• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you think will be announced next about BotW 2?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Just a trailer with some flashy gameplay and scurried story bits, topped by a 2022 release window. Development really began two years ago, so I don't expect them to do much with it this year.

Playable Zelda?
I think Playable Zelda is very likely, but I'd really like Dungeons to come back.

I see a lot of 'playable Zelda' buzz but her exploring with Link and the short hair really isn't enough for me to expect that. Is there anything else from Age of Calamity, where Zelda actually is playable, that adds to the idea? It's not like Tetra was playable after WW or-
wait a minute....

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I see a lot of 'playable Zelda' buzz but her exploring with Link and the short hair really isn't enough for me to expect that. Is there anything else from Age of Calamity, where Zelda actually is playable, that adds to the idea? It's not like Tetra was playable after WW or-
wait a minute....
BotW 2's teaser sets up the perfect scenario for it. Both Link and Zelda seem to be exploring the caves together. I really think it'd be a missed opportunity to not have gameplay around that. I've been missing that sort of thing since Spirit Tracks.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
wait a minute....
If anything, I would say that AoC makes it less likely. Zelda is only able to fight using the sheikah slate, aka she doesn't use actual weapons and the slate there has very different abilities than we see in botw. It's possible she
learned to sword fight sometime after botw, but as of AoC she has no skill whatsoever.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
If anything, I would say that AoC makes it less likely. Zelda is only able to fight using the sheikah slate, aka she doesn't use actual weapons and the slate there has very different abilities than we see in botw. It's possible she
learned to sword fight sometime after botw, but as of AoC she has no skill whatsoever.
There's her sacred power, but at the end of BotW she says her power has diminished quite a bit after sealing Ganon, so I dunno... I just really want that good Link and Zelda teamwork from Spirit Tracks again.

Yes let zelda control the shiekah slate I'm tired of it

No. Introduce a Luddite character who smashes the damn thing. The hermit King had the right idea about Sheikah tech. It was too dangerous to begin with. It's the reason Hyrule fell. they were right to banish it to begin with.

Just a trailer with some flashy gameplay and scurried story bits, topped by a 2022 release window. Development really began two years ago, so I don't expect them to do much with it this year.
Did they specifically say it started two years ago? I believe they once mentioned the idea of a sequel came about due to having too many ideas for BOTW DLC. If that's true I'd assume they'd have been playing around with it for quite a while longer.

The presentation was more or less what I expected. The graphics look noticeably better. Returning to the sky was something I didn't except (outside of the castle) and Link's arm is an interesting development. I'm eager to see how the villages have developed between the games. I hope the world is more lively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom