• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you hope to see in the next Zelda? (The princess, not the game)

So, since we now know that the next title will not be a direct sequel to Tears of the Kingdom, meaning the Wild Era is over, that means we're getting a era entirely, and a new Princess Zelda herself.

So, the Zelda we've had for 2 games, three if we count Age of Calamity, was arguably the most well developed version we had, seeing her go from a young woman with insecurities that she took out on Link, to falling for him and overcoming those insecurities.
The last 3D Zelda before her was in Skyward Sword, a very modest girl of much humbler origins who was Link's childhood friend.
Before her in 3D was Twilight Princess, who was a pretty serious character and had little direct interaction with Link.

I could go on, but now I got to thinking...
Avocados are actually tasty. That nothing to do with this, but I felt like saying that.
ANYWAY... since we'll be seeing a new game with new characters, that means a new Zelda herself is in it. So, what kind of character do you hope she'll be?
Closer to Skyward Sword? Similar to Wild Era's? A merger of past versions? Something completely new?

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
probably similar to Wilds Era would be something we would get. Since Nintendo has already seen that BOTW's Zelda was so well received, they probably won't completely reinvent her yet at least right?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I've always loved the concept of Sheik from Ocarina of Time, and while the cutscenes we get of them are really cool and impactful it's a shame we never get to see them in action. That was such a missed opportunity, bring back ninja Zelda. I liked the implication of her being actively involved from the sidelines and making preparations while Link was sleeping. Like, give us tactical Zelda. We totally missed out on that.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
We've had pirate Zelda, ninja Zelda, ghost Zelda and dragon Zelda.

Now it's time for... *drumroll*... robot/cyborg Zelda.

Futuristic Zelda game plz.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
For her to play a real role in the plot and not just be a victim.

But I also think it would be cool to see a Zelda written in a way that more realistically aligns with monarchies. Emphasize the class difference between her and Link and make it intrinsic to their plot and their dynamic.

Also, just make her queen. When you're the last surviving member of your family and still trying to carry on the monarchy then you are a queen.

I would start with making her semi playable with incredible powers like General Leo in FF6 or Beatrix in FF9. That is to say, a short sequence where she has some kind of turbo powered role and does a lot of stuff, but just for a short time and keep the focus on Link so she can maintain her distant whimsical mystery as an NPC also.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
Even if she's not the main character I want to play as Zelda again like in Spirit Tracks. Or, like, you split gameplay between Link and Zelda for dungeons and boss fights (Link whacks Ganon with the Master Sword until Zelda can shoot him with Light Arrows)

I would like Zelda to finally be playable in some game. i know that Zelda is playable in Hyrule Warriors, but i want to play with Zelda in a main title and why not? i would also like to see a cooperative 3D Zelda game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom