• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Do You Think SS Was Missing?

I'll be completely honest, I thought that Skyward Sword was amazing the first time I played through it. However, reading this thread has made me think of what else this game could be to make it truly soar (no pun intended)!

That being said, here is my list:

1. More regions and dungeons. The fact that there were only 7 dungeons in the game, while definately challenging, felt too short and too confined. I feel the same as many when I say that an ice region and an ice dungeon would have been beneficial to the game.

2. More in the sky. The sky felt very barren, and reading some of the comments on this and some other threads has made me think of what else could have been done in the sky. Perhaps another island full of people, or a "Cave of Ordeals"-esque island where you could fight through progressively tougher enemies (maybe as a part of the Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round?). Maybe there could be a dungeon in the Thunderhead, where you find out what has happened to Levias before you fight him. These are just some of the things that would make the sky feel more alive.

3. More/Better minigames. Fun-Fun Island, which is one of the only minigames I can really remember playing, was very time-consuming and tedious. I wish there would have been more minigames on the surface, as I can't even think of any off the top of my head. There was a minigame for your sword and your bow, so why not take it a bit further? Have a minigame with the bombs where you can "bowl" Bokoblins down! Or have a minigame with the whip where you need to grab certain items to get points. Just expand it, but in a way that would not feel like you were just padding the game's length.

4. Expanded customization system. This one is just nit-picky on my part, but I would have loved to had more of the customization and upgrades. Other people have suggested upgrading your tunic for different situations (eg. Fire/Water tunics), or upgrading your bottles for more capacity. That would have made more sense as far as the "+ +" upgrades go, because you have the same amount of space in your bottle, so why would you suddenly be able to hold twice as much potion? Also, make more upgrades required so that there is a reason to pick up all of the treasures that you see (with the exception of Amber Relics and Jelly Blobs).

5. The ability to mix potions. This would have really fit with the customization theme well. For instance, the Revitalizing Potion restored your shield meter and restored a few hearts. What if you could combine that with the Guardian Potion so that after you've restored your shield meter, it doesn't go down for a certain amount of time (essentially making your shield "invincible" for a few minutes)? This, combined with the bugs to upgrade potions, could make so many different potions for so many different situations.

6. More enemy variety/better enemy progression. It seemed that it was the same enemies throughout the game. Where were the ReDeads? It felt like there were not very many enemy types in the game, and I wish that there was more variety. As far as progression goes, there is very little change in the enemy difficulty throughout the game. Mases complains about this many times in the video walkthrough, and I must say I agree with him.

7. More exploration. The game felt very linear in the fact that there wasn't really anywhere to explore freely. It was basically just a path that you had to traverse to get to the next area with little to no secret areas. There wasn't much to really explore, which is a shame. Perhaps adding in some areas between the three (or in my ideal SS, four) regions in the land below to get from one region to the other without going back up to the sky would have added to this.

8. The ability to fly and explore the land below at night. This is one that I would have loved just to see new enemies and the same locations with a completely different feel to them.

That being said, this was a very nit-picky list of things and adding these would just make an already great game even better. I would love to see another Skyward Sword-esque game with these features added, though I know that will likely never happen!

Deffinatelly should have made all the land areas connected kinda like all the other games. I didnt like having to fly back up to skyloft to go somewhere else.

They shouldve also had a trading sequence quest. I dont recall any.

i missed "adventure". the sky had NOTHING i was interested in looking for. there weren't anything to do after i completed the game.
in twilight princess and ocarina of time, there was always something to fall back on... like fishing!

Omg i totally agree that it was too easy. I mean i dont want the games to be so impossible to beat but i mean even in twilight princess it was harder to beat the game. In TP i died sooooo many times that i cant even tell how much and in skyward sword i only died ... what? 5 times tops? and that includes the suicide with the imprisoned cuz i was curious

I think if they would have made more towns with more interesting NPC's. Like in Majora's Mask where just about every character in the game had some sort of significance behind it. I would like to see that more in Zelda games. They kind of went back to it in Wind Waker, but I just loved in Majora's Mask how if you talked to an NPC you were going to have a little fun whether it be because you got a side quest or they just had a personality. I'd like to see more towns in Zelda games with interesting NPC's I guess

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Omg i totally agree that it was too easy. I mean i dont want the games to be so impossible to beat but i mean even in twilight princess it was harder to beat the game. In TP i died sooooo many times that i cant even tell how much and in skyward sword i only died ... what? 5 times tops? and that includes the suicide with the imprisoned cuz i was curious
I was exactly the opposite...I died more in SS than in TP.

Pretty much what everyone else said. More sky, caves, etc.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
more fighting. i thought there was a little to much puzzle solving and not enough combat. I also thought that once you got into the way of fighting and everything is pretty natural to you (usually about Lanyru Mining Facility) all the enemies are really basic and easy to beat.

1. Exploration was a big key, i feel like they could have created an area for you to roam and explore when you got bored or stumped and just wanted to take a break and go treasure hunting.
2. I really think they should have done more with Ghirahim. Not himself, but his wherabouts. Perhaps he had a mansion atop the Eldin Volcano? Or perhaps he had a little cabin in the woods? Some place with his little red minions bringing him information about Zelda, Link, etc. A place for him to be, because if you think about it, where was he while we were out saving the world? I think his "mansion" would have been a great dungeon of some sort!
3. Information on evolution and creation of species. I really wanted to know the story of how the Gorons and Zora were made. I have so many questions! Did the parella turn into the zora, and then the zora into the rito? Where did all the Mogmas dissapear to after the Gorons took over Eldin, Death mountain?

Actually I always wondered what was Ghirahim doing each time he dissapeared. He always said how busy he is and how he does not time to lose... but what was he doing exactly and where? After all he has been over a thousand years searching how to free his master... so he has to be somewhere. Also, he is a demon, that race are supposed to have some sort of world. We never know exactly what he does or were and it would have been interesting to elaborate more on his whereabouts.

SS did many things right, but I have always felt that SS could have improved its overworld. The surface is fine, and I really do like the implementation of puzzles outside, but I wished the world felt cohesive and united, not a self contained bubble. I understand, but I would have liked if you found ways to travel from area to area and make the overworld feel conected. The Sky on the other hand was great but was to empty. Skyloft is too small for an entire land were all human residents live. I wish there had been more islands with towns and people living, and have Skyloft as the center of the Sky. That would have made the Sky more interesting because it felt to empty at times. I understand it can't have much combat, Skyloft is a secluded haven afterall. It is protected by the goddess, so it is supposed to be a safe place. However, by putting more islands, it can allow more exploration even if there is little action to be had. Little forests, caves and more towns to explore around and search for upgrades, treachure or Heart Pieces. And a couple more rings to boost speed while riding your Loftwing would have been fun. After all flying is very good and fun. More minigames involving flight would have been entertaining. Other than that there is no much I think they can improve, besides also adding a minimap in the left-corner of the screen.

Last edited:
they should have put in a more variety of enemies 30% of the enemies in the beggining were just made in another form later in the game it had so many versions of keese,spoom, and bokoblins

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom