• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want to have written on your Tombstone?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I’d rather be cremated so that my loved ones could have things made with my ashes if they wanted to.

I have a beautiful ring made with my beloved kitty’s ashes and I haven’t taken it off since the moment I got it in 2017 (Ashes Into Glass in the UK).

I’ve heard there’s ways to like, use your ashes to plant a tree so that’s a really nice idea too.

here’s my pretty ring for reference! :)

View attachment 70638
ooh my cuzs did that eith my cuz the boys got rings and the girls got necklaces....

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I too prefer to be cremated, but, I do love me a fun rhyming epitaph, so here's some that I found amusing.

From a Scottish Graveyard:

The children of Israel wanted bread
And the Lord sent them manna.
Old clerk Wallace wanted a wife,
And the Devil sent him Anna.

On the Tombstone of an Accident Victim in the Uniontown, Pennsylvania Cemetary:

Here lies the body
of Jonathan Blake
Stepped on the gas
Instead of the brake.

On the Tombstone of Anna Hopewell in Enosburg Falls, Vermont:

Here lies the body of our Anna
Done to death by a banana.
It wasn't the fruit that laid her low,
But the skin of the thing that made her go.

On Fred's Tombstone, Don't Know Where:

Here lies good ol' Fred.
A great big rock fell on his head.

Unknown Tombstone:

Caught for a robbery that I blundered
And thrown in jail for my failed plunder
For breaking the locks
They put me in a box
And now I lie buried six feet under.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
My first thought was something like "Congratulations on finding 1/1,000 collectables hidden across the world" or something in that vein, but then I decided that "Well done, my good and faithful servant" would be pretty cool to have.

Also, to those saying they want to be cremated so their families can have a part of them, you're not thinking big enough. Have your family keep your whole skeleton and put you out in the front yard each Halloween.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
My first thought was something like "Congratulations on finding 1/1,000 collectables hidden across the world" or something in that vein, but then I decided that "Well done, my good and faithful servant" would be pretty cool to have.

Also, to those saying they want to be cremated so their families can have a part of them, you're not thinking big enough. Have your family keep your whole skeleton and put you out in the front yard each Halloween.
Dress me up with a crown and robe!!

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
When I was a child, I always figured I didn't care to be buried under a tombstone but time and responsibility have convinced me that that would be a strictly selfish decision for me. I have people now who will want to visit to pay respects or whatever and while I don't care personally, it seems like the hight of conceit to tell my family I get to make the decision about what happens to my body when I no longer inhabit it.

As for how my epitaph will read...well, I heard a great nugget of wisdom regarding it. "Don't let 'potential' be written on your tombstone." Corny but wise. Hmmm...I've got it.

"In the end, he went like we all wish we could: quietly in his sleep with a smile on his lips...

...not screaming in terror like his passengers."

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Two things:

1. I want the tombstone itself to be giant statue of me.

2. I want the inscription to be a declaration of a massive, globe trotting treasure hunt, National Treasure style, with the promised reward being my fortune. Once the hunt is complete and the final clue has been solved, it will be revealed that my fortune consists of $1,000,000,000 worth of Arbys gift cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom