• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is a "perfect" Zelda for You?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
That's not a good zelda game. That, that, that defines greatness and perfection! :D Except for the no magic meter part.

Wait, so you'd like to be limited with your magic? XD That's interesting. Could you explain? :)

I'd love being able to use the magic without having a meter because the meter limits us. You can only fire so many elemental arrows before your magic runs out and you have to refill. Imagine getting to use all the magic you want without having to be restrained! :D It's like the stamina meter in Skyward Sword. Wouldn't you like to dash around, climb vines, do spin attacks, and push around blocks all you want?

EDIT: In other words, all of the magic is there -- there's just nothing to limit us.

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
Wait, so you'd like to be limited with your magic? XD That's interesting. Could you explain? :)

I'd love being able to use the magic without having a meter because the meter limits us. You can only fire so many elemental arrows before your magic runs out and you have to refill. Imagine getting to use all the magic you want without having to be restrained! :D It's like the stamina meter in Skyward Sword. Wouldn't you like to dash around, climb vines, do spin attacks, and push around blocks all you want?

EDIT: In other words, all of the magic is there -- there's just nothing to limit us.

Well, if the game was challenging enough...as challenging as the first Zelda game, then I wouldn't mind unlimited magic. But, modern Zelda games are quite easy, so I would like it for the magic meter to be limited, just to add a bit more challenge ;)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I am not really sure.

Art Style - something like TP's "realism" style or like Skyward Sword's "impressionst" style, depending upon the story.

Rating - something a little more "mature" without being in "mature game" territory, ie. Teen rating, something with blood, harking back to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (there was blood on the walls of some dungeons), with backstory with some serious doings (such as how the Royal Family betrayed the Sheika in OoT, how the ancestors of the Twili were hounded and abused). Something like TP in themes, less fear of blood, but nothing that turns Zelda into something it's not, nothing that completely kills the whimsy or magic.

No Timed Quests - at least not any that are vital to the story. I *hate* timed-missions. UNLESS it's like the "Link getting poisoned" scenario I once imagined in a thread that happened here long ago.

Old Skool Enemies - brought back for 3D treatment! I'd love to see a Twilight Princess style Lynel, Aquamentus... Gleeoks need to be brought back seriously - fighting a dragon while fighting it's flying severed heads? Awesome.

Something that unites the Legend - I'd LOVE a game where you got to meet the Heroes of previous eras/games as ghosts or visions. I'd love to see something similar to what happened in one of my fanfics: The Hero of the new game gets a vision periodically/optionally where he learns a unique skill from a previous Hero - they also dispense a bit of philosophy as they teach. One past Hero = one special skill. In keeping with this, there should be some "failed hero" in this lot, just to insinuate that the Heroes haven't *always* won in the legend to give you a sense of urgency.

Option to play as Zelda. It's her Legend, after all. You can start a new game with either Link or Zelda fighting for the kingdom. The backstory/scenario is different for each of them. Zelda's might involve Link not being able to do it for some reason (gets crippled by monsters or something in the beginning of her tale, perhaps, or a story where the Hero is found too late and has been captured or killed or something).

Other than that, there are a couple of my stupid fan fictions I wouldn't mind seeing made into games (as long as I got a say in design and royalties) - "The Great Desert" (weird AU story) and "Rise of Evil" (Ganondorf as protagonist game).

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Well, if the game was challenging enough...as challenging as the first Zelda game, then I wouldn't mind unlimited magic. But, modern Zelda games are quite easy, so I would like it for the magic meter to be limited, just to add a bit more challenge ;)

I agree. Adventure of Link would be a million times easier if there was unlimited magic. but a modern game would get boring with unlimited magic

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!

Oh, I didn't even think of that! XD That's a good point. In that case, I'd be happy to trade in a magic meter for super-hard enemies so that we could have unlimited magic and a challenge, haha. :)

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
A perfect Zelda for me, aside from Ocarina of Time, would be:

• Amount of sidequests as Majora's Mask
  • Amazing NPCs like Majora's Mask
  • Number of Dungeons as Twilight Princess
  • Crazed villain like Majora's Mask
  • Adult Link like Twilight Princess
  • Twilight Princess' graphical style
  • Enemy AI like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
  • Music like Ocarina of Time
  • Nonlinearity like LoZ (NES)
  • Magic Bar and *some* RPG elements like Adventure of Link
  • Difficulty somewhat close to AoL's – just to reassure us that the game won't be too easy but at the same time not too hard.
  • Awesomeness like ZELDA

I agree, that kind of a Zelda Game would be the best. Have you ever imagined a Zelda Game with a little something from every game made? I'm curious...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Hmmm....

-Mix between WW and SS graphics
-Story presentation + development of SS
-Very Mideival/royalty/castle feeling like in TP (hard to explain)
-Ganondorf or Vaati as villain
-more creative dungeons
-Fantastic bosses like in TP (IMO)
-Overworld like ALttP but BIGGER
- Area exclusize enemies like TMC
-Tons of sidequests and things to do if you get bored of the main story
-Soundtrack like WW

The perfect Zelda for me? Seriously, for me? Well, you asked.

-Older characters; mid twenties + for Link and Zelda.
-Huge bosses, bigger then TP, more than two phases.
-Beautiful Overworld, gorgeous light, awe inspiring sights... really i don't care how big it is as long as it looks gorgeous and feels like a world.
-Story, don't care, could be minimalist, could be overarching and complex, as long as it creates an emotional response within me to make me feel as if my quest has been worth it.
-Less dungeons, more overworld, give me the sense of travel again like WW, make me feel as if i am on a journey, make me believe that this world hold secrets that i have to search for.
-Realistic items OR, familiar items that act realistically a good physics engine for using the double clawshots and ball and chain etc.

There we go =]

Last edited:

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
So start with Majora's Mask, since I find that to be closest to 'perfect', and change the following:
TP graphics and expansive overworld, keeping spaced points that have clusters of stuff to do like in Termina Field.
OoT save system.
AMAZING ORCHESTRATED MUSIC.
MORE AMAZING ORCHESTRATED MUSIC.
No warping, but a flight mechanic like in SS.
'Alternate' world (Dark World, Silent Realm, etc.) OR changing state, as in MM after bosses are beaten.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Oracle of Ages. Quality dungeons (as in they stop and made you think)
A link to the past / ocarina of time, dungeon flow (group 1 dungeons of like 3) (group 2 of like 7) (Final Dungeon) can insert more blocks, and even mini dungeons, but I want to feel some freedom.
Ganon should probably be the main villan, but it should be known from 30 seconds into the game, like OoT, and should be mentioned constantly thru the game, and plenty of reason to fear/ hate him. Or another equally good bad guy, other bad guys in the series have felt lamer though, if they could pull them off as the fully epicness that OoT ganon brought then that'd be just ok.
Majora's Masks like dungeons, and majora mask like bosses. All the temples had this global puzzle, but still followed a fairly straight line most of the time, had to break it to get fairies some times. And the bosses, could be hurt with almost anything, allowing alot of variety in actually taking them down, while still keeping themselves fairly impressive.

I don't want an empty over world, I want some motivation to find secrets.

4 heart pieces per container thank you very much

I don't want my hand held, but I would like a way to keep track of what i'm actually supposed to be doing.

I think i like a fairy partner, but what if that fairy could help Link cast magic? The first combat useful partner aside from targeting.

I want the magic meter back. I want spells to cast, and items that take magic. I want the lens of truth back, or something that shows truth.

Combat, closer to n64 and WW combat. if of course we're talking 3d game. Now again I'm a big fan of the 2d games too, And since the DS there hasn't been another true 2d zelda, I'd love to see the return of Links Awakening/ Oracle games style as well, I enjoyed those more then Link to the Past style.

The hack and slash of the n64 with a few types of attacks was just perfect, and for sword techniques, great spin is all we ever need. Don't need no parry, or feint attack.

The shield has to be manual, and its own button. Automatic shield while targeting, is stupid, and automates half of the combat for you.

Plot wise, i'd like the sur realism of MM or the seriousness of OoT. But not a mixture if that makes sense. MM had that darkness to it, by virtue of what was actually going on, but was still very colorful. And thats what i think we would be doing it right is called. TP was a dark color palate, and SS was pastels, I'd like a balance between. I still favor the realistic style art vs the toon links.

edit:

and yes OoT difficultly but offer a 2nd quest, which would greatly step up the difficulty, such as bosses would have like double, triple or even 5 times the HP, and hit harder, major enemies would appear more often where once minor enemies.

Last edited:

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Honestly...I just like Zelda, period. Whatever Aonuma and Miyamoto give me I'm grateful for, and even further more I'd say it's already perfect as it's constantly evolving and creating new and interesting worlds. However if the question was formed as "what would I implement in Zelda if I were making it?" then well it's a good thing I've already made a list as such (btw huge wall of text incoming):

-Instead of lots of Items, how about item upgrades.

-Big open TP like fields as well as close dungeon-like sections of SS (the closer you get to your destination the more dungeon like the world around you becomes, however there are still main fields with exploration and secrets. Several towns, like 6 really large ones and 3 small ones as well as two small villages.

-A long meaningful story with cut scenes at least as beautiful as SS.

-A forty to fifty hour, maybe even sixty hour, main quest.

-Tons of post-game content and about over a hundred hours worth of total gameplay.

-A direct placement in the timeline.

-Tons of extras, including towns and people that are completely optional.

-A very large world (think Xenoblade Chronicles but with more stuff to do).

-An expansive and open upgrade system.

-A story that doesn’t try to be a remake of past stories.

-A plethora of old species and races with a mixture of new races/species.

-Interesting and new dungeon designs like: Electric, steam based, space or matter based, etc…

-A ton of shops and stores with all kinds of different items that vary from town to town.

-Return of the hero’s pouch from SS.

-A ton of different shield types.

-Multiple swords you can buy and obtain until you get the final sword near the third quarter of the game.

-Multiple and extra tunics for side-quests.

-Perhaps Tunic upgrades.

-Perhaps in addition to the shield meter an armor meter.

-The return of the magic meter.

-Items that use the magic meter, some optional and some required, like magic rods that use WM+. For example a rod that can levitate items.

-All Items should be upgradeable at least twice, maybe even more so. Each upgrade with different paths and attributes. For example an upgrade to the recently mentioned levitation rod that causes it to direct the flow of water or maybe allows the player to throw what it levitates.

-A medal or badge system similar to the Oracle games’ ring system but more expansive and offering more upgrades to the player as well as abilities, perhaps for example a badge that allows Link to jump further or maybe run faster or even perhaps just allows Link to jump when a button is pressed.

-A ton of different enemy types each varying from region to region. Each enemy should be able to be taken down a multitude of different ways.

-Enemies should be tougher, perhaps taking an entire heart or maybe just add an difficulty setting.

-Instead of just exploring Hyrule how about a quest that spans the entire planet, it’s not necessary but would be nice.

-A new villain. We all love Ganon, Vaati, Demise and all their underlings but we need something fresh.

-The Triforce should be present in some manor be it in passing (TP) or full-blown involvement (WW, SS).

-Zelda can be high-tech as shown in SS but, I feel it’d help if there were also very magic influenced elements.

-(MY OPINION) a portion of the story focused heavily around Link and the Spirit of The Hero would be amazing, perhaps focusing on how whenever danger arrives there’s always someone to stand up and fight back. Of course the option of changing Link’s name would have to be abandoned but who’d honestly care?

-Voice acting would be a nice addition to the series as long as it’s good voice acting.

-Characters that feel important to the story and give the player a reason to go on.

-A love interest for Link would be nice addition.

-Tons of fun and engaging characters all through-out the game.

-A villain that’s more active and akin to Ghirahim not Ganondorf who just sits and waits.

-A massive and amazing soundtrack full of meaning and reason. Should be orchestrated.

-The return of Classic Zelda enemies with modern twists.

-The return of Skyward Swords Night and day system but more expansive. Beds should allow the player to heal and skip between day and night at ease but there should also be a built in clock that allows time to flow normally that if left undisturbed should allow the game to advance into night or day while the player is in a field. There should be missions and points in the story that rely on the player exploring the night at certain places. The Night system should be available for every region in the game not just one town. The night should be insanely more difficult than the day, more frightening and tough monsters should come out at night and normal monsters should be harder to kill at night. For example a Bokoblin during the day should take about 1 heart and be killed in 5 sword strikes, while at night the same Bokoblin should take 2 maybe even 3 hearts and should take 10 maybe 15 sword strikes to kill. The impending sense of Night should strike fear in gamers similar to the second Castlevania game but without a loading sequence.

-Perhaps certain people only come out at night and some at day.

-A musical Instrument should return but should not be the focal point of the story.

-There should be upgrades and enhances to the potions as well as the return of a brewery shop for potions.

-There should be about 10 main story dungeons, 2 mini-main story dungeons, and 4 extra side-quest dungeons.

-The main story should rely a bit on back-tracking but not to just prolong the length of the quest.

-A huge hub similar to Clock town should be the main town of the game perhaps Castle Town? There should a ton of side-quest in all the towns that are akin to Majora’s Masks side-quest but the main town/hub should have the majority.

-A seasons and weather systems should be implemented to give a better sense of being in the game.

-The game should be somewhat non-linear, you can visit almost every dungeon whenever you want but the critical story points should be linear.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master

Because then it becomes like fable 3, with lots of over powered magic, that you can just spam.
Its got to be limited for balance, and fun sake. So you have to conserve your magic and use it when you feel you need it, not shooting off fire at every chance you get.

i want good music.
a better instrumentthen the harp -_- (i mean how to use it)
a good story like SS.
a long but good game.
an overworld like ocarina of time.
a lot of villains (not just like 1 or 2. like for exemple ganon or vaati alone. maybe like 4. i love villains)
enemys are smart. i kinda liked SS but it could be better
BIG final boss battle. and BIG boss battles.
thats about it :)

LumiGem

He gave me LOADED DICE!
My perfect Zelda game:
- Be able to customize Link
- Good amount of humour
- About 8 or 9 dungeons
- Lots of cool Easter Eggs and references
- Awesome, hardcore, bosses
- Difficulty similar to TP, MM, or SS
- Random stuff you can carry around
- For Link to show some emotion during some cutscenes (i would especially want him to cry)
- Having the main antagonist really attractive like Ghirahim, but have a absolutely horrid true form.
- Graphics somewhat like the Wii U Tech Demo
- Shops that have cool stuff from time to time, an eensy bit like Nook's Cranny/Nook N' Go/Nookway from animal crossing
- NPC Interaction
- New place themes, like island-based places or something
- Cool boss music
- Cool music
- Fun side quests

...Eh, all I can think of..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom