• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you do to stay awake?

CriminalLegitimateGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Dio

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
No matter the situation, I have an easy fix that always workseven if I’m in the middle of a thread- I csn sray aeake... zzzzzzzzz

I often either drink a monster or listen to upbeat music. Sometimes I can just power through. One night I was camping with friends and we built a fire. I volunteered to take watch, (Not to look out for danger but to keep the fire going. I stayed up all night trying to keep the fire going. When my friends all woke up they were toasty warm and refreshed. I was dead inside. They asked me: “Didn’t you sleep?” I just pointed at the fire and started making coffee.

Dan

No matter the situation, I have an easy fix that always workseven if I’m in the middle of a thread- I csn sray aeake... zzzzzzzzz

I often either drink a monster or listen to upbeat music. Sometimes I can just power through. One night I was camping with friends and we built a fire. I volunteered to take watch, (Not to look out for danger but to keep the fire going. I stayed up all night trying to keep the fire going. When my friends all woke up they were toasty warm and refreshed. I was dead inside. They asked me: “Didn’t you sleep?” I just pointed at the fire and started making coffee.

And domozilla never left that spot, always keeping the fire going, as his friends aged and forgot about domozilla, he would never forget his oath to keep the fire going. Some say you can still hear flames cackerling, others aren't too sure. And that kids is the legend of domozilla.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Stay... awake??? Why in god's name would I want to do that??? I need my 9 hours. But if I absolutely had to stay awake for something... Video games are usually a good way for me to do it. The mental stimulation and bright screens will keep me going for a few hours, at least. I'll still eventually crash and burn, though. There was one day a few years ago when I got Fantasy Life on the day it released. I stayed up and played it for 22 hours straight. I could not put it down. That's literally not an exaggeration. It was a huge mistake because it was a school night. It was the first and last time I've ever done that. So yeah, video games are probably the best way to keep me awake for a while.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It's pretty rare that I need to force myself awake. My brother frequently had to pull all-nighters to get through architecture school. One of his tricks was too slowly nurse a 5 hour energy throughout the night.

Those sorts of drinks do help prevent you from falling asleep on a physical level, but you'll still feel exhausted and mentally you might still check out. I did it once when I had work/school conflict and was forced to work from like 1am to 6am so that I could attend class without screwing over my workplace.

If it's a short term sort of thing, generally I try to sit in a less comfortable way, prevent myself from getting too comfortably warm, or periodically pinch myself to prevent myself from nodding off

Ninja

Well well well
Coffee, and it sounds weird to say, but a quick power nap is effective when you need an extra few hours of being awake.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
If I'm at work, particularly whilst driving and on the brink of exhaustion, I can generally summon up some serious focus for ~30 minutes at a time before slipping back into the malaise.

As you can imagine, I've been working to avoid that level of fatigue by getting adequate sleep and meals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom