• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What is Your Least Favorite Dungeon?

what is your least favorite dungeon?

• eastern palace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • house of gales

• tower of hera

• hyrule castle

• thieves hideout

• swamp palace

• desert palace

• palace of darkness

• skull woods

• turtle rock

• ice palace

• lorule castle

• Total voters

zenda

master of the sword
don't see any polls like this so why not? mine is skull woods

I think mine is the Ice Palace

It was confusing enough to try to get there, and then once I'm there, I had no idea where to go next, not to mention constantly falling to another floor when slipping on ice and having to backtrack to get back.

I just really didn't enjoy it as much as any of the others

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think I'll say Turtle Rock. It was an interesting place, but I didn't have very much fun playing through it. I felt frustrated trying to figure out how to progress. It took me a while to figure out that I needed to defeat certain enemies to make platforms appear, and I kept running out of stamina and falling into the lava. Using the Ice Rod to create paths and move seesaws was neat, but that was about the only thing I liked about the dungeon. It wasn't particularly hard, but it was rather annoying for me to get through.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I said Turtle Rock, but NOTE, that does not mean I disliked it, cause honestly I had to think hard of what to vote for, cause I liked all of them :P I just felt like they all had such a good little gimick, even if half of them were taken from A Link to the Past, still, having the girl follow you in Theives' Town, falling down from different places in Skull Woods, or the original ones like the whole outside essence of Ice Ruins, Turtle Rock just seemed the least exciting to me... But I did like it! It was still good

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm gonna have to deviate from a lot of peoples' opinions and say my least favorite was definitely Palace of Darkness. Ik. HEAR ME OUT

1. i HATE HATE HATE areas where I need to accomplish something, but vision is limited by darkness. It baffles and disorients me because I always feel the need to fully scope out every area. HOW CAN I DO THAT WHEN I CAN'T SEE

2. The big chest contains master ore and the big chest is in a small barely noticeable room with a complicated process of switch hitting and timing which I had to look up online. Somewhat complicated process with a not so great reward ( because I wanted a new item or upgrade or something idk)

3. In the second room there's a cracked panel that HAS to be blown up in order for the beam of light to hit the eye a few floors down. I failed to notice this platform. So when I only had 3 eyes lit I spent FOREVER walking around the dungeon wondering what else I needed to do

That being said, it was of course still a fantastic dungeon, I just had a terrible time with it

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I'm gonna have to deviate from a lot of peoples' opinions and say my least favorite was definitely Palace of Darkness. Ik. HEAR ME OUT

1. i HATE HATE HATE areas where I need to accomplish something, but vision is limited by darkness. It baffles and disorients me because I always feel the need to fully scope out every area. HOW CAN I DO THAT WHEN I CAN'T SEE

2. The big chest contains master ore and the big chest is in a small barely noticeable room with a complicated process of switch hitting and timing which I had to look up online. Somewhat complicated process with a not so great reward ( because I wanted a new item or upgrade or something idk)

3. In the second room there's a cracked panel that HAS to be blown up in order for the beam of light to hit the eye a few floors down. I failed to notice this platform. So when I only had 3 eyes lit I spent FOREVER walking around the dungeon wondering what else I needed to do

That being said, it was of course still a fantastic dungeon, I just had a terrible time with it

You're not the only one. I felt the same way.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To me it was Skull Woods. Yes you had to get outside a couple of times and especially near the end you had to aim for the right gap to fall through but I found the Dungeon so extremely short and easy. So yeah out of all the dungeons this is the one I liked the least but the endboss however was much fun!

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I could not say that I disliked any of the dungeons myself, But a chose the Eastern Palace. Not because it was too easy or any thing but simply because it felt the least distinct compared to the other dungeons in the game. I chose this dungeon not because of any flaws (all the dungeons in ALBWs were fun and well designed), but because it was simplest.

I had a hard time deciding my least favorite, in my opinion nun of them deserve that title.

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
My least favorite was the Ice Palace, I was always confused and disoriented when I tried to complete it the first time.
I'm not the greatest at walking straight, so a whole dungeon involving narrow and/or slippery paths as the main features was annoying.

I normally enjoy dungeons that are able to make me lost while trying to solve it, but the terrain just made it a nuisance this time.

Skunk

Floof
Palaces in Zelda generally don't agree with me very well, and I absolutely hated the Ice Palace. I also hated how you got to it, because I'm not really good with heights(also didn't like the Hyrule counterpart to that area)>

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I didn't dislike any of the dungeons. Most I found fairly enjoyable, with the Palace of Darkness and Ice Palace being VERY enjoyable due to how frustratingly confusing they were (I have a love/hate relationship with hard dungeons, I get very frustrated with them but they stretch my mind muscles and cause me to think outside the box, and after I defeat them I hold them in much higher regard for being an actual challenge.)

I chose House of Gales simply because I don't remember much of it. It was a very generic dungeon IMO with a very disappointing boss, I DIDN'T TAKE A SINGLE HIT EVEN ON HERO MODE!!!

ILU

i luv u
House of Gales. I dunno, I just didn't like the whole wind thing. The gameplay just felt... weird? Slow? I dunno. It was awkward.

orange4zion

Really wants ST and MC
Palace of Darkness for sure. I had to backtrack so many times, died so many times, and had to leave so many times. It's nice they made a lantern based dungeon and all, but I feel that it was quite, how do you say, unnecessary. It feels as if they traded the boomerang for the lantern. The worst part is that they actually shoehorned the boomerang in. It stuck out like a sore thumb. No use at all. I feel the only place it could have been intergrated is in the Palace of Darkness. Maybe using the boomerang to light torches in a DS-esque style but having to light a few torches with the lantern beforehand or even better, a boomerang-lantern hybrid would be cool.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Tower of Hera and Turtle Rock were the only dungeons I was disappointed with. They just were boring and too simple to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom