• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if There Isn't a Timeline at All?

EDITED. IM NOT asking if theirs a mario timeline. im just comparing mario and zelda how there is a bunch of games for them but no timeline.

excuse me if im being a debbie downer, but has anyone ever thought maybe there isnt a timeline at all?

like, maybe all the zelda games arent a prequel or a sequel to any of the games, nintendo just makes different zelda games with different stories, all the links zeldas and ganondorfs are pretty much the same. some games may have some sequels to it, but maybe they dont have any connection to the other games.

like, i dont see a timeline for super mario.

if there is a source from nintendo or someone from nintendo that says different, please post a link.

discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bunny_hood

Well personally I happen to agree with you. Unless It's obvious like direct sequels. I don't think the games are distantly related. Nintendo doesn't admit it because it's a talking point for the fans and probably makes them money.

13foxes

I think, at first there isn't a timeline. Nintendo just make them as Mario. The timeline is something they didn't expect when they made the original LoZ. But as the games out (since MM), fans started talking about 'timeline', Nintendo started thinking about it, too. But because there were already 5 games before that, so they couldn't fit perfectly. And, Nintendo cares more about gameplay, so they just don't focus on timeline/story 'till recently (WW/PH--ST). Maybe, at first there isn't a timeline at all, and now they're trying to fit each game in the timeline to get with the fans.

Last edited:
But as the games out (since MM), fans started talking about 'timeline', Nintendo started thinking about it, too. But because there were already 4 games before that, so they couldn't fit perfectly.
2 Mistakes! The timeline theories started with OoT not with MM and MM isn't the 4th game.

Where are the timeline theorists? This thread will get hot for sure...

13foxes

2 Mistakes! The timeline theories started with OoT not with MM and MM isn't the 4th game.

Where are the timeline theorists? This thread will get hot for sure...

I'm so sorry. I'll fix that.

But I think, since MM came out, people had their first confirmed part of the timeline (OoT/MM). And from that time WHEN MM'S RELEASED people has thought 'there's some connections between the game', and the timeline theorists was born. It's not that the timeline started with MM. (Personally I believed MC is first)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, Nintendo HAS stated that there are separate timelines over and over again, so I can't really agree with the "What if" statement. Besides, whatever happened in OoT seems to make sense, so I just go with the timeline thing. Mario can't have a timeline, because most of his games really have the same story with no continuity besides SMW2 Yoshi's Island & Yoshi's Island DS (sorta). For Mario, it is save Peach 100% of the time, and the other 0%...he is eating pasta.

If there wasnt one I wouldnt get upset. I like the way it is. They get more freedom to what they do for the storyline in zelda. But it is kinda cool to think of how it all adds up lol.

EDITED. Im not asking if theirs a mario timeline. im just comparing mario and zelda how there is a bunch of games for them but no timeline.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Even then, though, Mario seems to have no games that relate to another, and Zelda games kinda DO relate to each other. IDK.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Zelda does have a timeline. Why else would Aonuma try to imply things in the games? Anyway, Nintendo likes to send a letter out to timeline theorists (like myself) who send theirs in. It says that the opening lines of Wind Waker are their way to say "You guys don't know it so just wait till we release it." It says that there is "no possible way that the games can fit together."
Anyone else think that's just BULL?!?!?!?!?!

B

BawssOne

I really do hope there IS a Zelda timeline. The series is already epic, but that would add even more to it. But if it doesn't, I think I can deal with that. I've been a LOZ fan for YEARS now, and I'm ALWAYS going to love these games! Timeline or not!

There really does seem to be a timeline though...whether it was by mistake or not...things do fit together quite nicely. :)

Pinecove

Last Chance
Aonuma said:
To me storyline is important, and as producer, I am going to be going through, and trying to bring all of these stories together, and kind of make them a little bit more clear. Unfortunately, we just haven’t done that yet.

There is a timeline. It just isn't complete yet.

D

DrunkenCoke

its true the timeline is not complete yet but what many fans are not understanding is this:

Majoras Mask was a sequel to the end of OOT but not when link kills ganondorf. It is the sequel to the end when zelda gives link a chance to live his childhood. This brought up many theories of the timeline but the real thing is there are 2 timelines. Theres 1 timeline for young link and another timeline for adult link. So what they should do is to fix 2 different timeline not mix them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom