• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What is Your Favorite Pokémon Movie?

What's your favorite Pokémon Movie?

• The Origin of Mewtwo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mewtwo Strikes Back

• Pokémon 2000

• Spell of the Unown

• Mewtwo Returns

• Celebi: Voice of the Forest

• Pokémon Heroes

• Jirachi - Wish Maker

• Destiny Deoxys!

• Lucario and the Mystery of Mew!

• Pokémon Ranger & the Temple of the Sea!

• The Rise of Darkrai!

• Giratina & the Sky Warrior!

• Arceus and the Jewel of Life

• Zoroark - Master of Illusions

• Black & White: Victini of Reshiram & Zekrom

• Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice

• Meloetta's Sparkling Recital

• Total voters

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
(Whenever a Mod gets to this will they please take the prefix off? Thank you.)
((I searched for a similar thread and found nothing. If there is a thread similar, I apologize. I must have missed it.))

After having a nice conversation in the ZD Shoutbox with a few friends, we began to converse about Pokémon Movies. We all were able to easily confirm that Pokémon 2000 was easily the best of them all. Although, that was only a handful of us. Why not voice your own opinion on which movie is the best? There are currently about 18 Pokémon movies, not all have been fully released.

The big question is, which is your favorite?

****The poll is multiple choice!****

Mewtwo Strikes Back every time. Why? Because it carried a surprisingly deep message for not only a Pokémon movie but any videogame based movie in general. Mewtwo can be equated to TWW's Ganondorf in this production albeit in an inverse relationship. While it is very much so Ash's adventure in climbing the rungs towards becoming the greatest Pokémon champion there ever was, it's also Mewtwo's realization that humans and Pokémon can and are mutually compatible. It's a foreshadowing of the liberation theme permeating the later Generation V games. All said and done, it's the most emotional Pokémon adaptation ever produced with Ash nearly perishing at the end and with the quirky Pikachu's Vacation short included in Pokémon: The First Movie, definitely worth a dip.

The original. What's it called? The Origin of Mewtwo? Eh, I dunno.

I've probably seen that movie over 50 times, no joke. When I was littler and was having a sick day, I would go to my dad's classroom and watch that nonstop. It didn't just happen once or twice either, I was a sickly little kid. I don't care how corny it is, or how Pokemon Tears can really heal people, but hey. I love it.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
i've only seen Arceus and the Jewel of Life,Giratina & the Sky Warrior and The Rise of Darkrai but out of those ones its Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Dan

So many movies o_O
I've only seen 4 till I dropped my pokemon Pants (american term of pants)

Anyway I always loved the 2nd movie the most. the 1st one just seem to be Mewtwo QQing about his purpose, and throwing major tantrums about it.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I loved the one with Celibi, and I don't remember what its called, but the one where MewTwo clones all of the pokemon, and the Pikachus have a slap fight. Whats that called?

Mewtwo strikes back every time. Mewtwo was hardcore, it was a pretty violent and dark movie, the soundtrack is amazing and it just works really well. It tells a moral and most of the time moral attempts in films fall on their face and feel tacky but it didnt in this.

I've seen most of these films (just to play a shot game when i see a pokemon i dont know) but ive only really enjoyed one of them since Mewtwo strikes back and that was Secret of the Unown. The rest are just bah. though the end twist in Jirachi wishmaker was interesting.

Fig

The Altruist
I love every Pokémon movie and I can't wait for the next two new ones to be released! The movies are too great for me to describe them all as I would have given my special moments with every movie. I do hope they continue to air them on theaters just like with Victini and Zekrom! :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom