• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What I Want

yes its another one of those lists, here goes.

1) An amazing storyline that draws you in (like twilight princess did): all zeldas have had amazing storylines but just SOMETIMES they didnt draw you in as much without you forcing it, e.g in oot (oh boy im gonna killed for pointing out a single bad thing in the game, possibly the only bad thing in the game, its not even that big.) when saria sees you again after saying goodbye, she didnt exactly act as though she missed link or she was excited to see him again. small bad thing, but they seemed to have learnt from their mistakes, also the storyline in OOT, TP and WW were just amazing, fav storylines from any game ive ever played and fav 3 games ever played.

2) dont overcomplicate things: this is a flaw a lot of games have such as kingdom hearts 358/2 days (which in my opinion was a massive disappointment) anyway, they give you too much to be able to customise and it makes it confusing and i just dont bother with it until im about half way through the game or something. in kingdom hearts 358/2 days, it took me a while to get used to this customizing panels thingy and overall felt the game was extremely repetitive (just my opinion)
thankfully no zelda game has suffered from this flaw but I get the feeling they might go over the line after doing the special moves in twilight princess which was absolutely amazing, would love to see that again (with a few different moves, dont mind if they recycle a few but would want to see more new than recycled).

3) Make link walk a bit faster when moving and aiming his bow and arrow: being able to finally move and aim your bow and arrow was just amazing, just make him walk a little bit faster please cos he was a bit slow in TP.

4) Bring back the mixing arrows with bombs: Oh please do, i loved that.

5) Swimming freely doesnt get repetitve, unless the whole game is swimming which i might have to kill nintendo for if they do that: theyve only really used it twice, in majoras mask ( zora mask) and in twilight princess (zora tunic) loved it, love to see it again.

6) Voice acting (not for link but everyone else): PLEASE (and no dont hire ANYONE that works to philips to do the job, stay AWAY from them.

7) More Interactions on the main field: oot started off, it was great, we had a fair number of interactions in hyrule field, man doing excersize 24/7, poes and a few hidden places, it was nice. Majoras mask was a great improvement, with slightly more interactions if i remember correctly, unfortunatly TP was worse than both, had less interactions than both. Please put more but dont overcrowd it with too many.

8) as good quality sound, if not even better than the quality in TP: recycling some old music we loved from the other games is great, would love to see that but its even more important to make new music, great music, something nintendo are known for doing in zelda games and so far havent ever let us down here, they rarely ever do with zelda games.

9) Eponas control (if shes in the game): it was great in TP, keep it up, and I love being able to use items with epona rather than just being able to use a bow and arrow, would love to see that again

and lastly my dream come true
10) Online free mode: If this is included, however much unlikely as it seems, i would fly to japan and kiss Miyamoto. Similar to GTA4s online free mode where the game is just the same however there are real players there which you can work with or fight with. this would just be amazing, have safe zones where players cant attack each other. limit the number of players to a fair amount depending on how big the overworld is so it doesnt get too overcrowded.
I just have this vision in my mind of players chasing each other with epona, shooting arrows, playing dirty, having sword fights just like in oot, dark link vs link and doing sidequests together.
this to me would be a dream come true, but i think most people would disagree with me here and think it just wont work, plus theres like a 1% chance that they have even considered this, just wanted to share it with you.

well thats it really, opinions are appreciated.

6) Voice acting (not for link but everyone else): PLEASE
Oh god, I pray they never do this. This is one of the reasons I cling to the Zelda series, as they haven't taken out that aspect of imagination like most other game series yet. Plus, voice acting is terrible in video games. In practice, the soundtrack of the dialogue parts of the games just ends up just being people saying the first half of a sentence one after another, getting cut off, since most people read much faster than video game voice actors tend to voice act.
10) Online free mode: If this is included, however much unlikely as it seems, i would fly to japan and kiss Miyamoto. Similar to GTA4s online free mode where the game is just the same however there are real players there which you can work with or fight with. this would just be amazing, have safe zones where players cant attack each other. limit the number of players to a fair amount depending on how big the overworld is so it doesnt get too overcrowded.
I just have this vision in my mind of players chasing each other with epona, shooting arrows, playing dirty, having sword fights just like in oot, dark link vs link and doing sidequests together.
this to me would be a dream come true, but i think most people would disagree with me here and think it just wont work, plus theres like a 1% chance that they have even considered this, just wanted to share it with you.
There is only one Link. Zelda is not meant to be an MMO. Go play WoW if you want that.

Everything else I agree with.

well about number 10, different tunics different swords etc would distinguish the different links wouldnt it. i know zelda isnt supposed to be an MMO but it worked in GTA4 and would be a nice feature, plus id want it in hyrule (or wherever the game sets at) with link.

there was more than one link in the four swords games and phantom hourglass and i think ST.

anyway just something id love to see but most likely never will

I always enjoyed the "voice acting" of the Zelda games! Those grunts are kind of artistic, they give personality without the need of a real language.
Well, of course, Nintendo may surpass our expectations with a really good and convincing voice acting.

But I think almost everybody agrees about this: LINK MUST NOT TALK! xD

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I actually like all your points , to be fair any of them wouldn't be a bad addition.

One thing I would love is if in this game they might actually be able to link the story to previous games without the cheesy tapestry cutscenes in the intro.
Or, they could go one step ahead, and incorporate this new story around one of the previous stories but actually relate characters to it and perhaps even go back in time??

I dunno, it's just that for me, the Zelda series has kept me inticed with it's loosely fitted ( but incredible ) storyline!

Some good points there, Dragmire. I wouldn't mind the voice acting, but I kind of like not having it, similar to StrangeWig.

I think Zelda could do with some new features and ideas, but I do also agree that they shouldn't overcomplicate things, so I sort of agree with you 50-50 on that.

As for the online mode, I'm actually not one to dismiss the idea, unlike a lot of other people. I've considered the idea of an online Zelda. However, I don't think it would work well within a normal Zelda game like you seem to be suggesting. I'd be all for an online Zelda game, but I think it should be a separate game, kinda like an MMORPG but with Zelda gameplay instead of traditional RPG gameplay. :)

I always enjoyed the "voice acting" of the Zelda games! Those grunts are kind of artistic, they give personality without the need of a real language.
Well, of course, Nintendo may surpass our expectations with a really good and convincing voice acting.

But I think almost everybody agrees about this: LINK MUST NOT TALK! xD
Finally! Someone else who agrees with me on this! As cool as voice acting could be, and as sure as I am that they'd be able to do it well, I really liked all the weird grunting and other noises. The way Zelda has done it so far has it's own style, and I'd be really sad to see it go. :(

Some people have suggested that Link should talk. I think there was an article about it over on Zelda Universe. I myself don't agree. I like Link as a Silent Protagonist.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
1) An amazing storyline that draws you in (like twilight princess did): all zeldas have had amazing storylines but just SOMETIMES they didnt draw you in as much without you forcing it, e.g in oot (oh boy im gonna killed for pointing out a single bad thing in the game, possibly the only bad thing in the game, its not even that big.) when saria sees you again after saying goodbye, she didnt exactly act as though she missed link or she was excited to see him again. small bad thing, but they seemed to have learnt from their mistakes, also the storyline in OOT, TP and WW were just amazing, fav storylines from any game ive ever played and fav 3 games ever played.

We need not worry about that as Nintendo is known for this with the Zelda series.

2) dont overcomplicate things: this is a flaw a lot of games have such as kingdom hearts 358/2 days (which in my opinion was a massive disappointment) anyway, they give you too much to be able to customise and it makes it confusing and i just dont bother with it until im about half way through the game or something. in kingdom hearts 358/2 days, it took me a while to get used to this customizing panels thingy and overall felt the game was extremely repetitive (just my opinion)
thankfully no zelda game has suffered from this flaw but I get the feeling they might go over the line after doing the special moves in twilight princess which was absolutely amazing, would love to see that again (with a few different moves, dont mind if they recycle a few but would want to see more new than recycled).

Indeed. Overcomplication makes things bad.

3) Make link walk a bit faster when moving and aiming his bow and arrow: being able to finally move and aim your bow and arrow was just amazing, just make him walk a little bit faster please cos he was a bit slow in TP.

Meh I never really cared about that. I was just happy to be able to aim while walking.

4) Bring back the mixing arrows with bombs: Oh please do, i loved that.

Agreed.

5) Swimming freely doesnt get repetitve, unless the whole game is swimming which i might have to kill nintendo for if they do that: theyve only really used it twice, in majoras mask ( zora mask) and in twilight princess (zora tunic) loved it, love to see it again.

I agree on this too.

6) Voice acting (not for link but everyone else): PLEASE (and no dont hire ANYONE that works to philips to do the job, stay AWAY from them.

Well why not have voice acting for Link? They've been giving him a voice since OoT and really if they can do that why couldn't they let him actually talk? But I do agree: I want voice acting in the Zelda series eventually (I know the Cd-i Zeldas had voice acting but those games sucked royally).

7) More Interactions on the main field: oot started off, it was great, we had a fair number of interactions in hyrule field, man doing excersize 24/7, poes and a few hidden places, it was nice. Majoras mask was a great improvement, with slightly more interactions if i remember correctly, unfortunatly TP was worse than both, had less interactions than both. Please put more but dont overcrowd it with too many.

Agreed. A busy overworld with lots of stuff to do is a good thing.

8) as good quality sound, if not even better than the quality in TP: recycling some old music we loved from the other games is great, would love to see that but its even more important to make new music, great music, something nintendo are known for doing in zelda games and so far havent ever let us down here, they rarely ever do with zelda games.

You can expect that. I'm sure.

9) Eponas control (if shes in the game): it was great in TP, keep it up, and I love being able to use items with epona rather than just being able to use a bow and arrow, would love to see that again

I agree.

Hmm... well this could work if excuted properly... and I'd like it if you could interact with the other players to help or hinder them. Who knows maybe the plot could be about something like an overpowered Four Sword that splits Link into thousands of copies instead of four and have FSA style puzzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom