• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages What Do You Think About The Legend Of Zelda Oracle Of Ages

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Well I literally just beat this game for the first time got lost a couple of times but that's what zeldadungeon is here for, right? I even had a glitch encounter when Veran attacked me with her spider form and then felt like switching in the middle of her attack to turtle form. But anyway I loved the game and as the thread title says I want to know what you guys think of it as well?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoA is a beast of a game. Its puzzles are the kind of puzzles that SHOULD HAVE been featured in Skyward Sword. It completes Oracle of Seasons. It's the best GBC game IMO not including Seasons. Need I continue?

Now, what I'm really wondering is why Nintendo hasn't re-released this masterpiece along with OoS. Very few if any people have played the Oracle games, and I want that rectified. Ages is a puzzly game and it stumps me even in the SECOND dungeon. I love that about game design. Ages is awesome.

The Oracle Games are the weakest Zelda titles in existence in my opinion. That said, Oracle of Ages has some mind bending puzzles, perhaps the greatest in the series. As Vanitas maintained, Oracle of Seasons serves as an action complement to the title. Overall, I prefer Ages's bosses over those in Seasons for they weren't mere reuses from the NES original but the Season altering perk definitely wipes the floor with time traveling, which was already done better in OoT and MM. When the games are linked, however, the true battle against Twinrova and Ganon unfolds. That moment redeems the duo entirely.

I really enjoyed Seasons and Ages. They were fun, even if they weren't as in-depth as the other titles. Being able to time-travel and change the seasons was really interesting. Unfortunately, I no longer have these games, so I'd like to see them put on the 3DS as Virtual Console games.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
It's like Link's Awakening with more stuff, but worse, because it's more complicated (the same applies to Seasons). Linked Game secrets and rings sounds interesting, but the collection of them is the hardest part. I would like to do a 100% playthrough of both games, but I have a question - what's the easiest way to collect all rings?

They were too surface deep.. if that makes sense. I felt there wasn't enough depth to the game, and they're probably my least favorite in the series. That being said, they both are great games, and oracle of ages has some serious puzzles! They were pretty fun, but as a zelda game they were a little disappointing.

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
i think it is funny because i bought this game a few weeks a go and was just playing it.
I did not have much time to play it so i'm just past the 3rd dungeon but i think it is EPIC. more games should have that kind of puzzles.(only then i 3D ofcourse..)
I'm going to buy seasons in soon and i can definitively recommend Ages to others!

MW7

I love the puzzles a lot. I really wish the series would go in a direction that made puzzle solving as challenging and central to gameplay as it was in Oracle of Ages. That's my favorite kind of difficulty- the kind that makes you think. I could be off track because I haven't played it in a while, but I do recall having trouble navigating the overworld. If I recall correctly I think it was that some parts of the overworld were pretty linear, and I would have trouble finding my way around because there would only be one path to get to places. Another thing contributing to this problem I had was probably the lack of detail in the game's map.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Oracle of Ages is a good game.

It was extremely challenging and made my head hurt every time I played it, but I enjoyed the challenge. I do however prefer Oracle of Seasons as I prefer Din to Nayru, and Holodrum to Labrynna.

Both Oracle games had good dungeons and bosses, and a great arsenal of items. Plus I love the Oracles concept and the rings.

I'd rate the pair a 6.75/10. It was interesting to play, but neither of the games have very good replay value to me. Plus I feel like they were very unoriginal in the game design seeing as they are so similar to Link's Awakening. I know they ran on the same engine, but come on. They barely tried at all to differ it from LA.

I beat Ages a while ago and thought it was a great game, definitely worth playing. I didn't finish seasons, I gotta go back and beat it.

While the oracle games are pretty far from my favorite Zelda games, I still enjoyed them both. I tend to enjoy console Zeldas above handheld Zeldas, simply because the designers are free to do more with the game, in terms of depth, mechanics, and artistic design. With that said, these games, though inferior to Link's Awakening in my opinion, both have their own merits that make them significant pieces of the franchise.

I prefer Ages over Seasons, not just for its emphasis on puzzles, but also for the fact that it has a greater narrative, throughout the game. You run into Ralph, periodically, who serves as a character contrast of Link. The Black tower serves as a constant reminder of what the game is building towards. Traveling through time affords better development of characters, as it shows the causes/effects of the events in both time periods through the forefathers and descendants of the characters you meet. All of these pieces come together to make the game feel more "Zelda-ey", and make Seasons feel standard in comparison.

Though I don't replay the oracle games often, I'd have to say Ages is my favorite handheld Zelda after Link's Awakening.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Amongst the 2D zeldas, I actually consider these 2 my favorites. Ages I think i liked better then seasons. Except for Jabu Jabu, i got so lost in there, i wasted hours just trying to find the room to change the water level again.

Ages had time travel and a creepy she tree that hit on you, whats not to love?

I really liked the rings concept, It made you think of what ring sets do to use for when, if you wanted defense or offense, or to not fall thru the floor, and of course fun useless ones to turn into a like like just cause. They offered a level of replay-ability due to the fact you literally can't get everything in a single play thru. All in all capcom did an amazing job with them.

D

Donaldthe5

to be honest it wasn't terriblely original =\ but i think that AGES is the better one out of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom