• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Links Most Iconic Item? (besides His Sword and Shield)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The Bow. pretty self explanatory. And if you need an explanation look at any of the posts before mine ;)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I would say the hookshot/longshot but to be honest I thought the clawshots were better (in SS). I just think clawshots would be a freakin' awesome thing to have, they're loads of fun in the games, and some of the feats of the Zelda games would be impossible without these kind of items, which are pretty much absent in any other games.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
If I had to pick another thing besides the stupid hat... an actual weapon...

Bombs. Every LoZ game has them, don't they? At least every game of the series I've played has them - round, gunpowder bombs with fuses. They're great for exploring/blowing out secret entrances and passages and for use on certain enemies. What I find amusing is that, even if Link is in one of his child-incarnations, shopkeepers sell him the boom-booms. Link even has the darn things in his non-canon game apperances! In Smash Bros. he has the bombs as a standard to his attack-arsenal! The same with Soul Calibur II! Link is a freaking pyromaniac.

I once saw the Mythbusters test an ancient weapon that pretty much made a multiple-canon out of what were essentially "bomb arrows" (rocket/firework type arrows, actually). It *worked.* I imediately thought of Twilight Princess and got stars in my eyes when I saw that episode...

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Hmm . . . his hat, definitely. But other than his amazing hat, which apparently isn't "item" enough to be counted here, I'd say the boomerang. Or maybe the slingshot, but mostly the boomerang. See, everyone says the bow, because it's in every game and is one of the most-used items in the games. But that doesn't make it iconic. I don't see a bow and think "Zelda"; bows are common items and used often in places other than Zelda. As for the boomerang, though, how many times have you seen that in video games, movies, and any other media outside of Zelda? It's been in many games, is often one of the first items you get, and is unique to the Zelda series. The same goes for the Slingshot. In my experience, if the boomerang isn't the first item you get, it's usually the slingshot.

Hmm . . . his hat, definitely. But other than his amazing hat, which apparently isn't "item" enough to be counted here, I'd say the boomerang. Or maybe the slingshot, but mostly the boomerang. See, everyone says the bow, because it's in every game and is one of the most-used items in the games. But that doesn't make it iconic. I don't see a bow and think "Zelda"; bows are common items and used often in places other than Zelda. As for the boomerang, though, how many times have you seen that in video games, movies, and any other media outside of Zelda? It's been in many games, is often one of the first items you get, and is unique to the Zelda series. The same goes for the Slingshot. In my experience, if the boomerang isn't the first item you get, it's usually the slingshot.
*cough* Skyward Sword*

The Bombs. When I see boomerangs I think Batman and when I see slingshots I think "why did my little cousin choose Chuck E Cheeses? Oh well, time to hog the Mario Kart thing."But when I see bombs, due to most other things involving explosives use dynamite, or grenades, or C3 shaped like a butterfly, them blue bombs mean Zelda.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I agree. There is so much fanart with Link weilding his bow, that it just seems nessecary that the bow is his most iconic item next to the Master Sword.

link.jpg

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I'd have to agree with the slingshot and the Bow. After the slingshot was in Oot i'm not sure if it was in any other games but it was then but into Oracle of seasons and had a slightly different version in oracle of ages it just seems like a good iconic item along with the bow for a lot of other reasons.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I am actually going to have to go with the Hookshot. It has appreared in many games to date (4 that I can think of off the top of my head). Of course, when I say hookshot I mean both that and the clawshot, because they are the same item approximately. So yah.. thats my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom