• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Has Happened To the Trading Sequence?

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
Trading sequences were in LA, OoT, OoA, OoS, WW, and PH. We haven't seen them in a while and I wonder why. Trading sequences were a great feature in Zelda games that led you to a better item in the end. Biggoron's Sword in OoT, The Noble Sword in the Oracle games, and the Boomerang in LA were the great prizes you received after you ran around giving people other people's former possessions. Then in WW, you got a Piece of Heart. And in PH, you got Prize Postcard. It seems that the newer games that actually had trading sequences had lamer prizes. Is this a reason why we haven't seen the likes of the trading sequence in a while? I don't know, but I found the Trading Sequence fun and in the end, rewarding (except WW and PH).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Trading sequences, otherwise known as fetch quests, are everywhere in the series. They just don't yield badawesome rewards like the Biggoron Sword. :I

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ya, I agree with pretty much everybody else here. Trading Sequences are cool, but are a waste of time IMO if the prize they yield is not worthwhile. So far, I've only really enjoyed the Biggoron Sword quest, because the reward was worth the trouble. In TWW, I almost gave up getting that Heart Piece because it is so freaking tedious! I would only like to see fetch quests in later titles if you get something cool for it. Otherwise, what's the point?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I like the Trade Sequences. The one in WW would have been better if they gave you the Heart Piece half way through and the Shield at the end instead of the opposite. if they have a trade sequence in a game, they need the final prize to be either a weapon or some type of armor or magic. thats just how i feel on the issue, and i would like to see it return in full!

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I miss the fetch quests, I always enjoy them, especially when they take you all over the overworld and cause you to interact with a wide variety of people, like in OoT and LA. It adds something to the overworld exploration when you have to keep track of these random tidbits that people will tell you because it might be a clue in the quest later on. I also like the story element it can add in terms of the implied relationships between NPCs.

In WW I believe you actually get the magic armor from the man who works at the shop in Windfall Island, which I did find to be pretty rewarding for the final battle. And also, I really would like to see them make a come back! Maybe not timed like OOT because then it is just a fetch quest, but like the ones in the other games which you can just casually do as you play through the game in order to receive a nice prize. I would love to see them in a new game, but i'm not sure why they're gone to begin with. I never saw many complaints about an extra thing to do that isn't mandatory.

i liked the trading sequence in WW but the biggeron Sword in OoT was hard as hell =[

I dont mind if they do or dont come back but if they come back i'd like them not to have time limits. let me go at it on my own accord like WW =]

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Yeah, I did this exact same thread while back. I suspect we'll be seeing them again. Heck, ST felt like a huge trading quest at certain points. I thoroughly enjoy them, and its a great way to create a sidequest without doing any tedious enemy rush or something.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I do love the trading sequences and I want them to come back very much. Some of the problems I find with sidequests in the Zelda series is that they aren't much of quests at all rather than short one time tasks people ask you to do. Trading sequences usually take a while and yield good rewards. I really liked the trading sequence in Link's Awakening. I personally would like to see them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom