• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Easter Eggs Would You Like to Discover in SS?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
What are "easter eggs"? Simple. Little "surprises" hidden randomly throughout video games that don't necessarily have anything to do with the game itself. They're usually nods to previous games. What kinds of Easter eggs would you like to stumble across in SS?

G

Gaspra

I'd LOVE some reference to a fan theory being made fun of subtly, something especially cheeky like Under the Well being shown as a daycare or some other non-threatening thing. Anything that shows Nintendo listens to its fans :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'd LOVE some reference to a fan theory being made fun of subtly, something especially cheeky like Under the Well being shown as a daycare or some other non-threatening thing. Anything that shows Nintendo listens to its fans :)

Now THAT would be amusing to say the least! Interesting idea.

But, I was thinking something along the lines of a painting in a dungeon or palace or temple or something that suspiciously resembles Din, the Oracle of Seasons. Something along those lines.

MrLuigi

Theorist
A Waluigi and Wario look alike that are ranchers that challenge Talon and Ingo. That's only if they reuse character models, which probably won't happen.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I would definitely want to see some easter eggs to prove that SwS is the prequel of OoT. Other than that, I will be crossing my fingers, and hoping for a slurpee machine. :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I don`t want the classic ``It`s dangerous to go alone, take this`` It`s been overused, maybe a reference to a character from a game that comes after it in the timeline. That would confuse the theorists :)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
If anything I guess I'd like a reference to previously released Zelda games... possibly OoT, MM, classic games that not many people play these days. I liked the Easter Egg in OoT of the carving of Link fighting Ganon in the base of the tree of Link's house.

Djinn

and Tonic
Any subtle reference to a previous game would be great. Especially the sidequest ones like Four Swords, Minish Cap, or Link's Awakening.

Something like a small picture of Vaati on a wall in a temple, or some kinds in a village playing with a toy four sword. Also since this is a prequel how about some references to later characters like a Hylian kid that is planning on going into the forest to look for fairies that is dressed a lot like the skull kid. You could also meet Fado or Laruto before they became tied to keeping the master sword in power. Or the Poe sisters still alive and living in a village somewhere. You would have to remember their names to get it, and those are the fun easter eggs to discover. Normally you find them on a second time playing through.

Other than that I fully expect to see the Sheikah Eye on some more mysterious objects and locations. There are plenty of other symbols that could appear like the wind symbol on the sail Link uses in WW, or the symbol on the knight's crest actually worn by a knight and not a Darknut.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I would like to see Mario enemies in 3D Zelda games, especially Goombas and Bob-ombs. And please, no answers like "play Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2". I still remember Link's Awakening, but that was in 2D.

Also, I would like to see breakable candles with contents like rupees or ammo, becuase Link will have a whip. Yeah, Zelda does Castlevania.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Defnitily Pikmin we saw some in Spirit Tracks and maybe some Mario ones like a Cheep-Cheep or something, as for other nah I dont think so

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Wow, I like this thread. Ummm, a nod to a future console? As this one's approaching its Twilight Years.

I like the idea of a popular fan-born idea. But what fan-born idea is big enough for Nintendo to have heard? o_O

I also liked the little nods to uneasiness of play control expressed pre-release. Such as in PH (or was it ST?) where a skeleton regrets ever having questioned the idea that Link should be controlled using buttons and not the stylus.

A Mario one is almost inevitable, in one form or another.

Something topical?

And of course, given its premise, some sort of knowing nod towards the Oocca or Sheikah (as the Sheikah are said to be the intermediary link between the Hylians and the Oocca). Post back here after release to see who was right, hmmm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom