• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Do You Name Your Character?

What do you name Link?

• Link

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Your Name/initials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other important name/word to you

• Other (please elaborate)

• Total voters

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
What do you usually name your character in Zelda games? I ALWAYS go with "Link" (cuz that's his name!!), but whattabout the rest of you?

Salem

SICK
Usually my own name, sometimes I use something funny like "I farted", try playing Oot with that name.

Last edited:
Either "Link" or "Blue" for the most part, though really, really, old save files have him named after myself. There are a few exceptions but they're usually for, like, additional playthoughs that no one cares about. Yeah. For instance, I started replaying Phantom Hourglass last week (I think it was last week...? I got distracted, whoops) and named him "Ebola" just because.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I use my own name except for when I play Majoras Mask. You cannot put in a save slot "Ben" without being a bit paranoid....

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
When I was a little kid, I used my name because I didn't realize the green hero kid had his own name. Once I realized he did, I started naming him Link. Only recently have I begun naming Links after OCs they remind me of. Wind Waker is Dagger, OoT/MM is Luke, Spirit Tracks is Thanatos.

Oh, and I also named my latest TP file Ravio, and the horse Sheerow.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Usually Link, but nowadays it's always **** Me. Ever since watching Zero Punctuation's review when he mentioned doing it and getting enjoyment out of Navi shouting "**** me it's cold in here" I've done it myself and it really does add a comedic effect to the game. Hash tag worth.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
These days, it's always either Link or Azure. I used to be obsessed with the name Alphonse so I would name him that a lot, too, but I haven't done that in a while. I really love the name Azure, and I use it as a character name for pretty much any game I play with a naming option, The Legend of Zelda included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom