• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Was It That Got You into Gaming?

bellum

Gamer since age 2
This one buzzlightyear game for PS. And don't get me wrong, but it was a good game. It was a lot more violent than it's rating, I can tell you that^^.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
It would be the first Super Mario for me, that i played at a friend's place. that was the very first console game i played. So i decided to save money to buy my own console when i was a kid, and well, as a kid money saving takes a really long time. But after the N64 came out, then i didn't wanted the SNES anymore and continued saving money until i owned a N64.

Well my family had gone through many a nes in the 90's but when we got the snes is when i really started playing so Super Mario Land and Super Mario All Stars. Before the 2-1 game.

Z

Zelza

has to be street fighter for me lol if that really counts :P as for online gaming WoW was my first and still is, only play world of warcraft as for MMOs

Zel

Super Metroid on the SNES. First video game I ever played. Loved them ever since.

Thinking back on it, that was a good game to get introduced to video games with. Even today, that's one of my favorite games. ^^

Kybyrian

I'm going to be perfectly honest whenever I say Ocarina of Time. It was one of my first video games, and it just wowed me. Well, I was only around 8 at that time so I guess it didn't really wow me. It was more of a, "Did you see that thing explode and that giant eyes and those spiders and the burning webs!" sort of thing.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Eh... I can't remember the name exactly. I think it was The Lone Ranger or something like that. For the NES. I was like two or three at the time.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Super Mario Bros.

My parents originally bought a NES for my sister. Yet she hardly ever played on it. A few years later I was born. :P In a sense I kinda grew up with the NES. He was like a friend to me, someone who understood my feelings, y'know? Oh yes, we talked for hours. Words like "brah", and "goo-goo" were no exception. Then something terrible happened: my parents sold the NES. I cried for days, weeks even. Until they bought me a SNES, that is... ;)

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Then something terrible happened: my parents sold the NES. I cried for days, weeks even. Until they bought me a SNES, that is... ;)

I have no idea what happened to our NES. One day when I was looking for it, it was just gone. I know it wasn't stolen. Because that never happens in that tiny town. It is a mystery... I was upset. But then soon bought me a Game Boy for Easter in 1994. And with it, Link's Awakening. But that's another story.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Hmmmm what got me into gaming? I have a combination of what got me into gaming. When I was like 3-4 years old id play my grandmas SNES/NES, and I loved it. I remember always teasing my big sister because she was horrible at Duck Hunt :P. There was another game I played but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me...but I found it really fun too.

On the other side of things, my aunt had a Sega Genesis, and I used to play Sonic Spinball (really a great twist on pinball) and Sonic 2. I remember we would spend like 5 hours at her house ont he weekends and Id be in the basement sitting on the floor playing Sonic.

ALSO arround this time was when I got my N64. I played the crap out of that thing. I mean from using my allowance for renting games for my freinds/movie stores, to sneeking up late at night to play, all I have is good memories with that thing. As I have stated in other threads, me and my friends used to have SSB/Mario Kart tournaments for candy or whatever we had.

So I guess Mario Bros on the NES got me started gaming, but multiple other things got me hooked. The N64 was like the final nail that made me a gamer.

C

CuMcL

Donkey Kong Country. Not the SNES version though, the GBC remake. It wasn't the first game I played, but it was the first good game I played. I got it for Christmas in 2000 and quickly became addicted to eating bananas and jumping on crocodiles.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
For me it wasn't a game, but rather my N64. Sure, I had played the Nes, but that was only like SMB/2/3 and AoL.
With my N64 I ended up with about 9 games, so I had spread out a little bit. I'm not a huge gamer, so, for me 9 games is a lot. :P

Our cousins had an NES at their house and we'd play it there. After that, my Dad gave us a choice of a NES or a Sega, we chose NES.

That's also when the Nintendo fanboyism began.

M

martynj

Super mario bros 3 definately. I spent so much time on it as well as the majority of my family :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom