• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Generation Would You Like to have Been Born In?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
What generation would you have liked to be born in and why?

i say the early 50's because metal started in the 60's and i love metal!!

Last edited by a moderator:

octorok74

TETTAC
I'd would have liked to be born in, oh let's say, the generation my parents were born. That way I could experience Beatlemania for myself. Though I like living in this generation. People have really touched me here.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think I would probably enjoy living in my parents' generation. Things were simpler back then... (I think). And, the music back then didn't suck, either. However, I'm happy I was born when I was. After all, living in this time, I was able to meet my friends. That's been the greatest blessing in my life. I also have all my friends here on Zelda Dungeon too. Honestly, as long as I have my friends, it doesn't matter when I was born. All I need are my friends.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I agree with pretty much everyone above. My parents' generation. It...it would just be different than the crap that is today...

My parents were born during the 50's. They endured segregated schools, interracial marriage was illegal in a lot of places, you could be barred from entrering an establishment because you had long hair (hippies), women didn't have any property rights in marriage, there was the vietnam war where many a young man was drafted and killed and we got absolutely no where there. Yeah, my parents generation wasn't all honey and sugar. It's hard to imagine it now, but we are all a lot better off as a whole then we were years ago. We got a long way yet to go but in no way do I wish I grew up then and saw those horrible things with my own eyes.

If i had to choose, I would want to be born in the future when we've made even greater strides as human beings and maybe even an era of lasting peace.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My parents were born during the 50's. They endured segregated schools, interracial marriage was illegal in a lot of places, you could be barred from entrering an establishment because you had long hair (hippies), women didn't have any property rights in marriage, there was the vietnam war where many a young man was drafted and killed and we got absolutely no where there. Yeah, my parents generation wasn't all honey and sugar. It's hard to imagine it now, but we are all a lot better off as a whole then we were years ago. We got a long way yet to go but in no way do I wish I grew up then and saw those horrible things with my own eyes.

If i had to choose, I would want to be born in the future when we've made even greater strides as human beings and maybe even an era of lasting peace.

metal made me forget racial segregation and nam i now choose 1970's

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
1940's, that way I could be a teenager in the 50's, I'd want to be one of those rich kids with the chick at their side all the time, who punches the greaser who tries to hit on her. My mom was born in 1958 and her family was dirt poor (all of her 23 siblings and her had to pick cotton, mow lawns and pick pecans from the ground for a living at a very young age)

Dan

I'm happy with the generation I grew up in. Growing up with some of the best cartoons, such as Dexters lab, Courage the cowardly dog (He was cowardly btw) Batman the animated series, and other shizz. Oh and can't forget the games either :D

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I have a general dislike for most people of my generation (and maybe I shouldn't but that's just me) so although I enjoy internet (and the rest of technology bost mostly internet) I'd like to be born in the mid-30s and grow up in the 40s. I know there was the whole world war thing going but I really liked the style of that era, the music, the clothes, everything, and it would have been neat to live in that time.

if not that then I settle for being born 10-15 years earlier so it'd be legal for me to marry tom hiddleston and joseph gordon-levitt and god knows who else

I was born in the late-ish 80s so was too young to remember them but I'd have loved to have lived through the 80s as a 20-something to enjoy the music and fashion and interesting social and economic changes and actually be able to have opinions about the world rather than pointless pop-culture.

As it stands though, i was sentient through the 90s, got some legendary cartoons, good, embarrassing and cringeworthy music (often all at the same time) to live through instead but i aint complaining, (8) because its like that and thats the way it is (8)

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I would have liked to been born earlier in the 90's, as I turned 3 in 1998 so the decade didn't last long from what I remember. Why? because I pretty much love everything about it.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm quite happy with when I was born. I got born just in time for the gaming consoles to enter the market, and also several great TV shows got launched during my childhood and teen years. Today's kid and teen shows are more often crap than not. If I were to wish to be born in a different decade then maybe 60-70's, just so that I could get the advantage of the echonomical developments in my country (it's much harder to buy a house or an apartment now than it was a couple of decades ago). But all in all I'm quite happy with the decade I was born (mid-80s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom