can pull together helping both sides see the other. ZD is 50/50 when it comes to people like that, but over all id say things have went well here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom