• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is The WORST Video Game You've Ever Played?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
There are plenty of great games, and naturally because of that there is equally as many terrible ones. So, my question for you is, what is the WORST video game you've ever played, and what was so bad about it? Whether it be due to the graphics, story, gameplay, or just general quality. Any game you dislike the most can count. Even if its a game lots of people love. If you think its trash, go ahead and share your opinion. Also, it doesn't matter if its a free flash game, or a full priced retail game. It doesn't even matter if you only played a demo!

In my opinion, I think the single handedly worst game I've ever played was a Planet 51 game on DS. It barely had any key points of the movie, had horrible graphics, and you could only drive around in cars. No walking, just cars. 24/7. Also, I couldn't even unlock the last area. You beat the story without unlocking it, and the game doesn't mention anything relating to it!

p51ds-2.jpg

I mean, if you don't look at that picture and think "Quality," than you are probably a very mentally stable human being. Because that game is trash XD

Mind=Zero. I just finished this on the Vita and people aren't kidding when they say it's a blatant Persona rip-off. And it's not even a very good one. The gameplay is repetitive and slow, nothing is ever explained as far as the story is concerned, and the ending is basically non-existent.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Darkened_Skye_Coverart.png

This is the worst video game I ever purchased for myself. Of course, looking back, perhaps now that I'm older I would like this game. But, IIRC, it was rather clunky and the story, at least for my "too cool for silly stuff" 12-year-old self, was a little lame. Maybe it's a gem though. I suppose I should try it again.

The absolute worst games I've ever played, and I know will not be better with age, are the Brittany Spears DDR games, especially the handheld one. At least the Barbie games have some stupid amusing value, the Brittany Spears games are only *baarf*

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Ballz 3D. The gameplay was truly unlike anything I'd ever seen, a diamond in the rough of ball-related video games, an exquisite game that will surely go down in gaming history as the gift to mankind that it is.

Oh, sorry, I misread this as" the BEST video game you've ever played" thread.

I'm gonna get a lotta flak but Dragon Warrior. The leveling is horrific, the amount of exp you get, vs the amount you need later on is unfair. Killing harder enemies almost never works, cuz they'll hand you your ass so quick it aint funny. The music was stuck in my head for 2 weeks! It was repetitive and awful. You have to use the menu for everything. Walking down the stairs took for freaking ever and a day! Better weapons and items are waaay to expensive, considering you don't get much money. It's enough to drive any person insane and this is a classic only to people with the patience of a saint and high pain tolerance. You couldn't pay me to play it all the way through.

It was this incredibly ****ty Ace Combat game for the GBA I got at a book fair. At that time, I was already a pretty huge fan of the Ace Combat series, so naturally, I saw the add in the book fair catalogue and became ecstatic. Afterwards, I decided to shell out 20 dollars of hard-earned birthday money for this abomination and popped it in immediately noticed that it was impossible to do anything because the camera and controls were so terrible. After that, I shoved it in my closet and never touched it since.

Pokemon Channel

you watch tv with Pikachu. that's it. if you ever wanted to watch the same repetitious clips of smoochums doing exercise routines and ordering worthless items from tv shows, rest assured, the game will not disappoint.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I can't think of much bad games. Though one of the worst I can think of is Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light. It isn't to hard and has a decent story. I just hate that it takes control from me. Since FF4HL will automatically target depending on what option you choose. Healing abillity automatically targets the lowest hp and physical close range attacks hit the front row starting on the right. I think long range go back row left to right if i remember correctly. I just like my startegy to be able to be picked by who i want to target not by the game.

Heck I played Sonic 06 and didn't hate the control as much. Since with the wonky pyshics you could do a lot of crazy stuff. I dislike Xenoblade for the automatic hits and its wierd wonky psuedo action rpg with timed rpg elements. Still a fun game but if i'm going to run around i want to run and dodge attacks. Head hurts.

Urban Crime for the iOS.

If the fact that Gameloft made it is not enough to justify my claim, how about these facts as some extra condiments to the unsatisfactory failure?

1.) The game reuses the same everything from another deplourable game known as "Gangstar: Miami Vindication." If that is not enough information, here is the comparison:

Urban Crime. -->
Gangstar: Miami Vindication. -->

2.) You must level up in order to get into good cars. Now, imagine a Grand Theft Auto that has been coalesced with an RPG game, and Niko Bellic has to be Level 40 or something to drive an Infernus.

3.) Freemium... yep.

4.) Remember #1? That original game had tons of glitches in it, and they never bothered fixing it.

5.) Not to be THAT GUY, but we all know that for a game made after 2010 and especially from Gameloft (which is a branch of Ubisoft, the guys that make Assassin's Creed games), the graphics really do not live up to our expectations. Imagine characters with photographs pasted onto their otherwise flat faces talking without moving their mouths. Now THAT is horrifying.

also, I'm not sure if this really counts, since it was so terrible, I thoroughly enjoyed it. (I'm also inclined to believe it was intended to be terrible. I hope).

the zoo race, a christian-themed racing game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom