• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1704096429361.png

I've been on a bit of a re-binge of Undertale, but recently played through the entirety of Undertale Yellow, a fan-made prequel detailing the underground adventures of the human who fell in before Frisk. It's pretty good. Something about the writing isn't quite as charming and the monster fights aren't as well designed, but dang if there isn't a lot of care put into it.

Started off the new year with this little game called Deluge. There’s your popular games made in RPG maker everyone knows about, and surely plenty others, but I don’t play many at all myself, so it was an interesting experience. The guy who made it, Riggy2k3, found him doing pretty laid back streams, so I figured why not try it out? Not really into horror but it was mostly manageable. Strong atmosphere, nice world building for such a short game, most every mechanic was pretty tight knit and it really felt like a creative exercise built with very real constraints for someone doing it as a hobby.

Also had just started this other indie, Sword of the Vagrant, after hearing another youtuber, food4dogs, say she’d been playing it. Really interesting stuff so far, hits a sort of niche not typically filled as much with its character design. A bit clunky and text is real small sadly, but stuff I can work around, really feel the skills might help a lot. Surprised because I’m not interested in a lot of other stuff she’s played, like visual novels and such.

And lastly, well, yet to actually touch it, but once again real nice this time of year to learn about gems from others’ top 10 lists. This one I got from SuperGreatFriend. Something very nostalgic looking, called Void Stranger. Really piqued my interest with how Gameboyey it looked, so I’ll likely try it on the morning.

I'm playing through Minecraft from Alpha version 1.2.5 to the current release of Minecraft. Only because the current launcher is very glitchy when it comes to updating really old versions of Minecraft. For example: I changed the version of the world from update beta 1.1_02 to beta 1.2, and this happened to all the oak leaves. So once I get to the update where birch and spruce saplings are introduced, I'm going to have a field day, lol.

Attachments

• 20240102_182123.jpg
    20240102_182123.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 2
Void Stranger…neat concept and love to see retro style being used so well, but man is it way more cryptic than even the original Zelda or Metroid, forget Dark Souls.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've been playing through the second part of the Pokemon Violet DLC. I've pretty much completed the main story of the DLC and the Pokedex but now I am doing some extra couple of things I can like catching legendaries which don't fall into the dex.

Thinking about trying out the Sword/Shield DLC after this one since I never got around to that.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I'm playing Bug Fables, Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, Devil May Cry: Peak of Combat and Pokemon GO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom