• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Is Your Favorite Part of Your Least Favorite Zelda Game?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
(Putting spoiler prefix in case someone post spoilers)

So, I based this thread off of What Is Your Least Favorite Part of Your Favorite Zelda Game?, But this is the opposite.

What is your favorite part of your least favorite Zelda game?

My least favorite Zelda game is The Minish Cap. I haven't played it in years and the only thing that I remembered that I liked in the game was how you could turn into Minish Link to solve certain puzzles and whatnot. I just found it really cool to be extremely tiny.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My least favorite is Skyward Sword. My favorite part of the game is the Skyloft Silent Realm - although it's just another rehash, I find the terrain to be the most apt for silent realm challenge. Perhaps if they had a few more nooks and crannies, maybe portals to other islands, it could be an even better challenge. <3

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Haven't beaten Zelda II....but...probably the first dungeon. It's the least annoying.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Curses Sir Quaffler, you took mine. I love that dungeon theme so much. I can't believe its not in like every Zelda game. Its so catchy, and it gets you energized so you can slash and fight your way through your enemies. With alli its absurd difficulty, I don't think anyone would have finished Zelda II without that song. Please bring it back Nintendo!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My favourite part of my least favourite Zelda game (the original Legend of Zelda) is that it's the most adventure filled Zelda game to date. It's the only game in the series in which there is nobody telling you where to go or what to do (besides some very vague Old Man quotes), meaning you actually had to explore for yourself, and constantly try to find hidden secrets inside and out of the dungeon, which makes this game a one-of-a-kind! It's also the first Zelda game, and perfected the adventure genre.

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
The cutscene in Twilight Princess where King Bulbin nabs Colin. And the battle shortly after. Was it too easy? Sure. But it was ten kinds of epic.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
My favorite part of The Wind Waker is... I guess the way it blends its visuals with the world. It's not a specific part, I know, but the way the visuals bring the world to life by literally making it an interactive cartoon is something no other Zelda game has even come close to with their respective art styles. The amount of charm The Wind Waker has is just plain timeless, and I'd really like to see future Zelda games match this with whatever kind of visuals they have to correspond with their worlds.

Fave part of SS?

hmmm...... hmmmmm......... hmmm... watching Levias fly around from the island with a rainbow on it?

What about Link go splat? You really seemed to get a kick out of that in the Shoutbox. :)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I like all of the Zelda games I've played, but I have a mixed-relationship with Majora's Mask.

I've only ever played it through once because of the saving-mechanism and time-sensitivity - my disliking the way saving is done in the game, yet I absolutely love the story and the atmosphere - I think the horror/drama of the game is absolutely masterful, something the series has yet to fully capture again.

So... everything except Majora's Mask except the saving-system?

Alternately, I found Phantom Hourglass fun up until one of the final battles, but it was kind of blah for me because the sailing and oceanic theme were something I'd done before (Wind Waker), and having played Spirit Tracks first, I found that one more original... but PH did have Linebeck, who was great fun.

So... my favorite part of Phantom Hourglass was Linebeck?

Take your pick.

My least favorite is FSA, I think the only thing I really liked about it was the multiplayer. BUT, that's not really a true Zelda, so of the main entries, I'd say Phantom Hourglass is my least favorite. The best thing I can say about it is that sometimes the touch controls were fun, but the rest was so maddeningly easy it bored me to tears.

Concerning Zelda II, I quite liked having a Hyrule with multiple towns and settlements, making it feel a tad more 'realistic' than later titles in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom