• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Dungeon/Temple Could You Or Couldn't You Get Yourself Through If You Were Link?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Okay, this is basically a 'What if you were Link' kind-of thread, except instead of asking how you would react if you were Link and had to go on an adventure and so forth, I'm asking more about a certain part of his adventure. More specifically, the dungeons and temples. So for all of you guys and girls reading this, I'm basically asking this, "If you were Link, what dungeon or temple could you or couldn't you find yourself getting through and why?".

Put yourself in Link's shoes and imagine yourself going through the dungeons that our Hero has been through in all of the games released thus far. We all know that he's been through some that are creepy, downright scary in some cases, and are filled to the brim with monsters. He's also been through some water dungeons/temples (curse those places!), fire dungeons/temples, and other types of dungeons and temples that hold things that some people can be afraid of (ie: water, fire, etc.). He's also been through some that are pretty weird and can be disgusting (ie: Jabu Jabu's Belly). There are also some others that I can't think of at this moment that Link has also been through.

Anyway, let me kick this off by answering my own question with my list of dungeons and temples that I couldn't find myself getting through if I was in Link's shoes:

Jabu Jabu's Belly- (OoT)- The reason why I couldn't get myself through this one is because of the simple fact of where it's located. I'm sorry, but there's no way I'd go inside a giant fish's body in order save Ruto. Not for a million rupees.

Shadow Temple- (OoT)- The obvious reasons apply for why this appears on my list. I'd have nightmares for weeks if I went into that place.

Stone Tower Temple- (MM)- Although this is my favorite dungeon in the Zelda series, I couldn't get myself completely through it. I'd be fine during the first half, but when it comes to turning the place upside down in order to finish it, sorry, but I couldn't do it. I have a fear of heights and I couldn't get myself through it knowing that if I made the wrong move, I'd be falling into outer space.

Arbiter's Grounds- (TP)- The reason why for this being on my list is simply because of the fact that you have to find creepy-looking poes in this dungeon in order to get further.

City in the Sky- (TP)- Mainly because of my fear of heights. I wouldn't get through it knowing that if I fell, I'd eventually meet the ground in a very unpleasant way.

Palace of Winds- (MC)- Another one with my fear of heights being the reason why I couldn't get through it.

And there's my list.

And also I did search before to see if there was a thread like this and I didn't find one. Knowing my luck, I might've missed it though. If I did, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Depends on if I have a fairy companion to magically help me Z-target. If not, then if I'm being perfectly honest, I couldn't make it through any of them. They all require hand-eye coordination. I'd run out of seeds for my slingshot early on and then face death by deku baba or something sad like that.

Pretending that I had the opportunity to grow in strength as Link, in OoT there's a chance I could make it as far as the fire temple (I might get stuck earlier, but I'd have to jog my memory what some of the other dungeons required). Obtaining the megaton hammer would do me in - remember that you have to hit a switch and then run up that narrow ledge to get the chest before the fire comes back on? I'd fail at that because I, too, have a fear of heights, and there was a huge drop-off on one side.

In TP, I wouldn't make it out of the forest temple - I'd run screaming from the room the moment one of those giant spiders fell from the ceiling. I know there are skulltalas in OoT too, but they stay in one place! You just have to stand there and wait for them to turn around. In TP, though, I'd never be able to will myself close enough to fight it off.

In Wind Waker I'd probably never make it past the stealth part of the forsaken fortress - far too klutzy. It'd be like one of those comedies where one person tells the other "Shh!" and you nod and promptly crash over furniture. Of course, this is also at the beginning of the game.

...Yeah, it's a good thing Link is the protagonist and not me. :P

D

Darktimeleader

The only one I would is Ganons tower in OoT. I would be like "Oh CRAP, NOT A GIANT LIZARD!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!OH CRAP IT HAZ SWORDS TOO! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

P

Phantom Ganon

Well the sheer fact that I got through Water Temple in about 80 minutes unlike the great Deku Tree. How the hell was I supposed to know that you were supposed to jump of the highest point Z targeting the air and tap B. Probably the most embarrassing Legend of Zelda moment for me.

I had a killer time going through the deku tree becuase-
I didn't know you could burn that web in the basement with the fire

Hard time in Jabu Jabu's Belly because-
I didn't know you had to bring princess ruto into the room with the spiritual stone. I finally did it by accident and I was very happy

The Forest Temple because-
The boss was super difficult

The Water Temple because-
Well... enough said lol

Shadow Temple because- Shooting the bomb arrows across that dark pit to hit the bomb flowers, ya that took me forever to get!

Of course I was 8 years old when i finally beat it so I was very happy, and no guide! I guess it woulda helped if I read lol

THEN
Great Bay Temple because- It was bloddy confusing the first time through aand the boss was the hardest boss ever! But I didn't know you could go in the water, so I beat him using the zora bomerang while staying on top of the platform the whole time.

Ice Palace in ALttP- I dunno why, it was just bloody hard lol

Turtle Rock in Link's Awakening- I could NOT figure out that secret wall you had to blow up until I was a bit older I came back and looked at my map and found the one room I needed to get too, and I realized there was no door on any of the four sides so I used BOMBS!!!!

The Great Palace in Adventure of Link- By far the hardest dungeon in Zelda history without using a guide

(Pretty much every dungeon in the first two NES games were killer, except the first few)

AND YA, those are the temples that took me a very very long time to beat. I beat TP in 5 days and WW was easy. Only ALttP, LA, the two NES ones, and the two N64 ones were the ones I had trouble with. The rest were a breeze.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
In reality, I most likely don't have the upper body strength as link, making nearly all of the temple's impossible. I think I could do the woodfall temple from Majora's Mask and possibly the Death Mountain temple from Ocarina of Time. I agree with the others, if i didn't have Z targeting, I would completly fail. Assuming I could use masks like link in Majora's such as the Goron mask ect. I think I could do it. The one temple out of them all that I think I couldn't do would probably be the Shadow temple and Stone temple, being that heights are involved during combat.
~Hearing the Song of Time,
~The Seventh Hierarch o.o

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Lol im confident i'd do most temples cept the shadow temple and any water ones

Shadow temple: COZ I'D BE CRAPPING MAHSELF OVER THE FLOORMASTERS AND WALLMASTER AND DIDJA SSEEE THA SHADO BEAST RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
Water based dungeons: can't swim so i'd get killed in 5 seconds flat and get eaten

If I was the "Hero", and people were counting on me I'm pretty confidant I'd be able to pull through and confront most of the challenges. Three significant obstacles though:

Stone Tower Temple, the Palace of Winds and the City in the Sky.

For one prime reason: Vertigo. I have something of a fear of heights and can occasionally get mildly dizzy. While it's not something I can't push through, consider the life or death situations I'd be in and how a single mistake could lead to me plunging to my doom. :xd:

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I admit, I'd have a horrible time attempting to go through Jabu-Jabu's Belly, because I'm horribly squeamish and wandering around through some random creature's intestines is not my cup of tea. And if you even tried to make me go through the Shadow Temple, I'd run out screaming the second I saw my first ReDead.

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
My biggest problem would be the water temple.......why?!?...because it is the hardest temple in the whole series silly -_-'

Well, I probably couldn't get through any of the temples in Zelda. Being realistic, I'd be scared out of my wits even if it was just the Deku Tree.
However, Beyond that, there are several that I would really hate having to go through:

- Any type of Crypt-like or Graveyard-like place (such as Under the Well [OoT], Shadow Temple [OoT], Ancient Tomb [OoA], Royal Crypt [MC], Ikana [MM], Earth Temple [WW], etc.). The fear factor would just be too much.

- Overly high places (such as The City in the Sky [TP], Palace of Winds [MC], Some places in the Forest Temple [TP]). I don't think my fear of heights is too bad, but if I was that high up, I would freak out. Especially in the windy places in The City in the Sky. Or swinging across ropes (by way of monkeys, no less) in the Forest Temple. That would be nerve racking to say the least.

- The Temple of the Ocean King. Having to sneak around the Phantom's (and knowing that if you're detected, they can kill you with a single slash) would be difficult, and knowing that I have a limited amount of time before my life starts to be sucked away would make it worse. I'd never get through that place.

Other than that, I can't think of any ones I'd have a specifically hard time with.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Temples I'd Have Little To No Problem With:

Spirit Temple and Arbiter's Grounds. I was born and raised in southern Arizona, in the desert. These dungeons remind me a bit of home.

The Fire Temples. Again, born and raised in a very hot desert - I have no fear of Hell. I do pretty well in the heat.

Shadow Temple. I have an unusual tolerance/level of comfort around dead things. I enjoy cleaning and collecting animal bones. I grew up around a taxidermist uncle. I currently live across the street from a cemetary. I also love the tales of Edgar Allan Poe. I've often said on "Where would you live in Hyrule?" topics that I'd *live* in this temple.

Jabu Jabu's Belly. I find anatomy facinating. I even went to the Body Worlds exhibit when it came through town a few years ago. Going through a dungeon made of living flesh and blood would... actually be rather facinating for me. I'd get to see the active inner workings of a living creature.

Temples that Link Can Take Without Me:

Any Ice Temple (The Ice Cavern, Snowpeak Mansion, Snowhead, etc). In real life, I *hate* ice. I love snow... but ice I do not do well with. I had a car accident once in the ice. I never learned to skate and can't stand the feel of my feet slipping out from under me... I HATE THE SENSATION OF FALLING. If you're sure-footed and are walking with me on an icy path, I will cling to you like grim death. I may even ask you to carry me. I even find Link slipping around in these dungeons in the game aggravating - I couldn't handle it if I were actually in his boots.

Sky City and Stone Tower. Oddly enough, I actually like high places - looking out over scenery and such... I just don't like the chance of falling. As I've said, I hate the sensation - stomach dropping and all. I can't ride roller coasters. In fact, after the incident that happened to me this winter (falling down a flight of stairs) I'm almost phobic about falling. Dealing with Argorock the dragon in Sky City is something.... that's fun on screen but I'll leave up to Link, the man who has no fear.

Water Temples. I'd get so frustrated I'd just kill everything and the sulk in a corner about not being able to find this or that damned key. Pretty much what happens when I play the games, but I eventually figure it out. I could see myself in real life just running myself through with the Master Sword out of pure frustration.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I re-read and decided to post again in a quick little short.

1.) *me*, runs into temple "dude, this is so cool, gonna kill evil stuff and fight temple bo....SMACK!!!!!! *gets hit by skulltula

2.) Then I would proceed to limp away using a choice select of words yelling about my injuries from such said skulltula

3.) *me, balancing on something in temple* "Okay, just gotta.... SLIP!!!!

4.) *me, after falling of such said high thing with many broken bones*

5.) gameover.jpg

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom