• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of Darklink Taking Over Hyrule?

T

Thewriter

I'm currently writing a story on Darklink taking over the world in the OoT timeline, either creating a third split timeline in the series, or having Darklink be the evil that caused the goddesses to flood hyrule. How do yall feel about this? Do you think its a good Idead or a bad one? Do you think it would make an interesting game?(explain your answers please!)

I'd like to see him return as another major boss, or at least a role like he had in FSA, but I'm not too crazy about your idea.

I don't like the idea of Dark Link. The dark version of the main character thing has been done to death in nearly every videogame series, and I'd rather not see him in any future Zelda games, unless he's a miniboss with no storyline involved.

Z

zeldamasterswor

It would be cool, but find another Dark Link scenario, then come tell us about it. Not trying to be mean here.

I've always loved the idea of Dark Link having an actual personality and motives, but then again I haven't been watered-down by other video games that have done this idea to death, like illmatic said. Unfortunately, the only scope of Dark Link I've seen is from OoT, where he's really just a mindless enemy for you to blast away with the Biggoron Sword... So I totally love your idea of making him a major character in a LoZ story. However, I'd probably have to agree with the others and say at least stay away from plot lines that have already been used for Ganondorf, like flooding Hyrule and such. Give him his own story with his own character, and not just an embodiment of Ganondorf. I think that's a great idea

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I agree too, its a nice idee. Ganon is the evil character who is greedy for power, but Dark Link should be an anti-Link who owns an opposite power of the triforce. And because he is the anti-form of Link he should be the only one who is pure evil. Ganon almost does, but he was once a Hylian too, so he also has (evil) wishes. Its not Ganons wish to destroi everything and everyone because if he does, he can never be the king of light and shadow because there is nothing to rule over.
But Dark Link is just pure evil, so maybe he could be the only one who destrois the world and sacred realm because he has no reason to rule or something like that, he could be the enemy who just want to destroi everything good in the world

I did not read those two posts ^ above me, but I would love to see Dark Link again! He played to small a role as the final boss of AoL and I loved his role in FSA. My timeline goes like this.

Base: ZSS - MC - (FS) - OoT
Adult: TWW - PH - ST - (FS) - (LoZ)
Child: MM - TP - FSA - ALttP - OoX - (LoZ) - AoL

In my timeline, Dark Link (not the one from OoT), was created using the Mirror in FSA. Then in the GBA remake of ALttP, took the FS in the Palace of the Four Sword to release Ganon from his sceal in FSA, then DL never died, but Ganon did. So attempts to revive him in AoL. I always wondered, what if there was a third split between FSA and ALttP were Dark Link changed his mind about reviving Ganon. On the Term of a third split, I think it is possible that there is a third split were Majora sucseded in destroying Termina, but that is for another topic. I sincearly hope Dark Link is the boss of ZSS and he is unrelated to the Other Dark Links (unless there is a time paradox after ALttP, which would be cool). Honestly, I would take anyone as the boss as long as it is not related to Ganon or Malladus. (No Cole, Twinrova, Bryne, Aginhim, Zant, Onyx, Veran, etc.) (Majora, Bellum, Vaati, Dark Link, etc is fine.)

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Maybe not having Dark Link take over Hyrule, but have him overtake Link at points in a game. And when that happens, you have to do something every time to get rid of him. The Dark Link would create some kind of destruction or destraction in the game so that the game is a bit harder. This seems like an idea, IMO.

Moldorm

Is not Error
The most obvious problem I can see would be the lack of dialogue in the final battle scene. We typically have the pleasure of some last minute information from a smack-talking Ganon, for example. Your last scene might be two characters staring at each other for a while and then fighting. AoL didn't have to worry about this issue because of the absence of cut-scenes. But, nowadays cut-scenes are a standard part of production. I enjoy boasting from a boss before I fight one. It pumps you up for the fight. I'd just hate to sacrifice something like that.

However, I would like to say that I love the idea of a larger role for Dark Link. He has such potential for being a more involved character.

The most obvious problem I can see would be the lack of dialogue in the final battle scene. We typically have the pleasure of some last minute information from a smack-talking Ganon, for example. Your last scene might be two characters staring at each other for a while and then fighting. AoL didn't have to worry about this issue because of the absence of cut-scenes. But, nowadays cut-scenes are a standard part of production. I enjoy boasting from a boss before I fight one. It pumps you up for the fight. I'd just hate to sacrifice something like that.

However, I would like to say that I love the idea of a larger role for Dark Link. He has such potential for being a more involved character.
Just because Link is mute, doesn't mean Dark Link is mute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom