• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Zelda is Missing?

-> More open world. I'm not a big fan of "too much open world" games such as Far Cry 3, but Zelda should copy some of It's elements to make It's world feel more alive and bigger (TP big but with more stuff is enough), yet at same time, the open world exploration should limit itself mostly to sidequests, minigames and heartpieces (etc...?) so It wouldn't give you the "unlimited possibilities" open world games usually have.

-> Optional dungeons. An optional regular sized dungeon (with boss?) that gives heartpiece/items would be a nice change and would perhaps feel more rewarding.

-> More interesting sidequests. MM was Zeldas sidequests at It best, you just gotta love you It set up the world and in a way, developed the NPCs showing their reactions towards the moon and etc.

-> War setup? Good guys vs ganon + monsters, ya know, monsters trying to attack town and people actually trying to protect It instead of Link doing all the hard work? Link wouldn't necessarily have to get in the war and fight millions of monsters, actually, I would be happy If he didn't have to stay in the city protecting It at all, It would be there mostly to show there is more going on than just Link x Antagonist. This would also help making the threat more apparent, like on MM on how people were afraid of the moon.
**This could be directly related to a timeline where Link failed to defeat ganon making the world go into some sort of chaos era. Having a war going on and the world in a terrible state would show that the event was recent and would perhaps show the impact of the tragedy a bit more.

-> More stealth parts. We had some of time on OoT, WW and SS but I feel like Nintendo isn't doing stealth at It's full potential. Instead of doing those parts in early game, doing It on later dungeons when you have access to a few items would make things more interesting.

-> Make It hard to 100%. I was amazed (and disappointed) at how I accidentally 100%'d SS.... That should never happen again.

-> Less obvious Item targets? It's very easy to know when to use hookshot, bow and arrow and etc, that's wasted puzzle potential. Short dungeons can be quite long If the enviroment isn't too obvious and you actually have to put your brain to use.

-> Actually allow you to clock 100 hours. I don't remember clocking over 40 hours to 100% any Zelda game. That wouldn't be so bad If Nintendo stopped saying It would be at least twice as long.

-> More diversity. Ocean, Ice, desert, volcanos, dark places/worlds or w/e, zoras, gorons, dekus, different weathers, sunsets, night, etc.

-> Better effort at connecting the stories. At first, I thought Zelda games were the same legend retold in different ways (few obvious exceptions, MM, PH...), then Nintendo just had to confirm the Zelda games had timeline, the thing is, IT DIDN'T. Every time we have a new Zelda game It raises more questions then answers, that is enough to prove that Nintendo isn't putting much thought on the timeline, If they tried It a bit harder than Zelda story would be way more interesting.
**Zelda X and Zelda Y, Zelda X set up before Y. It would be interesting if the events on Zelda X made some obvious impact on Zelda Y, perhaps showing that they aren't so distant from each other, that would open door to some cool things.
**Connecting everything and developing the story better would open doors to end the endless reincarnation cycle and Ganon. If one game has a direct impact on the other people should be able to defend themselves better and be more prepared for bad situations and Link should get in touch with some past stuff about putting a final end to ganon, that could be developed though multiple games. I know this sounds bad, but while I love Zelda now, I hope Nintendo won't keep milking It for a whole century.

Theres probably more that I wanted to say but forgot... I'm kinda sleepy, so sorry if some stuff didn't make much sense, once I get some sleep I'll try to make myself more clear :<

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Continuity or lack thereof. I Personally feel that the Zelda series needs to establish itself as an actual series or as just a bunch of games. While I would love for all the games to coincide with each other perfectly, I wouldn't be the angriest guy if Nintendo simply came out and said "Hey fans, all the games are different and have nothing to do with each other, so get over it." Atleast then Nintendo would have a firm foundation to establish its games. Not to mention, we would know what to expect. But no, Nintendo feels the need to give us a timeline as if the games have continuity, and then not treat the games like they're a series. Now, I don't blame the fact that initially the games weren't supposed to be connected. I understand that. But once the decision had been made to connect them, we should've seen a bit more connections between games. Because of this trying to be a series, yet not actually being a series, different fans are getting different reactions from different games. When a game comes out that's too similar because its behaving like a series game, the fans that think of the series as independent games get mad at these so called "clones." But then games that don't act like a series, fans that expected them too get mad for being too different and independent!

What the Zelda series needs is a firm foundation. If Nintendo wants to keep treating the games like their different, fine, but let us know. If the they want to treat the games like their a series, even better! But don't tell us there's continuity and that the games are a series and then don't treat them like one. Give us what you promised.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I'd like to see a MUCH bigger world, more towns and more temples, optional or not, I'd love to see a Morrowind sized world with just tons of random things to get, the Zelda series needs to be BIGGER.

Also the recent games have been way too easy, I mean Skyward Sword sort of was more difficult then wind waker but barely, and don't get me started on TP's difficulty, that was the single most easy game ever, made mario power tennis on novice look like freakin madden on all-madden! So make it harder.

I agree with Random as well, I'd like them to go with what they've said they are doing, you've made the official timeline, let's tie everything together now!

Yeah, if I think of anything else I'll come back.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Content, there is almost nothing to do after you are done with the main quest while for instance a game like Skyrim has almost an endless amount of side content which you can explore after you are done with the main story.

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
Dual-Wielding Master Swords Link. 'nuff said. Imagine how epic a Zelda game would be if it had SS's motion controls and Link was wielding TWO swords. :D :D :D

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
I'd like to see difficulty levels. Skyward Sword had hero mode which was a good start but you couldn't play it until you beat it the normal way first. I'd like to see difficulty levels that you can play from the very beginning. I think there should be 4 levels. The normal way, an easy level for those new to gaming or for younger kids, a difficult level, and a brutal level.

I'd like to see a MUCH bigger world, more towns and more temples, optional or not, I'd love to see a Morrowind sized world with just tons of random things to get, the Zelda series needs to be BIGGER.
Well, Zelda isn't really open world and I kinda like that... I'unno, too much free exploration and the feeling of unlimited things to do tends to be more annoying than good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom