• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What is Your Least Favorite Aspect of Your Favorite Zelda Game?

All the token & minifig collecting in Minish Cap. You HAD to do it for hearts, but it was SO time consuming.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
A Link to the Past is my favourite Zelda game, but there is one, slight thing that has always kind of bugged me. As you know, the colour green represent courage, blue represents wisdom, and red represents power, but when collecting the Pendants of Virture in order to get the Master Sword, the colour for wisdom and power have been switched with each other. This really is an insignificant detail, but I notice it every time I play.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm kinda conflicted on what my overall favourite Zelda game is since there are two that I love pretty much equally.

Skyward Sword

Definitely the split overworld. In the context of the game, it worked, but I'm not a huge fan of it. It really cut down the exploration aspect that the series is known for by forcing the player to only search within one region, and then going to a different region requires finding a bird statue, returning to the sky, and then flying to the region you want to visit next, rather than just warp around like in most other 3D Zelda titles. It also made the game feel more like a Mario game than a Zelda game, what with the different worlds that are unlocked as one progresses through the game. One of the few things that I dislike about the game.

Majora's Mask

Honestly, it's hard to find something about this game that I don't like, so I'm gonna go the cop-out route and say the save system. I don't have much to say on the save system though because I usually stopped playing when I completed enough stuff to play the Song of Time. I never find myself using the bird statues to save because I never need to. The reason I'm mentioning this as the "aspect I don't like" though is because I know that a large chunk of the fanbase dislikes the way the save system works in that game, and I can see why they'd think that way. And if I used the bird statues to save, I'd probably feel the same way. idk though, I don't really have a problem with the save system overall, but it's certainly the thing I like the least about the game... because it's just that great of a game.

This is very minor (wouldn't be my favorite if I had a huge problem with it after all) but I disliked how in OoT, there are less monsters on the overworld after Ganondorf takes over. I would've liked it better if it was the other way around, with less monsters as young Link and having adult Link's Hyrule field be a bit more dangerous.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The refusal of Skyward Sword to open up in the second half. I really don't get why we couldn't have been given some more room to roam and complete the dungeons in whatever order.

Well, what Nintendo really wanted with Skyward Sword, I think, is for the player to be consumed by the story and truly become Link. Honestly, I don't know of anyone who wouldn't want to be Skyward Sword's Link -- he's of latent talent but he is also lazy; he's friends with the most popular girl in town; he gets easy pardons despite being a drag on his school's good name. And after all that? He becomes the Hero...or, at the point of the second half of Skyward Sword, he is becoming the Hero. And I think that's what Nintendo wanted players to think. Ignore the gameplay if you could, ignore the small annoyances like the lack of linearity, and go after the heart and soul of the story even if it isn't the greatest. Immerse yourself in Link.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, what Nintendo really wanted with Skyward Sword, I think, is for the player to be consumed by the story and truly become Link. Honestly, I don't know of anyone who wouldn't want to be Skyward Sword's Link -- he's of latent talent but he is also lazy; he's friends with the most popular girl in town; he gets easy pardons despite being a drag on his school's good name. And after all that? He becomes the Hero...or, at the point of the second half of Skyward Sword, he is becoming the Hero. And I think that's what Nintendo wanted players to think. Ignore the gameplay if you could, ignore the small annoyances like the lack of linearity, and go after the heart and soul of the story even if it isn't the greatest. Immerse yourself in Link.

Aonuma has stated that he wanted Skyward Sword to be the game that returned Zelda to its non-linear roots, but they couldn't break away from the linear design. My guess is because the Wii MotionPlus technology came so late into the Wii's lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom