• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Do Today/What Are You Currently Doing?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Lots and lots and lots and lots of Uni work. Separated by bouts of Final Fantasy 12. Fun stuff! :P

I had today off so I spent the majority of it talking to Vain and playing with my puppy. She is quite the rascal today ^_______^

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Watched Lilo & Stitch for the first time in about a year....I am such a child, I laughed and cried while watching it, I laughed and cried while watching a children's movie...

...apparently Rainy made her weekly visit to DGN while I was doing that, at least I was able to read her encouraging posts:D

Fig

The Altruist
Right now I plan to stay up for the rest of the evening to see if I can finish all of those posts, that I have been meaning to finish up. All I have to do is edit a few sentences and press the "Post Quick Reply" button and that's it, but even then I just realized that I am so lazy to even push that button so we'll see how tonight goes. :P

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
My week so far
☒ Presentation on source analysis in historiography featuring the material I used for my own project
☒ 6,500 word essay on the interpretations of conditions in Weimar Germany that lead the rise of Nazism (a Hitler paper that ironically featured almost no Hitler)
☒ 5,200 word essay on interpretations of the 18 Brumaire Coup that lead to Napoleon's ascendency to power (equally ironic, a Napoleon paper nearly completely void of Napoleon)
☒ 300+ review questions for my AP students
☐ Final revision of my thirty page research paper on the convergence of New South industrialization, urbanization and divorce in Western North Carolina at the end of the 19th century

I project to finish by about 6am, which will give me about two hours sleep before I have to go to a two hour meeting where I will be trained in on the extra pile of responsibilities that are now part of my assistantship.

So summer vacations starts for me about noon tomorrow.

I will celebrate with a five hour nap.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Me and my siblings got on the topic of Halloween and dressing up a few minutes ago, despite it being only May. My sister said, "You should totally be Link for Halloween!" and I said "But then I would need to buy the entire costume."

And then, I was like, "No, I should be BEN for Halloween... that would be awesome." My brother replied with "No, I want to be BEN! It won't work cuz you're a girl, obviously." Seriously, ever heard of cross-dressing? Geez. XD Then he said... "No… I should be Tingle for Halloween!" Insert laughter here. That would rock.

Me: "Ah, I can be BEN, and you can be Tingle! And so I would get the door, and be like… YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT... and the children would run away screaming. Hehehe... And also, I would be taking (my brother) out trick-or-treating, and people would think I was Link, taking this random kid dressed up as Tingle around, when we would walk up to a door and people would see the black and red color contacts I'd be wearing and freak out."

Seriously, the idea is really appealing to me. I might actually be dressing up as BEN for the faraway Halloween this year just cuz. Why not?

Fig

The Altruist
Right now I'm just waiting for the English Dub of Attack on Titan to begin! I just need to roughly wait for another two hours or so! I've been waiting for this day to arrive and finally it is going to happen! :D

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Right now I'm just waiting for the English Dub of Attack on Titan to begin! I just need to roughly wait for another two hours or so! I've been waiting for this day to arrive and finally it is going to happen! :D

I don't understand the hype for the English dub, because a lot of the VAs don't suit the characters (especially Mikasa). If I don't fall asleep, I'll try to catch a glimpse of it to see whether or not they ruin the series (because dubs usually suck, the Fate/Zero dub is a prime example of this). Okay that's just my 2 cents, I'll shut up now.

Went to the library today just to chill, and by chill I mean be hella ratchet.

Fig

The Altruist
I don't understand the hype for the English dub, because a lot of the VAs don't suit the characters (especially Mikasa). If I don't fall asleep, I'll try to catch a glimpse of it to see whether or not they ruin the series (because dubs usually suck, the Fate/Zero dub is a prime example of this). Okay that's just my 2 cents, I'll shut up now.

Personally I believe Mikasa's VA is going to do a fine job and I'm sure it is going to grow on you as the series continues. I don't think dubs can really ruin a series (trust me there were many people who told me dubs of popular animes such as Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Soul Eater at the time that said that the dub was going to ruin the series, but the dubs for these two animes were actually pretty well done and now the majority of people like the dubs, especially FMA: Brotherhood), I just think people over criticize for the fact that it's an English dub. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be flaws that the English dub will have, but I don't think it will ruin the entire series. I think that's going a bit overboard. Since we are talking about dubs, I just want to say that I enjoyed Fate/Zero's dub. It just might be my favorite dub from all of the dubs that I have seen.

Now to the topic of Mikasa's VA. Ever since the clip was revealed on tumblr, I feel that people were expecting for Mikasa to sound like the bad*ss she was in the Japanese version, and I understand why they are upset. But it seems that more and more people are just rather displeased with the fact that Mikasa didn't live up to their expectations and some people that I know are saying that she alone ruins the series. As I stated earlier, I was going to provide a tumblr post that samples Mikasa's VA when she loses her cool when things are getting serious. If that's how the Mikasa's voice actor sounds like when she just loses her s***, then I can expect great things from her as the dub continues to air.
http://nintendogamerfig.tumblr.com/post/79573380847/bertl-bear-the-titan-let-me-explain-something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom