• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What 'Girly'/'Boyish' Things Do You Wish You Could Do?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I was bouncing around on StumbleUpon last night when I came across this article which listed eleven 'girly' things that men wish they could do without being judged. I found it funny and interesting as well as agreeing with several of the activities listed.

Enter this thread. What activities that are typically associated with the opposite gender do you wish you could do without being judged and why?

---

Last winter I wore a pair of leggings I found around the house under my jeans to keep warm, and [blasphemous expletive] did they do an excellent job of making sure my legs stayed nice and toasty in the wind and snow. But when I told some of my friends about that I was accused of being "gay". Just because I wanted warm legs. Sad face. Leggings are just a vest for your legs but if I wear them I have to make sure no one finds out or else I face mockery and ridicule. It doesn't seem fair.

I chuckled at the guy wearing kitty ears to iHop.

Something I used to enjoy doing when I was younger was cross my legs while sitting. It was very comfortable. My parents told me it was inappropriate for a boy to sit that way, however, so I stopped.

Since you mentioned staying warm,I also used to wear scarves in elementary and middle school. Nowadays, I wouldn't dare for fearing of being labeled "gay".

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
1. Be able to express myself. Because I have admiration for some actors and their talent doesn't mean I can't be envious of their sex appeal.

2. Definitely want to be able to express myself in public in ways that don't involve me swearing or trying to punch someone.

3. I actually got some flak last year for wearing my Fourth Doctor Scarf to school, but the complaints stopped after I nearly choked someone to death with it.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Honestly, I really wish I was athletic/excited about sports. Despite my lazy nature and the fact that it's not exactly the most "boyish" thing I could want to do since there ARE girls that play sports, it would not only connect me with the rest of my family in one way but it would make me more active and therefore healthier.

I also enjoy wearing jeans and T-shirts. I don't get ostracized for it or anything, but I feel more comfortable in looser clothes and would prefer to wear that stuff instead of "girly" clothes.

There are two things that I'd like that are impossible, though, and they are growing facial hair and having a low voice. I think that I would enjoy having a beard, even if it was for just one day, and having a lower voice is not only attractive but it would make me able to sing in a much wider range.

And you know what? I think it would be fun to pee standing up.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Nothing really. I don't let my gender control the things I want to do.

The only thing I could think of that might be considered "girly" is showing emotion. I always have a blank expression on my face and you can never tell what I'm feeling just by looking at me. I wish I could change that so I don't look sad when exciting things are happening. :P

None. I don't care if I'm judged. I'll do what I please. :P

List of some girly things I do (off the top of my head) that I might be judged for:

• Liking Twilight
  • Liking romance stories a lot in general
  • Liking My Little Pony
  • Having long hair
  • Being into clothes and outfit design
  • Being REALLY into outfit design and literally forgoing better equipment in RPGs NOT because it looks worse but because it GOES WORSE with my other items

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm not really scared to be myself and whatnot and usually I just poke fun at a couple girlish tendencies I kind of have. For example, liking chick flicks and tidying up. It doesn't bother me to be honest.

Though if there were some things... (I can't think of that many at the moment)

- Wearing Heels: I mean come on, who wouldn't want to be 5 or 6 inches taller? I'd be literally a giant as I would stand a respectable 6ft 7.
- Rocking Pink: Hell yeah I could rock some pink.
- Pillow Fights: What?? Pillow fights are cool, man.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Being able to use tampons and shave my entire body without getting judged would both be really nice.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Being able to walk into a clothing store and have whatever clothes I want to wear be available in MY size without being shunned to the "fatty department" (I'm not even that large, about size 14-16 in the US system - I think). I once compared the actual physical size of mens jeans with womens jeans by holding two pants of the same size up against one another. The woman's pants was about half as large as the men's pants with the same exact number... which just illustrates how men can come in any size, while women are not allowed to without being labelled...

Would also have liked it being okay to have body hair... guys don't realize how good they have it when it comes to shaving...

onebizarrekai

gay energy
A topic like this raises the question…

How come girls can be tomboys without a problem but it's not really accepted for it to be the other way around?

I don't really have any problems with the way I behave. I'm trying to get more comfortable with acting like myself in public so people know who I really am rather than just seeing the 'girly' side of me. I hope the majority of people I know are aware that I don't have a very 'girly' way of thinking. I don't spend very much time with the way I look, and I usually just pull my hair back into a ponytail. I'm really carefree, I like getting things done on my own, and I'm always trying to be strong. So, I can do all these things, and people won't judge me for it even though I'm a girl who you could say acts like a guy.

I just don't really understand it sometimes. It seems like guys are very restricted as to what they can do.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Crying. I wish I could openly cry in front of people if I am watching something sad or such. Sadly, this would definitely be labeled "gay" and not allowed. I mean, I still bawl my eyes out after a sad movie, but in the privacy of my own room of course

And I wish that I could compliment people of any gender on their appearance. Girls get to tell every girl how "pretty they look" or something like that and tell guys that they are looking good today or something. But guys can't compliment a girls appearance without totally hitting on her and if we compliment another male we are immediately homosexual. I can't be the only one who wishes they could do this.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
A lot of the time people seem to think being a guy means I'm obligated to avidly follow some football team

I get that, too. Every time I meet someone new they eventually ask, "What team do you support?", and every time I tell them, "I don't follow football." It generally gets the same reaction as when people find out that I don't drink alcohol: "What?! You don't watch footy?! What do you do, then?" The general assumption is that if you are male then you love at least one sport, and people generally find it odd when you say that you don't and potential topics for conversation immediately dry up. However, I do follow the World Cup when it's on, and the Olympics, and Wimbledon. I think because they are more like 'specal events' I find them interesting, whereas league football is just boring as watching some particularly dull paint dry on a remarkably featureless wall.

if [men] compliment another male we are immediately homosexual. I can't be the only one who wishes they could do this.

I get this as well. One of my friends genuinely thinks I'm gay purely because I said to him that Bradley Cooper is a handsome man. He ignores all the times I've told him that Susan Sarandon would still get it, that I only ever saw the third Harry Potter movie four times because of Emma Watson, that David Cameron's one redeemable feature is his gorgeous wife, or that the girl who works in the shop around the corner from my house is even prettier now that she's dyed her hair a lighter colour. The most frustrating part is that Bradley Cooper really is a handsome man. It's not like I'm saying that I personally find him attractive, just that he is attractive in general. But I guess that makes me gay...

Another one I will add is that I fudging love soft toys: Teddies, plushies, knitted dolls, whatever. Love 'em. I still have the first teddy I ever owned. It's a baby Mickey Mouse in pyjamas whose face used to light up when you squeezed him (but he hasn't done that in about seventeen years). I have Mario and Luigi plushies, a Link plushie (courtesy of ZD; it was actually the sole reason I joined the forum), Toad and Yoshi, several of the PG Tips Monkey, and many more. I got a Build-A-Bear as a birthday gift when I was 20 and it's still here, big blue bow and all. I used to hide them in drawers and boxes whenever people came over because I felt embarassed, but I couldn't be doing with the hastle after a while and so now I just leave them out. My friends actually think they're kind of fun, probably because they're not just little bears or farm animals, but characters they recognise, for the most part. But I do still feel slightly embarassed about them every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom