• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What do you want out of the boss battles in ZeldaU?

Zelda has had some pretty cool boss fights in the past. They're usually big buggers with decent designs that need some figuring out.

Some of them are spectacles in their own right and some are down right experimental like Stallord in TP.

ZeldaU hasn't had a revealed boss yet but what are you looking for in the fights? Do you want large spectacle? Experimentation?

What you hoping for?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Zelda has had some pretty cool boss fights in the past. They're usually big buggers with decent designs that need some figuring out.

Some of them are spectacles in their own right and some are down right experimental like Stallord in TP.

ZeldaU hasn't had a revealed boss yet but what are you looking for in the fights? Do you want large spectacle? Experimentation?

What you hoping for?

Stallord felt new to me when i fought him first but at the same time it wasn't the typical hit the eye fight we'd had up to that point him ans blizzeta were the best in TB because they weren't crappy eyes.

For Zelda U NO MORE GODDAMN EYES christ so many bosses with eyes as weakness' they freaking redid MM so all of them had eyes popping out.
I want a boss that HASN'T been done before nor a boss that's been done in the same game nor multiple fights with the boss OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

I'd like some bosses that are more based on combat, with multiple ways of killing them. I don't mind mind the "gimmick bosses" that require to figure out how to beat them, but I'd like if some of them were open to different approaches.

I would like interesting, challenging bosses. For the most part, Zelda has always been fairly simple. I think some of the harder bosses, for me, have been in A Link to the Past.

I would like there to be some bosses that emphasize specific things. So, some bosses would be more about the puzzle, with a cool and complex method for beating them that you have to think through and figure out. Then some could be more combat, with a much heavier emphasis on challenge of execution. And I want bosses to be deadly.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I would enjoy some humanoid bosses like Zant, Ghirahim, Ganondorf and Demise. I still want to see the behemoth sized ones but if there were more humanoid ones they would be much appreciated.

I want bosses that are fun to fight and challenging, where the damage they deal is more like the bosses in OOT than TP.

I would enjoy some humanoid bosses like Zant, Ghirahim, Ganondorf and Demise. I still want to see the behemoth sized ones but if there were more humanoid ones they would be much appreciated.

I want bosses that are fun to fight and challenging, where the damage they deal is more like the bosses in OOT than TP.

I cannot agree with you more. The boss fights should feel like boss fights, not just another enemy. In Twilight princess, none of the bosses were really challenging and they were heavily dependent on the dungeon item to beat them. To take your idea a bit further, the humanoid bosses should have more HP. they should take way longer to take down.

What do you want out of the boss battles in ZeldaU?
Originality.
I don't want to see the same thing rehashed over and over again.

No more of these already overused bosses:
  • Giant spider bosses
  • Seeing Andross in Hyrule
  • Magic beam tennis (Agahnim and Ganondorf are examples of this)
  • Triceratops and over sized Rhinos you have to kill by getting them to swallow bombs
  • Giant Octorock
  • etc etc
I think a horde battle would work nicely for a boss. A swarm of weaklings to beat. The one in SS was amazing, but the stamina meter wrekt it totally. Piss off that BS stamina meter and this kind of boss would work well. It's more a final battle than a single boss as Link would be fighting many many enemies all at once.

Also wou could do it Hyrule Warrios style but with a twist. Fight standard enemies powered up but the obvious way to beat them just hurts Link, not the enemy. So you have to do it the hard way. A new take on the enemies already in the game. I think that would be cool.

Salem

SICK
I don't want to see the "get item from dungeon, use item to stun boss then then use sword" pattern.

Epic

More Challenging

I know Nintendo has had a serious fetish for eyes since forever, but could we get less eyeball bosses please?

I'd love to see some cooler retro bosses make returns, like Manhandla or a bad ass Aquamentus.

Please no variation of Gohma or Helmasaur. I'm sick of em.

I'd love to see new designs.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
How about a boss that makes you question whether killing it is the right thing to do? I always felt bad about killing certain colossi in Shadow of the Colossus because they don't particularly fight back. If Zelda has the balls to make me feel like a bastard for killing one of the bosses the I will be ok with that. Bonus points if you don't realise killing it was bad until after. Like you kill a giant bird and then go into the next room to get your fused triforce medallion mask only to find your reward is in the middle of its nest of eggs/babies and they will die without their parent. or even worse, you have to break the eggs to get to the reward. You monster.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I really like the different stages of boss battles. I don't really like having a boss were you have to do the same thing over and over to kill it, it's repetitive. Stages give the boss battles more depth because you have to re-adapt and find a new way to injure the boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom