• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if this game turns out to be an absolute nightmare?

What if this game bombs because of the lack of Satori to direct it (which he helped played a big role in BOTW) (1) The SIGNIFICANCE Behind the Satori Mountain || Breath of the Wild Documentary - YouTube which if you haven't seen this yet I highly recommend it!

So without further ado BOTW 2 winds up going the opposite end and the entire game is one underground Dungeon with various points you can pop out and see restricted areas of Hyrule and your job is to get out of the dungeon and shut off Link's Malice curse before he is consumed entirely! (Yes this is timed).

Also when you use the powers of malice Link will have a 'sane' meter which the longer he uses his abilities the more towards insanity he gets to where he goes crazy and it's game over with a cut scene of Link killing everybody around him. Hopefully not the same cutscene over and over again each time you lose in a different spot.

The core of the game is a complex dungeon world with various shops and you can go to the above world by climbing the Shiekah Towers or perhaps this is where you play as Zelda and she can use her spirit to transport out of the caves and temporarily explore to collect things.

I'd be sorely upset if this happened and I'd sell my Switch for a gigantic steam card which this isn't an easy decision to make as I quite love my BOTW and Age of Calamity but I cannot support companies that troll/rip people off like Nintendo has been with this 'Direct' if you can even call it that. Rant off. What would you do if BOTW2 bombs?

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
This is hypothenical, right? We don't think it would actually be like this, right?
If it was, I think I'd honestly just laugh. Being laughably horrible is better than being mediocre and boring, if you ask me.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It won't since Monolithsoft is behind the wheel, and considering that they've helped develop several smash hit titles over the years, they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I highly doubt anything that unusual would ever make its way into a Zelda game, tbh. I think the game will sell just as well as BotW. No odd plot points, no weird game mechanics, just a by-the-books sequel to BotW.

Satoru was close with Miyamoto, and Miyamoto continues to watch over the Zelda series, his creation. I'd honestly start getting worried about it once Miyamoto and Aonuma are gone, the latter whom has been involved with Zelda since Ocarina of Time. But as long as the new developers respect the overall story, characters, and direction of the series, I think it should be just fine.
The only big, weird mechanic I'm expecting is Link's glowing green arm. And maybe a playable Zelda. :P Both of which I think are awesome and novel ideas.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I would be very disappointed. That's about it. It'd just kinda feel like a waste of time
Hopefully that's not in this timeline though!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
So without further ado BOTW 2 winds up going the opposite end and the entire game is one underground Dungeon with various points you can pop out and see restricted areas of Hyrule and your job is to get out of the dungeon and shut off Link's Malice curse before he is consumed entirely! (Yes this is timed).

Also when you use the powers of malice Link will have a 'sane' meter which the longer he uses his abilities the more towards insanity he gets to where he goes crazy and it's game over with a cut scene of Link killing everybody around him. Hopefully not the same cutscene over and over again each time you lose in a different spot.
This sounds awesome, but maybe not enough for an entire game.

It'd be like that stupid blood moon cutscene that plays way too often
Why couldn't the blood moon cutscene match your area?

I would be very disappointed. That's about it. It'd just kinda feel like a waste of time
Hopefully that's not in this timeline though!
Me too. If they throw out what makes BOTW work and go for a few gimmicks and linear experience it wil be like Skyward Sword all over again a divisive game that goes far beyond motion control issues. Emotion controls? I cannot support a company that throws what works under the bus just to be 'different' without due regards. Knowing some of the accusations are actually increasingly true I'm holding my 'breath' and wait on buying it before throwing money at it. The DLC of BOTW reminded me why preorder is never a good idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom