• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want Out of FFXV

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
While Final Fantasy XV has not been formally announced yet, we can all foretell its release coming at some point in the future (duh). What do you want out of that title? Are you looking for another story a la XIII series, or maybe you want to see a world expounded like the Ivalice Alliance provided?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
i'm playing VII right now, and VI not too long ago. I want games like these. I want nice adventures, likable characters, a simple-but-elegant story like in VI, and a real challenge. I also want a nice medieval setting. How about a game that doesn't look like an acid trip? Maybe some castles, dragons, and knighrs? Now it doesn't have to be that strictly traditional, but a franchise in this much ruin needs to return to its roots and remember what made it cool to begin with.

Hanyou

didn't build that
My favorite FF games are IV, VI, and IX.

I wish they'd cut it out with the cyberpunk crap, go back to simpler stories and less realistic-looking characters, and recapture the sense of fun that was in earlier entries. True, VI was serious, but it earned its serious tone and it still didn't shy away from lighthearted moments.

Also, what's wrong with a more traditional RPG overworld? Why have the games since X been confined to linear corridors?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I've only played 2.5 Final Fantasies and seen FF1 and bits and pieces of a couple others, so I have a slight lack of experience with Final Fantasy. Despite that, what I want is a focus on a really good story with actual character development (heck, I'll just come out and say it -- I want likeable characters.) and beautiful music. (come back Uematsu!)

The stories (from what I've read/heard) have become cliché and boring, so I'd like to see an innovative, creative plot. Also the characters are bland (again, so I've heard). I only like a couple characters in FF10, and in FF12 I don't have a favorite character because I don't LIKE any of them. So I'd like to see some really good characters in the newest one.

I haven't heard much of the music from recent games, but I have no problem with what I've heard of the music from 10 and backwards. 12's isn't too bad, although I'd like to hear the ending overture (when I actually get around to finishing it...) before I judge the soundtrack overall. I would just like to see a return of the beautiful music. :3

Honestly, I don't know. I haven't been disappointed with a Final Fantasy yet. My two favorites in the series are Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy IV. I think they are all amazing. My favorite series. I don't really have a preference when it comes to setting, as long as it doesn't become all guns. That would be weird. I'd still probably play it, though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They need to give up with the abominable XIII series and create something that is actually enjoyable with a real open world and not just a set path.

i dont want final fantasy XV and i dont know how many other people possibly could after 13, 13-2 and 14. square just remake final fantasy 6, 7, and 9. that'll get the fans back on your side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom