• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Miss from Certain Zelda Games when Playing Other Titles in the Series?

Conor

the over analysing guy
A few examples of mine would be the sword skills in TP whenever I'm versing a darknut in ocarina of time, or wind waker (don't know if they're in majora's mask, haven't got that far)
How easy it is to control the camera angle in Windwaker when I'm playing the n64 titles, and the general atmosphere of both the n64 titles when playing the other games, what about you guys?

Big Octo

=^)
Well, the Iron Knuckles (Not Darknuts) in OoT don't really make me think of hidden skills, all you have to do is slash a few times, backflip away, and repeat. Also, the parry moves used on Darknuts in WW are basically the helm splitter and back slice, so there isn't much to miss there.

Now, the free camera movement in WW and TP I always wish I could use in OoT and MM. Other than that, I don't miss much.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I wasn't saying I struggle on them, I'm just not very patient, and prefer doing everything quickly and fluidly, it's not really a major problem for me but more of a little niggle

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I miss the difficult final encounter with the main enemy from OOT and MM Ganondorf did not do much damage in TP and WW was just too easy strategically. I miss the humour from both OOT and MM. WW had very few funny moments and TP even less. Thats about it really.

I miss the sword beams from the older games and the masks from MM. Other than that, there really isn't that much that I miss from other games.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Oh that reminds me, I also miss the bunny hood's double speed in Majora's mask, in pretty much every game, for aforementioned reasons :p

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Sword beams from old games. Silver Arrows. Magic items like from ALttP.

Though, some of these (sword beams specifically) might make the newer style of games even easier.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
When I'm playing Twilight Princess, I miss the Sun's Song/Song of Passing from OoT/WW - the songs that make it night or day at whim. I miss having a day/night manipulation a lot in that game, actually.

In most titles, I miss having the many cities that exist in Adventure of Link. I think (modern) Hyrule needs more towns. It's such a ghost-kingdom in most games.

I miss the distance of TWW when playing TP.

In TWW you can climb for minutes and minutes and get to astounding heights, you can see things so far away in the distance (I love using the telescope to see what enemeies are doing while chilling on a raft or in a sub etc..

Conor

the over analysing guy
I enjoyed doing that as well, and seeing islands from a distance, reminds me of that bit near the beginning of resident evil 4,

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I don't miss a specific Item or a gameplay element. What I miss is the unique atmosphere of A Link to the Past. The game still blows my mind. The game features a huge world. Different adventures and Dungeons in two worlds. An epic story. And a nice twist at the end. The game was just perfect. Newer Zelda games forced me to do something I don't like to do (like collecting the tears of light in Twilight Princess, or the revisiting of the DS Temples). The game was challenging without this annoying stuff.

My wish for the future, a new Zelda set in the world of a Link to the Past. And for the timeline, this would be very appreciate by many fans.

MW7

Now that people mention it, I do wish the camera system from WW and TP were in the older games as well. Also in TP the hidden skills were really cool but I feel like it made combat in the game too easy. The one thing from TP that I really loved were the lantern caverns. Those things felt true to the adventure spirit of Zelda games and I'd love to see them in all the future games.

I wish every Zelda game had a bank like in MM because of the huge number of rupees I pick up while already having the max amount of rupees possible. I also wish more Zelda games had NPCs with the level of complexity that MM had. Windfall Island in WW was cool as well with the large number of NPCs to help.

My number one overall wish is that all the Zelda games had a non-linear main quest. Linearity is what ruined TP for me. I didn't like the forced wolf segments, the overall ease of the game, or the fact that many NPCs were just there to say the same sentence to you over and over, but I absolutely hated that you were forced to complete the game in the exact same order every time. OOT and MM are my 2 favorite Zelda games and OOT can be completed in 274 different orders without glitches and MM can be completed in 4! or 24 different orders (entering the dungeon for the item and leaving allows you to complete MM in any order you want but Stone Tower Temple can be before Great Bay without entering Great Bay).

Conor

the over analysing guy
I liked the non-linearity of the first game, how you go into a dungeon that's way out of your league and you have to figure out yourself that you need an item to progress, a Link to the Past did this really well also.

Ice Sage

these are words
I miss the top down view from some of the games. If that counts. I just like looking at the game from top down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom