• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Sport/sports?

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I have looked around, and no one has made a thread like this yet, I think.

I love soccer. I do not know how or why, but I do. I am trying out currently as I speak for the girl's soccer team. I hope I make it. Go Mighty Magyars! Another sport that is my favorite is swimming. It is great, and you can get a lot of exercise from it, since you move all the muscles in your body. Why it has become my favorite is probably due to the reason that I have been swimming all my life. I was cheering on Hungary at the European Swimming Championships this summer, and we kicked some foreigners. What made it so special was that it was held in the swimming arena on Margaret Island(Margit Sziget) in Budapest, Hungary. We overall came up third in ranking of the number of medals from all the countries. I think it is a very fun and exciting sport.

So, what are your favorite sports? What teams do you cheer on(if you do)?

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Oh, man, this thread is perfect! Jeez, where do I start?

Basketball. I've been playing basketball since forever. I played in a clinic early on, and played recreation for two years. Now, I'm on my town's travel team, and it is so much fun! My favorite aspect of basketball is defense. I'm 5'10, and I get the opportunity to make a lot of blocks. I also love shooting. I'm lefty, but I can also make right-handed lay-ups. It's good to be able to do so in a world of righties. :P I, however, loathe watching basketball on TV. It bores me to no end. But my NBA team is the Miami Heat!

A VERY close second is baseball. I absolutely LOVE baseball, and I am a huge, devoted Yankees fan! As I mentioned, I am a lefty, and my favorite Yankee player is Andy Pettitte, who is a left-handed pitcher. I think baseball is such a cool game. Batting is a lot of fun because, well, who wouldn't want to hit home runs? Pitching is my favorite, though. It's harder than you think.

Let's not forget football! Playoffs are here, the best time of the year! Although my Giants aren't in them, I love to watch great teams battle each other in pressure situations. Makes for dramatic endings.

Last but not least, soccer. I've played soccer for 3 years, give or take. I was horrible when I started, but meh, I'm not too shabby now. I used to play goalie, and have a cannon of a leg. (Not to brag or anything... lol...) I am probably the best punter on my team, even though I mostly play midfield and defense now. As with basketball, watching soccer irritates me. I'd much rather play than watch, and I no loyalty to any MLS team.

I am a very sporty person, and love sports discussion. Great thread, Ghosi!

I'm a huge basketball fan. At 5'11" I start at center on my school team. I'm averaging about 10 points 12 rebounds and 4 assists. I also watch a lot of basketball my favorite teams are the Celtics(NBA) and Notre Dame(college).

MrLuigi

Theorist
I suck at baseball and soccer, soccer being something I can enjoy watching.

I'm decent at football and at 6'1 I'm taller than my midget friends so I can steal and block. Basketball is a groovy sport.

Last edited:

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
My favorite sport is korfball, one of the few sports with a mixed male/female team (and no it is NOT a basketball rip-off). I played it for 8 years, but I had to quit when I went to university. I wasn't the best korfball player, but fun was more important than winning for our team. Sadly even the Dutch tv doesn't care about korfball and rarely mention it on the sport news thanks to that stupid soccer. It is a fun sport to watch though, especially the world championships (which the Dutch team always wins ^^)

Another one of my favorite sport is ice skating. Not the ice hockey, but speed skating. I have ice skate lessons each Sunday. After 3 lessons it goes quite well, but now I have to learn how to go fast in the turns and that is very difficult. I'm not trying to become a speed skater though, for me it is more for the fun (and to show others that I can ice skate properly). It is a lot of fun to watch too. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of watching the 10 km races, because it takes some time before you know who wins :P.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I don't really play sports, but i do do tae kwon-do. ive been to various competitions, like the south west champs(second for sparring and patterns), welsh champs(first for sparring), west of england champs(first in sparring) and finally WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!(second in sparring, lost by 2 points!)

I love playing sports, name it, I played it.

I love playing soccer, but I can't run on my ankle that much, I hurt it too many times.
Football is also fun, I love hurting others and I can't really get blamed for it.
Volleyball, do I really need to explain?
Basketball, I'm a good shooter and ball handler.

I love other sports like, Tennis, Golf, and boxing. But I never have enough free time to do all of it. =[

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Basketball - I used to shoot around in the driveway every day when I was younger, and played a summer league at the YMCA when I was 11. In the first game of the tournament, I hit a 16 or 17 foot jumper late in the game to tie it up and send it to overtime. Unfortunately we ended up losing, but it was great to experience hitting that 'big' shot all players dream about, albeit in an antithesis of a 'big stage.' I'm 6'3, so in late high school I was able to dunk if I made a good enough jump.

Bowling - Not necessarily an athletic sport, but it's lots of fun especially when you play in a league. I did for about 3 years or so back in the late 90's. The last year I carried a 174 average for the entire season.

I practice karate and right now I'm a green belt (Link s*hito-ryu style anyone?) I love it!

I also like baseball a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom