• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of Rain?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't exactly hate rain cos it rains pretty much all the time up here so I've gotten used to it. I don't mind the cold and I don't mind getting wet either, but it always messes up my hair. :( Sometimes it's fine if I know it's raining when I wake up but if I've not planned for it and my outfit's not anti-rain, then, I hate it.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I love the rain, and can honestly say that it's my favourite kind of weather. Naturally in some instances I may not enjoy getting caught in the rain, such as when walking my dog for example, but most other times I'll love walking through it as it calms my soul. I've gone on walks alone during rainy days in the past many times, just feeling the rain and being at ease, and other days I'll just open up the windows so I can hear the sound of it as it falls on the trees and ground outside.

I definitely enjoy rain. I don't necessarily like strong downpours but I like the variety of rain we get here.
People seem to actually get a little cranky out here when we get too much sun without a balancing of some rain. I know I do.
Much like native tribes in Alaska whom have a variety of words for snow I feel we get many types of rain here - drizzle, spotting, mist, fog, pouring, solid rain. And, yes, it does make everything green and bloom. I love the rain.

Living in Scotland...I just have to accept that rain is like 90% of our weather :P When its sunny and raining is awesome. (I call it a sun shower)

Night Owl

~Momentai
I love it when it rains. I find the sound of it calming and relaxing.
I find that storms help me sleep, the rain drowns out my brains overactivity and let's me sleep.

(though it does get depressing when it rains daily for several days straight)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't like rain at all. I am grateful that it doesn't rain frequently where I live. Now if you ask which I hate more: the rain or cold weather - that is a tough choice.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Rain is essential for all life on Earth :nod:

But I don't really have much with rain. I'm indoors all day. When I do get caught out in the rain, like most people, I try my best not to get wet. It's not very comfortable to be walking around in wet, wrinkled clothes. And my hair turns into a mess when it dries up. It gets all tangled, and rough, and frizzy.

But some times, I turn into a child when I watch it rain outside. I stretch my hand out the window and try to catch the rain drops. When it's a light drizzle, I want to run outside for a second, and then dash back in before I get too wet. This happens when I get wet through human-made ways too, like sprinklers or mist. Whenever it's a hot summer day and we're outside, like for example when we were at the zoo, I passed under a metal arch with mist coming from the top, cooling everyone down. I wanted to stand under it all day and feel the droplets form on my face. When I was young, I used to love playing with the sprinkler whenever it was on, which was rare. I still want to, but it's considered childish :P

There are specific moments which I wouldn't mind getting wet by the rain, though :3

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
When I was young, I used to love playing with the sprinkler whenever it was on, which was rare. I still want to, but it's considered childish :P

That doesn't mean you can't still do it. I go out with my friends and play with their sprinkler all the time in the summer. We even have the occasional watergun fight. If it's fun as a child, it's probably still fun. :)

Anyway, there are only a few exceptions to when I don't like rain.
When I lived in Vancouver, there was one day during which the high concentrations of nitric oxide in the air reacted with the falling rain and came down as acid rain. It was very mild, but it was still enough to do a little bit of damage. I was houselocked that day because my parents didn't want us to go outside, which sucked because I loved playing out in the rain! :kawaii:
Another example is winter. I absolutely hate it when it rains when there is a lot of snow on the ground. It just makes the snow all wet and hard and slushy, and then it usually all freezes shortly after. Then the ice causes car accidents (one on the highway the other day caused a tractor to combust) and people accidents, which isn't fun.

Most of the time though, I love rain.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
It depend on the season. In Spring, Summer and fall, I think rain is either fun or relaxing; whenever its raining, I always get a good night sleep. However, I absolutely despise it in the winter. As someone who LOVES snow and thinks the only point of having winter is for it to snow, its very disappointing to see it rain when its 25 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Especially if every freaking state in the US, even ones that shouldn't have snow (i.e Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia) is getting snow except for where I am...really pisses me off sometimes...

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Love, love, love the rain. No matter what the case is, I love it. Especially while I is thunderstorming. The feeling of power and sensation of awe as I see lightening strike and thunder shakes the earth...I absolutely love it. When it thunderstormed a couple years back, I would sit on our upstairs floor and gaze out a big window. Now I sprint outside screaming indie song lyrics.

H

HMSGoomba

Rain is one of those things that, no matter where you live, you can get that little touch of nature. It's always nice to go walk around in rain, but I think snow is a little more fun to go run about in. Snow > Rain

Fig

The Altruist
I love the rain. It's my favorite kind of weather. Something about rain makes me feel calm and yet chaotic at the same time. Although I love walking in the rain more than watching rain fall. The main reason for is because no can tell I am crying in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom