• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Skyward Sword Link's Final Smash Could Be?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Personally, if the developers opt to replace Ganondorf for Demise, I'd prefer if Demise's final smash was the Skyward Strike. His lightning charged variation is much stronger and visually appealing that Link's counterpart.

Well, first off, I highly doubt that will happen. Ganondorf is an icon. Getting rid of him would be kind of stupid (even if he is technically a Captain Falcon clone). Second, who's to say they couldn't use the lighting version with Link? :)

Well, guys, the thread looks to be straying off course a bit; this is about speculation of Link's final smash should this particular Link be SS Link while making the assumption that Final Smashes will return. ;)

I derail threads all the time. Why should I care if my own is? :P

Triforce Slash. Why change what doesn't need to change?

As A Link in Time said, that move was very generic. It had no real relevance to the Zelda lore.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Same as before. And it's not inevitable. Seeing how Smash Brothers in general seems to favor realistic graphics. You can put Toon Link in and make him distinguishable, but whether it's SS Link or TP Link, it's gonna be seen as TP Link. There's no difference in terms of appearance except graphic styles.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Same as before. And it's not inevitable. Seeing how Smash Brothers in general seems to favor realistic graphics. You can put Toon Link in and make him distinguishable, but whether it's SS Link or TP Link, it's gonna be seen as TP Link. There's no difference in terms of appearance except graphic styles.

Actually, Brawl is the only Smash Bros. game to use realistic textures. The original and Melee were both relatively cartoony.

Beyond that, Toon Link actually had a very distinguished look as compared to the rest of the characters. Despite not being Cel-shaded, he had a very "toon" look to him. The same concept could easily be applied to SS Link.

Also:
JuicieJ said:
So with the inevitability the possibility...

ok his final smash should be, FI coming out of the sword and Annoying everyone to Death. Just like Mr. Resetti from animal crossings in SSBB

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Anyway, I figured Link could take to the armor route if he doesn't just get a copy/paste of the T-Slash; perhaps he could "summon" some magic armor, or maybe wear yellow Knight's Garb and have super abilities? Forward Smash could freeze opponents and stuff?
I dont recall Pipit having any super powers...yellow knight uniform is just yellow. Not a superhero outfit...I think they will keep triforce slash.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Actually, Brawl is the only Smash Bros. game to use realistic textures. The original and Melee were both relatively cartoony.
Because they were on an inferior system...even melee was starting to look pretty realistic.

Beyond that, Toon Link actually had a very distinguished look as compared to the rest of the characters. Despite not being Cel-shaded, he had a very "toon" look to him. The same concept could easily be applied to SS Link.

That's because of his shape. He actually looks different outside of graphics. TP and SS Link don't.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think it should show off something new to the Zelda series, like a loftwing or Skyward Strike. More realistically, I'd say loftwing (Skyward Strike could just replace the bow as a charged 'B' attack).

The only thing that's replaceable is the side B action, the boomerang

They could replace that with the Beetle, and have it control similar to Snake's side 'B' attack (minus the explosion)

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I think if he has 0% he should shoot skyward beams out of his sword. For his final smash his loft wing should fly back and forth across the screen striking all in it's path. make like 3-4 passes.

On a side note they should include a Chain Chomp as an Item (or a Final Smash for Mario or something)

I think his Final Smash would obviously be from the final battle with Demise. He would charge his sword up with lightning and stab his sword into the ground, sending an immense electrical shockwave through the ground, killing multiple opponents.

honestly i hope they dont go with links skyward sword design again because i thought he looked kind of weird in that game and no im not talking about the graphics just the way they designed his character although the graphics didnt really woo me either

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom