• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want out of Nintendo's next handheld

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
The question is in the title. What sorts of things do you want out of the next Nintendo handheld? More use of the Dual Screens? Enhanced 3D features? Maybe even the removal of 3D features? What'ya buyin?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
How about something actually new so that that we don't have basically the same product for like the sixth time in a row, just with a new name and one new feature.

tumblr_lt2svgaLMc1qafrh6.gif

Basically, I don't want the 4DS.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
How about something actually new so that that we don't have basically the same product for like the sixth time in a row, just with a new name and one new feature.

Well that does't provide much. A far as I'm concerned, if it works, just keep using that idea and improving on it. What exactly do you mean by "new"? Something innovative and unique? Or maybe there's a feature you want?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
less remakes and rehashes in the games
off the top of my head,the main games that aren't rehashed [or at least not as much] are kid icarus uprising and fire emblem awakening...and maybe pilot wings,i don't know
and i'm mainly talking about nintendo developed games

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I agree with what others have said about creating an HD DS style system. Ditch the 3D, it's gimmicky and I hardly actually use it anyway. Perhaps make it a little bit smaller than the 3DS XL but bigger than the regular 3DS.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The New 3DS looks pretty good, but I wish they'd change the name. Better graphics would be cool, but have no problem with what they got now. The c-stick addition seems smart. I guess what I want from the next handheld is just more good games. I'm a big Resident Evil fan, get some more on there, maybe Revelations 2?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Something different.

I won't lie, the DS and the 3DS were very successful, but I want then to stray away and deattach themselves from that line so to say. Drop the DS thing, go for a completely new design and market it like it's something completely unique and different.

I've felt like Nintendo has had the same console since 2006. The DS, the DS lite, the DSi, then somewhat of an upgraded DS in the shape of the 3DS... then the XL, and now the completely original titled New Nintendo 3DS. I'm kind of sick of this continuation which has lasted nearly a decade. Of course, I want what everyone wants; more features, better graphics, improved control scheme, but most of all, market the new handheld differently. I'd also like for the console to stray away from being the lesser version to the main console. For example, the 3DS has quite a few games which are also available on the Wii U - stray away from this because it makes it feel inferior.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I want either one of two things:

1) Make the handheld and the console one. Buy one game, and it can be played on both.

2) Just continue with the 3DS. Or the New 3DS. I don't really see anything wrong in making games from this system for longer, it is quite successful.

キラ

Yo!
I just want the next handheld to have an HD screen. I can't believe how low-res the 3DS screens are. At least give the next handheld screens of 720P or more.

I like the dual screen concept though. Although, I would like to something new too. I don't know what that would be though; I'm not that creative. :/

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, in order to play old games and advance familiar series, the basic design must stay. They sort of backed themselves into a corner on that one. How about an HD capable console with Wii U level graphics and processing, two circle pads (better designed to not break, maybe have them actually be more like control sticks) and c-stick, the new moving 3D feature obviously. How they not stray too much from that. Just upgrade and focus on software. Honestly, I think that would be a breath of fresh air to a struggling company bogged down by its own creativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom