• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Phi/Fi Stands For?

This popped into my mind for some reason while i was listening to Z-talk. Phi...kind of a stand out to the other helpers in Zelda games. How?

First thing i thought were syllables.
Na-vi
Ta-tl
Mid-na
Phi...

The 2nd think I noticed was all of them stand for something
Navi- NAVIgator
Tatl- TATtLe
Midna- MIDNight
Phi- ...Fee?
I need a theory for this...do any of you guys have one?

HIN KILLER

Beaten every Zelda
One definition of Phi is "The Golden Ratio" which is a Mathimatical equation thing used in art or architecture. Many people say that Phi's voice from SS sounds electronic sorta, possibly computerish? She IS knowledgeable and so it could have something to do with that. But in all honesty I have no flippin clue!

I don't think that the sidekicks in Zelda games actually stand for anything. I would think that Nintendo would want the player to focus more on the details and attributes of their characters instead of over thinking it. Fi is just a typical sidekick, much like Navi or Tatl. Stuff like this shouldn't be overlooked and we should just state them as they are.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Well maybe it has something to do with music like many people said. I think that fi dancing might have something to do with it(I don't know that Mitch about classical dance to say for shore.

Well, let's take a look.

Fi:

Noun

(music) The solfeggio syllable used to indicate the sharp of the fourth note of a major scale.

Abbreviation

(computer science) The end if program instruction, usually as shorthand.

Also, the upper case letter phi (φι), is the 21st letter of the modern Greek alphabet. Φ (uppercase, lowercase φ). Which is relavant because (as mentioned before):

The golden ratio:

(geometry) The irrational number (approximately 1·618), usually denoted by the Greek letter φ (phi), which is equal the sum of its own reciprocal and 1, or, equivalently, is such that the ratio of 1 to the number is equal to the ratio of its reciprocal to 1. It looks a bit like this:

phi10.jpg

All of those points kind of work within what we know of her character and the game itself thus far. Interesting, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom