• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want out of Nintendo's next handheld

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
A wishlist:
  • HD display ; 720p
  • Good internet browser + streaming
  • Smoother interface w/ little loading
  • Virtual console for SNES, GBA, and N64 added.
  • A solid launch title (no Steel Diver)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Make the handheld and the console one. Buy one game, and it can be played on both.

I think the dual screen clam shell design should stay. The second screen has really helped clean up the HUD in most games.

Other than that, Nintendo should ditch the stereoscopic 3D and create an HD handheld with an OLED screen and better online functionality.

I really like the clam shell design, but if I wouldn't work with the top feature, I'd be fine with ditching it.

Making the handheld and the console completely interchangeable and usable together would be my top wish. Not saying Nintendo should make a handheld and a console that you have to have together, but, in a way similar to what the WiiU is already doing with the tablet controller it uses, if you have both "systems", you could play using the handheld as the controller, and when someone wants to steal the TV from you, or you want to go to a separate room or out of the house, you could take the game with you using the handheld. Perhaps Nintendo could offer packages that sell the two together, but also sell them separately for people who only want one or the other.

I also want them to ditch the 3D. I've honestly used it for all of maybe 5 minutes in my over 1000 hours clocked. It sometimes makes for some pretty cool cut scenes, but for the most part, it just gives me a headache. I'd much rather have HD over 3D.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
This would be great. Make it happen Nintendo!!

kWpNrD1.jpg

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I think that the dual screen design that Nintendo have used since the original DS is still very handy and I wouldn't want them to go back to the single screen design now. It is hard to think just how different they can be now while improving the functionality and not just introducing some gimmick that people will think is cool for 5 minutes. I think that they should let the New 3DS have a longer time in the spotlight than previous models and after that I would prefer a "HDS" style with High Definition screens and without the 3D.

While the ability to buy a game once and play it on Nintendo's handheld and home console seems pretty convenient I think that this would discourage a lot of people from getting both systems, which is something Nintendo wouldn't want to happen. Sure, each has a distinct advantage such as portability or a large screen but I don't think that these would be as much a reason to purchase two systems in comparison to system-exclusive games. I think that Virtual Console games should be purchased just once and be playable on both systems, but I'm not so sure for new games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have no meaning for a new handheld except that it continues the recent trend of AmAzInG games from Nintendo and friends. The 3DS is probably my most played system between 2012 and 2015 because of its games.

poisonedPotion

Do not drink the potion!
Maybe if they release an update that allows play android games would be great. Sometimes I really want have buttons like the Nintendo 3DS in my phone and play the game properly and not touching the screen like an idiot.

But I know, don’t worry. I’m asking too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom